Subject: xGCP/SDP Extensions For ATM and Codec Specification

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:29:34 -0500

I have received a Cisco document which has been submitted to the ATMSDP list
set up by Brian Rosen and also to the Media Device Control WG of the
International Softswitch Consortium.  The content of this document is
partially applicable to Megaco/H.248 as well as to SGCP and MGCP.  The
contents may be summarized as follows:

*       SGCP/MGCP-specific stuff
*       endpoint naming conventions
*       encodings of parameters in LocalControl which Megaco would place in
Local and Remote (using SDP)

*       An ATM package
*       new events: setup complete, setup failed, codec change, ptime
change, cell loss exceeded, packet loss exceeded, quality alert
*       new signal "Enable CAS type 3 packets" -- haven't a clue what this
is talking about.

*       Codec names for SDP dynamic payload types -- varieties of G.729,
G.726, G.723.1, G.727, GSM, and n x 64kbs Clear Channel

*       SDP extensions to carry ATM-related information.

All of this material needs careful study to see how it relates both to basic
requirements and to Megaco/H.248.  I have placed the document,
ATM_Extensions_xGCP_rev3.1_external_version.pdf, in the Megaco FTP site at
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/latest/

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- Emerging Carrier IP Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961