Subject: O- and W- in ABNF

From: Jo Friedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:58:31 -0700

It seems that "O-" used in commandRequestList and "W-" used in
subtractRequest and auditRequest are not described anywhere.

An archived message from Nancy stated that: "Megaco/H.248 does
have a way to mark a command as optional (O-)" and this
corresponds to the discussion of optional in section 8.

I'm guessing that W- corresponds to this statement found in 7.2.5
and 7.2.6:
"If the TerminationId is wildcarded, only one command return is
generated, with the contents containing the union of the values
of all Terminations matching the wildcard." (Note this statement
is missing from the Subtract command in 7.2.3). Did I guess
correctly?

These notations should be better documented in the spec,
especially for those of us who don't know the secret handshake.

Thanks,
Jo

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:14:35 -0500

A version and an I-D will be posted tomorrow.  It has some text.

Please note, because the text has to cover both the text encoding
and the binary encoding, the text does not mention the O- or W-
syntax.  It talks about optional commands and wildcarded responses.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jo Friedman [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 11:59 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: O- and W- in ABNF
>
>