Subject: [MEDIACTRL] FW: Commenton draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-|framework-06.txt

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:56:27 -0000

I have a comment regarding the framework draft.

Section 6.3.2.1 States:  

"A Control Server issuing a 202 response MUST contain a 'Timeout'
message header."

[Chris Boulton] Correct.

but Figure 3, Table 1 in section 9.1 shows that only a request may
contain a Timeout header (and only a REPORT request at that).

[Chris Boulton] Yes - the table also needs to include 202 responses to
provide the initial timeout figure for the extended transaction - I will
fix the table in the '07' release.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

[Chris Boulton] So you receive a 202 with a 'Timeout' header to indicate
the initial timeout before the first REPORT arrives.  It should then
appear in subsequent REPORT messages for the same purpose.

Chris.

~Cameron Pietrafeso
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl