Subject: ServiceChangeMethod HandOff

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:20:02 -0600

Hi

ABNF:
mId = (( domainAddress / domainName ) [":" portNumber])
serviceChangeMgcId = MgcIdToken = mId

If an MGC wants to handoff an MG to another MGC2, the MGC2 IP address is
specified in
serviceChangeMgcId.  What to do about the portNumber:

1) No portNumber specified in mId or serviceChangeAddress so MG contact
MGC2 via
     default/well known port #.
2) Non default/well known port # specified.  Where should the port # be
specified -
     in the mId portNumber field or in the ServiceChangeAddress?
3) Don't allow port # period in Handoff.  Always use default/well known
port # with MgcIdToTry
     to contact new MGC.

Side note:
For mId in message header, for UDP communication, portNumber is
mandatory and
for TCP communication, portNumber is not specified at all.

Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****