Subject: [Medup] MEDUP Hackathon @ IETF-106 in Singapore

From: Hernâni Marques (p≡p foundation) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 13:09:15 +0100

Dear folks

As the updated key sync draft
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01) and and a
new privacy threats draft
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-symeonidis-pearg-private-messaging-threats-00)
will have a time slot during PEARG, we don't see the necessity to run a
specific MEDUP session in Singapore.

Also the updated draft on requirements for header protection in email
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-requirements-01)
will already be discussed somewhere else -- in LAMPS.

Check LAMPS agenda:

https://tools.ietf.org/wg/lamps/agenda?item=agenda-106-lamps-00.html

However, if you want to practically help to bring work forward: we will
have a MEDUP hackathon session (Sat & Sun), with a focus on interop
tests in email.

Also we can practically explain and show all technologies which roam
around MEDUP in any detail needed, as we will have plenty of time!

Please participate!

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/106hackathon

Current text (might change to add more work):

[snip]

 Missing Elements for Decentralized and Usable Privacy (MEDUP, non-WG)

    Champion(s)
        Hernâni Marques <hernani at pep.foundation> / p≡p foundation &
Damiano Boppart <damiano at pep-project.org> / p≡p security
    Project(s)
        Interop tests in end-to-end email encryption based on OpenPGP
formats: Autocrypt, pEp, commercial solutions
        Tests with secret key synchronization protocol of pEp:
​https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01
        Mailing list: ​https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/MEDUP
        The presence at the hackathon will replace the MEDUP meeting
which took place already twice at IETF-104 (Prague) and IETF-105
(Montréal), through a more hands-on and practical model so as to bring
work forward with all interested and affected stakeholders; see
materials on former MEDUP meetings: ​https://pep.foundation/docs/ietf/

[/snip]

Suggestions on things to add: very much welcome -- reach out!

Greets & cu, soon!

Hernani

-- 
p≡p foundation: https://pep.foundation/