Subject: Cisco SG16: Keep Active

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:43:03 -0500

Section:        7.1.9, "Event Actions" table
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies that "KeepActive:      As Notify, but
production of signals continues (if any signals were active)".The above
definition is overly restrictive in that it prevents events from being
accumulated (either with or without digit map) and at the same time keeping
a signal active. For example an IVR application accumulating a string of
user input and playing an announcement until the entire string is
accumulated cannot be supported with the above behaviour.
Proposal:       It is recommended, that "KeepActive" does not generate a "Notify"
and that it becomes possible to specify multiple actions such that
"KeepActive" can be combined with, e.g. "Notify" or "AccumulateByDigitMap"
depending on the particular application.

v13 Status:     OPEN. Event actions table has been removed and extensive
modification of entire event processing taken place.

Section:        7.1.9
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies that "When KeepActive is specified as the
event action, the media gateway shall send a Notify message to the
controller upon detection of the event. Furthermore, the controller shall
not interrupt any signals active on the Termination on which the event is
detected" The above definition is overly restrictive in that it prevents
events from being accumulated (either with or without digit map) and at the
same time keeping a signal active. For example an IVR application
accumulating a string of user input and playing an announcement until the
entire string is accumulated cannot be supported with the above behaviour.
Proposal:       It is recommended, that "KeepActive" does not generate a "Notify"
and that it becomes possible to specify multiple actions such that
"KeepActive" can be combined with, e.g. "Notify" or "AccumulateByDigitMap"
depending on the particular application.

v13 Status:     OPEN. Extensive modifications of event handling has taken
place. Events now always reported immediately on detection.

Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------