Subject: Meaning Of BR Signal Type

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:30:31 -0500

This one has been flogged nearly to death, but from recent discussions I
think we have the following understanding of the BR signal type.

BR: the duration is known to the MG (either by provisioning or by design).
The MGC must not specify a duration.

I would propose that this definition replace the current text in section
7.1.11.

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- IPConnect Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:47:08 -0500

I don't agree with this.  Every signal has a duration, and the DEFAULT may
be
provisioned, but it can be overridden.  The MGC should be able to override
the
default.  Certainly something like a DTMF digit has to be able to be
overridden to generate a "long tone" for example.

I'd accept that some MGs may not be able to do this, but I expect that won't
be much of a problem.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tom-PT Taylor [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 2:31 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Meaning Of BR Signal Type
>
>