Subject: Cisco SG16: Comment on E.3.4

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:13:57 -0500

Section:        E.3.4
Category:       Editorial
Issue:          The chosen values for signal IDs are somewhat confusing
considering
the fact that another representation is used in digit maps.
Proposal:       It is recommended that, at a minimum, it should be
clarified that
the signal ID values specified here are translated to another
representation prior to attempting a match in a digit map.
Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:18:28 -0600

Agreed, except that the problem is with DTMF detection (E.6, referring back
to E.5).  In accordance with the description of digit maps in 7.1.14,
mapping should be provided between the events dd/d0 through dd/d9 and digit
map symbols "0" through "9"; between events dd/da through dd/dd and symbols
"A" through "D"; between event dd/d* (is this name legal in our ABNF??) and
symbol "E"; and between event dd/d# (another dubious name!) and symbol "F".

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chip Sharp [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 9:14 PM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Cisco SG16: Comment on E.3.4
>
> Section:        E.3.4
> Category:       Editorial