Subject: Guidance from the Dalai Lama

From: Greg Ratta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:42:23 -0500

As we are finishing the ITU-T SG 16 meeting and observing the
recent activity moving forward ITU-T Recommendation H.248 /
Megaco, I found this gem attributed to be from the Dalai Lama.  I
hope you find it as enjoyable and relevant as I did.  My only regret
is that this did not pass my way two weeks ago.

I N S T R U C T I O N S  F O R  L I F E

1. Take into account that great love and great achievements
involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs:
        - Respect for self
        - Respect for others and
        - Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a
wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps
to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think
back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your
life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current
situation.  Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love
for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get
it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

Greg Ratta, Vice Chairman, ITU-T WP 1/11, Broadband Signalling
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +1 732 332 5174, Fax: +1 732 949 1196, [email-masked]

---

From: Mart Nurmet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:18:04 -0600

I am looking for information if there has been any work done to generate
a package to bill in MEGACO.  From my look at the available information
there does not seem to be any.  I am a new member on this distribution
list and do not have much history within this group.

Thank you,
-Mart