Subject: Cisco SG16: Error Codes

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:05:19 -0500

Section:        7.1.9, second bullet in bullet list
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies that "The notification shall contain error
code 518 (event buffer full)", however a Notify command cannot contain an
error code.
Proposal:       It is recommended that error code 518 is deleted from the list of
error codes, and an "event buffer full" event is defined instead.

v13 Status:     Closed. Removed as part of extensive rewrite of event
processing.  This rewrite needs further review.

Section:        7.3, error code list
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text includes error code 518 for "event buffer full",
however as mentioned earlier, a Notify command does not contain an error
code, and error code 518 should consequently be removed.
Proposal:       It is recommend to remove error code 518 (may consider adding an
"event buffer full" event).

v13 Status:     OPEN. No relevant text changed.

Section:        12.1
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies, that packages contains properties,
events, signals, statistics and procedures. However, when new properties
and signals are defined for a package, it may be beneficial to allow for
package specific error codes to be defined as well. For example, if a
package defines support for MF trunks, it would be beneficial to be able to
communicate specific MF trunk error events when they occur.
Proposal:       It is recommended that Packages may also define new error codes.

v13 Status:     OPEN. No text changed.

Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------