Subject: Telcordia SG 16: Additional Call Information Needed in H.248

From: Selvam Rengasami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 08:57:02 -0500

According to Section 7.1.9, can an embedded EventsDescriptor contain an embedded
SignalsDescriptor?

If it can, then the following is possible:  SignalsDescriptor (embedded Events
Descriptor [embedded SignalsDescriptor]). In addition, then the following should
be added to the next to last paragraph of 7.1.9:

An embedded SignalsDescriptor may contain an embedded EventsDescriptor and vice
versa.  However, only two levels of embedding are permitted.  For example, an
embedded EventsDescriptor contained within an embedded Signals Descriptor shall
not itself contain an embedded SignalsDescriptor.

If this is not allowed, then the following should be added to the next to last
paragraph of 7.1.9:

An embedded SignalsDescriptor shall not contain an embedded EventsDescriptor.

Section 3.2 of a Telcordia Technologies contribution to SG 16 (which can be
found at
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/Incoming/telcordia-h248-misc-cmts.DOC )
provides proposals for clarifying this issue.

-Selvam Rengasami
Telcordia Technologies
Tel:  +1 732 758 5260
E-mail:  [email-masked]