Subject: Cisco SG16: Embedded Events/Signals Descriptor

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:05:29 -0500

Section:        7.1.9, third paragraph from bottom
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies that "An Action can include an Embedded
Signals descriptor and/or an Embedded Events Descriptor which, if present,
replaces the current Signals/Events descriptor when the event is detected".
The paragraph does not define what happens with a partially matched digit
map when an Embedded Events Descriptor is activated. For example, lets say
digits "1,2,3" were accumulated according to digit map A, and the embedded
Events Descriptor then accumulates digits according to digit map B, how
does digit map matching proceed ?
Proposal:       It is recommended, that the current dial string is cleared, and
that digit map match should be reset when an embedded Events Descriptor is
activated.

v13 Status:     OPEN. No significant text change has occurred.

Section:        7.2.7, last line
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies that "The events in the list must have
been requested via the triggering EventsDescriptor". This implies that an
embedded EventsDescriptor will prevent previously detected events from
being reported. For example, if an "off-hook" event is used to trigger a
dial-tone, and a request for another set of events through an embedded
events descriptor, it will not be possible to report the off-hook event.
Proposal:       It is suggested that the text is modified to allow reporting of
events triggered by both the surrounding and the embedded EventsDescriptor.

v13 Status:     OPEN. No relevant text has been changed.

Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------