Subject: Plan for moving forward with ITU SG16 and megaco?

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:14:59 -0500

What is the current plan for moving forward for ITU SG16?

Here is what I know so far:
        *       SG16 is planning to approve H.248 at their meeting in February
        *       No more contributions to SG16 can be submitted from the US.
        *       A draft from megaco will be submitted as a rapporteur's contribution???
        *       SG16 Q14 will work on H.248 based on written contributions to
                produce a version on which the administrations will vote at the
                end of the meeting.

This is as much as I know.  Anyone else have more info?

Thanks,
Chip
Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:21:15 -0500

I will confirm this.  Basically I hope that Brian and John can put out
draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-05.txt next week as the basis for WG Last Call.
This should also be the basis for the Rapporteur's delta submission to the
SG 16 meeting.  If Last Call reveals any problems, I would hope the fixes
could be fed in to SG 16 via a Rapporteur's TD (Temporary Document).

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chip Sharp [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2000 3:15 PM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Plan for moving forward with ITU SG16 and megaco?
>