Subject: Last Call

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:11:38 -0600

If Last Call is to have anything meaning at all, it must be conducted during
the present SG 16 meeting.

Nancy is about to put MegacoH248v15 on the site.  I invite Last Call
comments based on this version of the document.  We can recycle as necessary
to reflect decisions taken.

Sorry for not drawing the line in early December, when (in hindsight) we
might have done things more cleanly.

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- Emerging Carrier IP Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961

---

From: "Hascall \"Chip\" Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:16:25 -0500

I believe you are correct.  WG last call MUST happen now if IETF is going
is going to contribute to the process.  This would allow a theoretical
last call after this meeting for IESG that would allow alignment with an
ITU white contribution in March (if it isn't approved in this SG16
meeting).

However, WG last call needs to be made against an official I-D.

Chip

-------------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                      voice: +1 (919) 472-3121
Consulting Engineer             email:  [email-masked]
Cisco Systems                   http://www.cisco.com/
---------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:09:38 +0100

G'Day Tom, et all,

I support last call. I think that we come a long way with H.248 and now
is the time to place a stake in the ground so that people have a mature
static target to implement against. New functionality we can take in
CS2.

Cheers, Christian