Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Online MediaCtrl prototype demo available

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:43:49 +0100

Dear all,

we just made available an online, video-enabled, version of our  
MediaCtrl prototype. The Media Server and the test Application Server  
are on seperate machines, and one application is provided, which is  
basically the video version of the one we released some days ago  
(app_audio). Many scenarios are presented, which can be experienced by  
navigating through the IVR menus.

To give it a try, just grab your favourite SIP phone and call

sip:[email-masked]:5080

or

sip:[email-masked]:5080 (in case you can only use digits for URIs)

The AS will answer the call and interact with the MS in order to  
implement the video application. In case your softphone does not have  
video (or the MS does not support your codec) the application will  
fallback to an audio-only version (as_audio).

You can check what the AS and the MS are telling each other by opening  
a webpage:

http://www.meetecho.com/mediactrl/

which will host a sequence diagram of all the MEDIACTRL interactions,  
together with a full dump of the exchanged messages. The AS also  
periodically places some auditing requests just for testing purposes.

We tested the application with several SIP phones (Linphone, Ekiga  
SVN, X-Lite, SJphone, Grandstream GXV3000 and so on) and it seemed to  
work fine (just as a note: if you use X-Lite, make sure you disable  
H263+, whose implementation is incompatible with ffmpeg). Of course  
we'll appreciate any kind of feedback you'll deem valuable to share  
with us, also considering the upcoming MEDIACTRL meeting session on  
thursday.

To conclude, the test may not be up and running 24/7: so, in case  
you're interested in giving it a try and find it down, just drop me a  
mail and I'll launch it up again.

Thanks, see you around if you're in Minneapolis,
Lorenzo

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Universita' degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy)
Phone: +390817683821 - Fax: +390817683816
Email: [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl