Subject: Cisco SG16: Streams

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:02:50 -0500

Section:        7.1.4, second paragraph
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies that "A stream is identified by a
StreamID", however there is no uniqueness requirement on the StreamID which
may lead to inconsistent behaviour.
Proposal:       Since terminations, and thereby streams, may be moved between
different context, it is recommended that StreamIDs are defined to be
unique within a MG.

v13 Status:     OPEN. No new text.

Section:        7.1.7, third paragraph
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies that "Mode set to delete is used to remove
a stream from a termination". There is no mention of how to add a stream
which would seem logical to be able to if you can delete a stream.
Proposal:       It is recommended that text describing how streams are added is
included.

v13 Status:             OPEN. No text added.

Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------