Subject: Non-Buffered EventHandling

From: Bob Lukas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:09:53 -0800

The change in text in v14 regarding Event handling has left me a little
confused about event handling when EventBuffer flag is off. The text is
explicit about the EventBuffer=on case, but only says
"If the EventBuffer flag is off when the new Events Descriptor is received,
the queue is flushed and no events are added to it. The default state of
EventBuffer is off.",
but section 7.1.5 says
"The EventBuffer flag specifies whether events are buffered following
detection of an event in the Events Descriptor, or processed immediately".

After a Notify transaction containing ObservedEvents, what happens to new
events detected while EventBuffer is off?
Are they discarded until a new Events Descriptor is received, queued then
flushed until/when a new Events Descriptor is received, or do they continue
to get matched and reported against the previous Events Descriptor?
My understanding is that new events would continue to be processed as per
the previous Events Descriptor, correct?

________________________________
Bob Lukas
Broadcom Canada
Richmond BC
[email-masked]

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:49:38 -0500

When EventBuffer is off, any Events are immediately processed against the
current EventsDescriptor.  There is no buffering, and the EventBuffer
descriptor
is not used.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bob Lukas [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 7:10 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Non-Buffered EventHandling
>
>