Subject: MG specifying alternate ServiceChangeAddress

From: Harpreet Singh Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:21:10 +0530

Hello all,

Reference Sec 7.2.8:
" The optional ServiceChangeAddress parameter specifies the address (e.g., IP
port number for IP networks) to be used for subsequent communications.  It can
be specified in the input parameter descriptor or the returned result
descriptor. "

Both MG and MGC can specify alternate ServiceChangeAddress. For UDP, this works
fine, however, for TCP it does not make sense for MG to specify the port number.
What is MGC supposed to do when MG sends an alternate address ? MGC can not take
any action on it as MG is the one who initiates the TCP connection,

Regards,
Harpreet

_________________________________
Harpreet Singh Anand
Ficon Technology
E-mail :  mailto:[email-masked]
Web    :  http://www.ficon-tech.com