Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 06:46:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : MEGACO Protocol
        Author(s)       : F. Cuervo, B. Hill, N. Greene, C. Huitema,
                          A. Rayhan,  B. Rosen, J. Segers
        Filename        : draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-06.txt
        Pages           : 147
        Date            : 09-Feb-00

MEGACO defines the protocols used between elements of a physically
decomposed multimedia Gateway consisting of a Media Gateway and a Media
Gateway Controller.  There are no functional differences from a system
view between a decomposed gateway, with distributed sub- components
potentially on more than one physical device, and a monolithic gateway.
This document does not define how gateways, multipoint control units or
integrated voice response units (IVRs) work.  Instead it creates a gen-
eral framework that is suitable for these applications.
Packet network interfaces may include IP, ATM or possibly others.  The
interfaces will support a variety of SCN signaling systems, including
tone signaling, ISDN, ISUP, QSIG, and GSM. National variants of these
signaling systems will be supported where applicable.
The protocol definition in this document is common text with ITU Recom-
mendation H.248.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-06.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.