Subject: Service Change Command Reply from MGC

From: Shalini Philip <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:02:10 +0530

Hello all,

    This is regarding the message sequence between MG and MGC  when an
MG boots up and attempts to register with an MGC. Refer to Section 7.2.8
where it is said that
"The MGC may specify the ServiceChangeAddress for the MG to use in the
returned result ServiceDescriptor.
The MG shall use this address for any subsequent communication with the
MGC."

As discussed earlier on the mailing list (I am not able to trace the
exact mail), I think we need to explicitly state here that "if the MGC
specifies a new ServiceChangeAddress in the ServiceChange Reply, MG
SHALL have to establish the association with the MGC again by sending a
ServiceChange Command on the new ServiceChangeAddress".

Regards,

Shalini Philip
Ficon Technology
E-Mail : mailto:[email-masked]
Web    : http://www.ficon-tech.com

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:07:29 -0500

It was never decided that the MG would have to send a new ServiceChange at
the new address.  This is a change in behavior,
which I would be reluctant to agree to at this point.  You
don't use this mechanism to hand off to another MGC, so the original
MGC should know what to expect next.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shalini Philip [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 7:32 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Service Change Command Reply from MGC
>
>
> Hello all,
>