Subject: Cisco SG16: Multiplex Descriptor in Add

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:49:30 -0500

Section:        7.2.1, third paragraph from bottom
Category:       Technical
Issue:          The draft text specifies that "if a Multiplex Descriptor is
present in an Add command and lists any Terminations that are not currently
in the Context, such Terminations are added to the context as if individual
Add commands listing the Terminations were invoked". However it is not
specified how errors encountered when adding such terminations are handled
(normally, when wildcards are used, a response for each termination matched
by the wildcard would be returned).
Proposal:       It is proposed that the command fails and an error code is
defined for this case is defined.

v13 Status:     OPEN. No relevant text changed.

Section:        D.1.5, item number 4
Category:       Editorial
Issue:          The draft text does not point out the side-effect of a an
Add command with a Mux-descriptor naming terminations not presently in the
context. Such commands essentially operate as wild-carded Add commands and
should consequently be mentioned as well.
Proposal:       It is suggested that the following sentence is added to the
end of rule 4: "This includes Add commands with a Mux-descriptor where the
terminations in the Mux-descriptor are covered by the wild-carding in the
Subtract command"

v13 Status:     OPEN. No text changed.

Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
--------------------------------------------------