Subject: Query w.r.t MGCP

From: Seshu Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:31:51 -0500

I need some information regarding Media Gateway behavior with respect to
MGCP.

When a Media Gateway is processing a 'Requested Event' with multiple actions
against it.  How should Media Gateway behave when it fails to process one of
the actions?

Example - "R: hf(S,N)"
Required behavior is to swap the connections and notify the occurrence of
flash hook.  Suppose if swap connections failed due to some reason, How
should Media Gateway behave?  Should it proceed with notification of 'hf'?
But there is no means of reporting the failure of swap connections to Media
Gateway Controller.

Appreciate an early response.

Thanx in Advance
Seshu
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------
S V N Sesh Kumar Ghanta
Project Leader
                                                Onsite
Ind-TeleSoft Pvt. Ltd.          Lucent Technologies
612, 6th Block                  Excel Switching Corporation
Koramangala                     255, Independence Drive
Bangalore                       Hyannis, MA
INDIA - 560 095                 USA - 02601

email - [email-masked] [email-masked]
Phone -                         +1 (508) 862-3634