Subject: Creating Streams & Moving Terminations when multiple streams are active

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:16:25 -0500

An issue has been raised on Streams.  7.1.7 includes text that
defines when streams are created, but there is no text describing
how streams are created.  Also, the text does not define what happens when
you move a termination where there are multiple streams, but
the streams in the old and new context are not congruent.

I propose the following text to be added to section 7.1.6

Streams are created by specifying a new StreamID on one of the terminations
in a Context. Streams are deleted by setting the Mode property in
LocalControl to "delete" on one of the terminations in a Context.

If a termination is moved from one context to another, any streams in the
new context that have the same Id, and the same media (as determined by
local and remote) on the moved termination remain active on that
termination.  Any streams that were active on a moved termination that were
not the same StreamId and the same media type in the new context are deleted
on that termination.  Any streams on a moved termination that are active in
the new context that did not have the same StreamId and media type as in the
old context are not active on the termination until an update of the Media
descriptor on the termination mentioning such stream is given (which may be
included in the Move command).

Brian

---

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:44:53 -0600

Brian

Can physical termination has multiple streams?  If yes, can you give me some
examples.

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:07:46 +0100

G'Day Brian,

I've got a few issues with the text. Please see below.

Christian

"Rosen, Brian" wrote:
> new context that have the same Id,
>>>>> and the same media (as determined by local and remote)
[CHG] I don't believe this line should be included. The media could be
different. The MG would have to cope with this. ie. If C1(T1(S1)=GSM and
I move this to C2((T1(S1)=GSM),(T2(S1)=G711)) a transcoder should be
inserted and the call is still successful.

> on the moved termination remain active on that termination.
[CHG] This I agree with. The original stream stay active.

> Any streams that were active on a moved termination that were
> not the same StreamId
>>>>and the same media type
> in the new context are deleted on that termination.
[CHG] No these streams should just be moved. They just won't be
connected to anything. They need to still be there in case you want to
move them back.
ie. the call waiting case C1(T1 and T2 [S1=audio, S2=video]) in a audio
and video call. T2 is then moved to C2(T3 and T2 [S1=audio]) where they
are in an audio call. S2 should not be deleted because you may want to
move it back to C1.

> Any streams on a moved termination that are active in
> the new context that did not have the same StreamId
>>>>and media type
> as in the
[CHG] I don't understand this one.

[CHG] If this needs to be clarified then I propose the following text
instead of your last paragraph:
"In the case where a termination with its associated streams is moved to
a new context the following applies:
- if a stream(ID) of the moved termination matches the stream(ID) of the
existing termination the moved termination SHALL be part of the media
flow on that stream.
- if a stream(ID) of the moved termination does not match a stream(ID)
in the existing termination the stream of the moved termination SHALL be
retained although it will not take part in any media flows in the new
context.
- if a stream(ID) in the existing termination does not match a
stream(ID) in the moved termination then the existing stream continues
unaffected."