Subject: Road Map

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:29:04 -0600

Here's my view of where we're going from here to the end of the week.

As everyone is aware, a pile of issues has been raised on the list.  I am in
the process of sorting them out.  I will put out daily progress reports so
we can keep track of what we're doing.

What we should end up with at the end of the week is three documents which
will be input to the SG 16 meeting as Rapporteur's Temporary Documents:

(1) An errata list, indicating clear errors and inconsistencies in the
present H.248(v14) document.

(2) A set of clarifications, which most likely will end up in the H.248
Implementor's Guide.  An open process issue is whether these should be
folded into the Megaco protocol RFC when it comes time to publish it.

(3) A set of missing functionality to be added to H.248 before it is
approved.  Ideally this should be an empty document -- any more
functionality should be saved for the next iteration of the protocol.

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- IPConnect Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961