Subject: Example Call Flow in V13

From: Harpreet Singh Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:03:31 +0530

Hello Nancy,

I have a few questions  regarding the call flows given in Appendix A (v13
draft):

1. In Step 3, a modify command is being sent to MG1 to modify the properties of
the analog termination A444 in the NULL context. In this message, a Local
Descriptor, which specifies the media that is received on the analog termination
from outside the Media gateway, is being sent. In this Local Descriptor, the
network type is being specified as IN and the protocol as IP4. Similarly, the
transport is being defined as RTP/AVP.

How can the recive media on the analog termination can have network type as IN,
protocol type IP4 and transport type RTP/AVP ?

2. In step 8, it has been mentioned that "There is also an embedded event to
stop dialtone upon detection of the first digit. dd is the DTMF Detection
package, and ce is the completion event."

What is the embedded event which stops the dialtone ? Is it the 'ce' event ? It
can't be the 'ce' event because 'ce' event by definition will be detected when
the full dialled number (that matches the digit map) has been received and hence
the dial tone would be stopped only when the full dialled number has been
received.

3. In step 11, MG1 notifies the dialled string "16135551212". My question is how
does this dialled string satisfies the dial plan: (0S|
00S|[1-7]xLxx|8Lxxxxxxx|#xxxxxxx|*xx|9L1xxxxxxxxxx|9L011x.S)

Regards,
Harpreet

_________________________________
Harpreet Singh Anand
Ficon Technology
E-mail :  mailto:[email-masked]
Web    :  http://www.ficon-tech.com