Subject: When will the formal standard come out?

From: Charles Qiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:13:13 -0700

Hi, list

When will the formal standard come out?
Will it come out in June?

Thanks.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 07:26:42 -0500

My morning's mail included your note and two others which are relevant.
First: the formal ITU-T approval of H.248 was completed in Geneva earlier
today.  It takes a few months for them to publish a standard formally
(similar to our RFC editor's queue, in which our requirements document
languished for two months), but in the meantime I will ensure that the
document that was actually decided is posted on the Megaco FTP site.
Secondly and purely by coincidence, draft-ietf-megaco-merged-01.txt was
announced this morning.  This actually got lost in the system for a couple
of weeks.  This is our counterpart to the ITU-T document.

The IESG approved the combination of -protocol-08 and -errata-03 for
publication as Proposed Standard RFCs.  As I understand it, to get approval
for the merged document, I have to take it through the full process all over
again.  I will announce Last Call in a separate message.  I really don't
know what we do with any comments received, other than to get ITU-T
agreement to include them in the H.248 Implementor's Guide.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Charles Qiu [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 2:13 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      When will the formal standard come out?
>
> Hi, list
>