Subject: suspicion & disconnection threshold

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:11:33 -0600

Hi

Megaco v13, Section D.1.4
"We should note that the "suspicion threshold", which we will call
"Max1", is normally
lower than the "disconection threashold", which should be set to a
larger value."

The paragraph containing these 2 sentences is incomplete.
The paragraph can be traced to MGCP RFC 270 section 4.2 which tries to
specify what MG should do if
"suspicion threshold" is exceeded.

Quote from MGCP  (Max2 is equivalent to disconnection threshold above):
"we request that if the number of repetitions for this Call Agent is
larger than "Max1", that
the gateway actively queries the name server in order to detect the
possible change of the
call agent interfaces."
"The gateway may have learned several IP addresses for the call agent.
If the number of
repetitions is larger than "Max1" and lower than "Max2", and there are
more interfaces that
have not been tried, then the gateway should direct the retransmissions
to alternate
address."
"If there are no more interfaces to try, and the number of repetitions
is Max2, then the gateway
contacts the DNS one more time to see if any other interface should have
become available.
If not, the gateway is disconnected."

Does Megaco want to implement "suspicion" and "disconnection" threshold
as specified in MGCP?
If not, it seems like only a "disconnection threshold" is needed.
If yes, more text is needed in D.1.4

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****