Subject: Telcordia SG 16: Comments on 7.1.13 on DigitMaps in H.248

From: Selvam Rengasami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:06:31 -0500

Section 7.1.13 on Digit Maps needs to take into account one additional case.
The case where a received digit string matches a complete string in the digit
map, but also matches part of a longer string in the digit map.  This case
requires the use of critical (or short) inter-digit timing to determine whether
any further digits are required.  In this case, the short timer could be used
monitor for additional digits.

Steps 3 and 4 require clarification to address this issue.

It is proposed that items 3 and 4 be replaced with the following:
3.   If the result does not match any entry and is under-qualified (partially
matches at least one entry in the DigitMap), do nothing further.
4.   If the result is a match and is under-qualified (partially matches at least
one other entry in the DigitMap), apply the short timer and await further
digits. If the timer expires and no digits are received or an end-of-dialing
indication is received, send the current dial string to the MGC.  If one or more
digits are received apply steps 1 through 5 again.
5.   If the result is a match and is over-qualified (i.e., no further digits
could possibly produce a match), send the current dial string to the MGC.

Section 3.3 of a Telcordia Technologies contribution to SG 16 (which can be
found at
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/Incoming/telcordia-h248-misc-cmts.DOC )
provides a proposal for resolving this issue.

-Selvam Rengasami
Telcordia Technologies
Tel:  +1 732 758 5260
E-mail:  [email-masked]

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:34:20 -0500

Good point.  Let it be done.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Selvam Rengasami [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 9:07 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Telcordia SG 16: Comments on 7.1.13 on DigitMaps in H.248
>