Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Protocol Action: 'Media Resource Brokering' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-19.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:28:04 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Media Resource Brokering'
  (draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-19.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Media Server Control Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb/

Technical Summary

  The MediaCtrl work group in the IETF has proposed an architecture for
  controlling media services.  The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is
  used as the signalling protocol which provides many inherent
  capabilities for message routing.  In addition to such signalling
  properties, a need exists for intelligent, application level media
  service selection based on non-static signalling properties.  This is
  especially true when considered in conjunction with deployment
  architectures that include 1:M and M:N combinations of Application
  Servers and Media Servers.  This document introduces a Media Resource
  Broker (MRB) entity which manages the availability of Media Servers
  and the media resource demands of Application Servers.  The document
  includes potential deployment options for an MRB and appropriate
  interfaces to Application Servers and Media Servers.

Working Group Summary

  The working group consensus on this document is solid.  Two
  WGLCs were held, one after the initial consensus on the
  document, and one after extensive review and implementation
  experience dictated a number of small improvements to the
  protocol and its description.

Document Quality

  The protocol described in this document has been implemented
  by several major vendors.  The description has also been
  carefully reviewed by someone not involved in its writing or
  implementation.

Personnel

  Dale Worley is the document's shepherd.
  Robert Sparks is the responsible AD.

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:02:45 -0600

You made it! Congratulations!

Spencer, the retired previous co-chair ...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Protocol Action: 'Media Resource Brokering' to 
Proposed Standard	(draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-19.txt)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:28:04 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IANA <[email-masked]>
CC: mediactrl mailing list <[email-masked]>, mediactrl chair 
<[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel

   Dale Worley is the document's shepherd.
   Robert Sparks is the responsible AD.
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:08:10 -0500

Thanks!

On Feb 21, 2013, at 5:02 PM, Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Protocol Action: 'Media Resource Brokering' to Proposed Standard	(draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-19.txt)
> CC: mediactrl mailing list <[email-masked]>, mediactrl chair <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
>