Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Consumer Interface!!!!

From: Chris Boulton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 18:01:06 +0100

All,

As mentioned in my previous mail - this is intended to trigger 
discussion related to the Consumer interface that is being defined in 
the latest MRB document.  For those who are not sure, go take a look at 
the latest version 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-00.txt).  
The consumer interface can be split into two sections.  The information 
that will be included in the request to provide parameters to the MRB to 
select an appropriate media server resource AND information returned in 
the response indicating the chosen media server resource(s).  The 
following have already been included based on previous discussion:

Consumer Request

o  RTP requirements - including media/codec type, codec priority.

o  Conference requirements - number of users.

Consumer Response

o  list of appropriate media server resources (include individual capabilities).

Please take time to look through the list and:

a) comment if you think something major is missing from the definition.
b) comment if you think something is wrong that is currently listed.
c) comment if you think something is not clear and needs an explanation 
to justify its inclusion.
d) You are happy with most things listed (this is just as important).

Thanks.

Chris and Lorenzo.