Subject: One-to-one correspondance between text and binary for remote/loca l descriptor

From: Naren Tulpule <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:49:20 -0700

Hi list,
  I'd like to know if eventually (when ATM SDP is defined etc) there SHALL
be a one-to-one correspondance between (a revised) annex C and SDP. It
largely exists now in Megaco/H.248 for annex A and annex B. (As a sidebar,
as someone from Hughes pointed out; we COULD have had things better - to
enforce the at-most-once restriction in syntax itself. e.g.

Megaco ABNF:
contextAudit = contextAuditToken LBRKT contextAuditProperties *(COMMA
contextAuditProperties) RBRKT
; at-most-once
contextAuditProperties = (TopologyToken / EmergencyToken / PriorityToken)

This could have been, for example:
contextAudit =  contextAuditToken LBRKT [TopologyToken] [EmergencyToken]
[PriorityToken] RBRKT

The "price" we would have paid would be to have a fixed order among the
three choices. )

Still, is the same thing true for annex C properties? I.e. will sub-fields
within attributes which have to be all present (or "-") together in SDP will
be grouped in a sub-sequence in binary encoding? E.g. for ATM traffic
descriptor?

-- Naren.
Narendra C. Tulpule
SMTS, Trillium Digital Systems Inc
12100 Wilshire Bl #1800 LA CA 90025
Ph:  +1-310-442-9222
Fax: +1-310-442-1162