Subject: Re: Creating Streams & Moving Terminations when multiple streams areactive

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:14:18 -0500

Sure, how about a stereo headphone pr a TV set with a cable TV connection

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuong Nguyen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Creating Streams & Moving Terminations when multiple streams
areactive

Brian

Can physical termination has multiple streams?  If yes, can you give me some
examples.

Thanks
Chuong

"Rosen, Brian" wrote:

An issue has been raised on Streams.  7.1.7 includes text that
defines when streams are created, but there is no text describing
how streams are created.  Also, the text does not define what happens when
you move a termination where there are multiple streams, but
the streams in the old and new context are not congruent.

I propose the following text to be added to section 7.1.6

Streams are created by specifying a new StreamID on one of the terminations
in a Context. Streams are deleted by setting the Mode property in
LocalControl to "delete" on one of the terminations in a Context.

If a termination is moved from one context to another, any streams in the
new context that have the same Id, and the same media (as determined by
local and remote) on the moved termination remain active on that
termination.  Any streams that were active on a moved termination that were
not the same StreamId and the same media type in the new context are deleted

on that termination.  Any streams on a moved termination that are active in
the new context that did not have the same StreamId and media type as in the

old context are not active on the termination until an update of the Media
descriptor on the termination mentioning such stream is given (which may be
included in the Move command).

Brian

--

  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]

  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613

  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****