Subject: Issue Score Card

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:37:41 -0600

The note is meant to track issues raised from 14 Jan 2000 onwards.  This
date seemed to be a reasonable starting point, since that is effectively
when work on v14 started.  Disposition of the issues is one of:
 -- "error", denoting something broken or inconsistent in current text,
which will go into an errata sheet for rectification in Geneva; or   --
"clarification needed", which will probably go into the H.248v1
Implementor's Guide (but once there, can perhaps be incorporated directly
into the Megaco RFC), or
 -- "missing functionality" which we'll have to allocate to H.248v1 or
H.248v2.

Errata
=====

Section affected: 7.1.14.

Erratum: paragraph beginning "In addition to these event symbols, the string
may contain ..."
The "S" duration modifier is unexplained and should be deleted.

Erratum: numbered paragraph 4. in description of processing behaviour,
delete specific reference to DTMF package.  Replace the final part of the
sentence beginning with "... the DTMF package ..." by the phrase "... the
package whose events are being mapped into the digit map string."

Erratum: example at end of section.  The "L" and "S" modifiers should be
deleted.  The "*" and "#" symbols should instead be "E" and "F" in
accordance with the mapping in the DTMF detection event package (see erratum
for section E.6).

Section affected: 7.2.5
Erratum: third sentence before table at end, replace "unspecified" with
"wildcarded".
References:
Raised: Madhu Babu, 14/01/00, "unspecified" Context Identifier for Audit
Command
also Selvam Rengaswami, 27/01/00, Telcordia SG16: Comments on 8.1.2
regarding ContextIDs in H.2 48
Fix per Brian Rosen, 14/01/00, "unspecified" Context Identifier for Audit
Command

Section affected: 7.2.8
Erratum: bullets summarizing use of ServiceChange parameters.  For
ServiceChangeAddress, rpelace "mandatory" by "optional", leaving rest of
bullet unchanged.
Reference: Chuong Nguyen, 31/01/00, ServiceChangeAddress

Section affected: 9.
Erratum: in second paragraph, where IP ports are specified: expect to obtain
the same value of port number for both TCP and UDP, but a different set of
ports for text vs. binary operation.
Raised: Christian Huitema, 14/01/00, FW: Application for port-number
Status: Chair has applied for second pair of port numbers for binary
operation.  Assigned port numbers should be known before decision of H.248.

Section affected: Annex A, section A.2
Erratum: delete OPTIONAL for the auditDescriptor term in the AuditRequest
production.
Reference: Sachin Mittal, 31/01/00, v 14: Change required in Audit command
description

Section affected: Annex A, section A.3
Erratum: in production "digitLetter", "ditigMapLetter" should be replaced by
"digitMapLetter".
Erratum: in accordance with section 7.1.14, the production "digitMapLetter"
should include the following symbols only: "0" through "9", "A" through "K",
and the long duration modifier "L".  Production MFsig should be deleted.

Section affected: Annex B, section B.2

Erratum: delete OPTIONAL for the auditDescriptor term in the AuditRequest
production.
Reference: Sachin Mittal, 31/01/00, v 14: Change required in Audit command
description

Erratum: in accordance with section 7.1.14, the production "digitMapLetter"
should include the following symbols only: "0" through "9", "A" through "K",
and the long duration modifier "L".  Production MFsig should be deleted.

Section affected: Annex E, section E.5.3
Erratum: event name d* is not a legal production, and should be changed to
ds ("s" for "star").  Similarly, event name d# should become do ("o" for
"octothorpe").

Section affected: Annex E, section E.6.2
Erratum: include the following text and table to provide mapping between
DTMF events and digit map symbols:

"The following table maps DTMF events to digit map symbols, for use as
described in section 7.1.14:"

    DTMF Event     Digit Map
                    Symbol
    d0 (0x0010)       "0"
    d1 (0x0011)       "1"
    d2 (0x0012)       "2"
    ...               ...
    d9 (0x0019)       "9"
    da (0x001a)       "A"
    db (0x001b)       "B"
    dc (0x001c)       "C"
    dd (0x001d)       "D"
    ds (0x0020)       "E"
    do (0x0021)       "F"

Clarifications
==========
Section affected: 7.1.5

Comment: if a command other than ServiceChange or Subtract is received for a
terminationID which is in Test or Out of service state, the MG should reject
the command with error 503 - Service unavailable.
Reference: Sachin Mittal, 31/01/00, ServiceChange

Section affected: 7.2.8

Comment: Where the terminationID designates an individual termination the
sender of the ServiceChange command should use the contextID of the context
in which the termination currently lies.  In any other usage the contextID
has no significance for the processing of the ServiceChange command.
Reference: Sachin Mittal, 27/01/00 and Tom Taylor, 31/01/00, Importance of
ContextID in ServiceChange command

Issues Not Yet Resolved
==================

Cisco SG 16: Command Atomicity
So far, comments from Chip Sharp (originator) and Brian Rosen in favour.
I've been told

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- IPConnect Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961