Subject: Re: regarding multiple Error Descriptors in command replies.

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:53:40 -0500

If you are auditing statistics but the stats are lost. How do you report
that ? It is a functional error. The syntax is correct, the semantics is
correct but stats are unavailable for one reason or another. You can't
say that this is syntax error but you want to be able to treat it as a
normal
and correct request with faulty results. These kind of glitches are
unpredictable
and the ABNF allows these glitches to be accommodated. This scenario
could
apply to other descriptors when audit is being utilized. Hence, you would
need
to allow multiplicity of  errorDescriptor within auditRequest.

Abdallah Rayhan

"Sanjay Kr. Gupta" wrote:

> Hi Brian / John,
>
>     In ABNF of v13, Error Descriptor has been moved to the production
> terminationAudit, this would imply that there can be multiple
> ErrorDescriptors in each ammsReply/auditReply (in fact it has been
> mentioned in the comments also).
>
> When can multiple Error descriptors be sent in the reply to Add, Move,
> Modify, Subtract & Audit commands ?
>
> Regards,
> Sanjay Kr. Gupta
> Ficon Technology
> e-mail : mailto:[email-masked]
> web: http://www.ficon-tech.com

---

From: Harpreet Singh Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:39:14 +0530

Hello,

Mulitple error descriptors have been allowed in Add/ Move/ Modify / Subtract /
Audit reply. The rationale behind it being that if statistics are being audit
and that certain statistics are  not available (for whatever reason), then the
command should not fail (as it is syntactically and semantically correct) and
the MG should be able to send multiple error descriptors in the same command
reply.

However, error codes for such statistics related error (statistics not
available) are not given in the draft. The same should be added.

Regards,
Harpreet

_________________________________
Harpreet Singh Anand
Ficon Technology
E-mail :  mailto:[email-masked]
Web    :  http://www.ficon-tech.com

---

From: Abdallah Rayhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:47:20 -0500

We might need to add error code for "300 - descriptor xyz is not available for
audit"
where xyz is the descriptor token. This should cover all descriptors.
I am not sure if 300 is the proper code or not.

Abdallah Rayhan