Subject: ABNF discrepancies?

From: Jo Friedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 08:20:32 -0700

I suspect that two of the Megaco ABNF rules aren't correct.

1. The rule for eventOther can lead to an encoding with two equal
signs (or =>, =<, etc) because eventOther has EQUAL in its
definition and parmValue also has an EQUAL in its definition. It
appears the EQUAL should be dropped from the definition of
eventOther (similar to how propertyParm is defined). The rule
should probably be:
eventOther = eventParameterName parmValue

2. The rules for localDescriptor and remoteDescriptor don't
include the string "= SDP", nor surrounding { } as shown in the
examples in Appendix A. It seems like the usage in the examples
makes sense for parsing the SDP descriptors.The rule should
probably be:
localDescriptor = LocalToken EQUAL SdpToken LBRKT octetstring
RBRKT

Did these get changed in the upcoming draft?

Jo

---

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:40:55 -0500

Jo,

Notice has been taken. The V13 will have fixes for all of these
as well all the ABNF remarks brought up on this list.

Abdallah Rayhan