Subject: Command Error Codes

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:04:01 -0600

Section 7.3 Command Error Codes
"Sending the explanatory string is optional."
Does this or should this statement be apply to ServiceChange Reason
codes?

The following errors implies responses/acknowledgement to
TransactionReply and TransactionPending
but the ABNF does not shows a TransactionAcknowledgement.
Section 8.2.3 and 8.2.4 do not talk about these transactions having
responses/acknowledgement.
If there is supposed to be one, be aware that the name TransactionAck is
already used in D.1.2

     404 - Syntax Error in TransactionReply
     405 - Syntax Error in TransactionPending
     461 - TransactionIDs in Reply do not match Request
     462 - Commands in Transaction Reply do not match commands in
request
     463 - TerminationID of Transaction Reply does not match  request
     464 - Missing reply in Transaction Reply
     465 - TransactionID in Transaction Pending does not match any open
request
     467 - Illegal Duplicate Transaction Reply

Who sends this error MG or MGC?
Definitely not MGC to MG which does not make sense.
MG to MGC make some sense but it is only helping to flood the network.
     504 - Command Received from unauthorized entity

     466 - Illegal Duplicate Transaction Request               ???????

Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****