Subject: ordering of commands

From: Sameer Kaikini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:00:31 -0500

Hello.

In section 9.1 of the MEGACO draft we say that the Subtract command can be sent anytime. What happens if the Subtract command  is executed bu the MG before the Add command on the samewas executed?
Does the MG return errorcode 400 : "Bad Request"?
What does it do with the Add command executed later ?

Thank-you.
Regards,
Sameer.

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:52:37 -0400

It's actually pretty hard to get into this circumstance, as most scenarios
would not allow
the situation to occur.  It is possible under a scenario where you have a
pre-existing
context (so you know the ContextId), and you add and subtract a physical
termination (so you
know the terminationId), and the MG actually does execute the Subtract
before the Add.

You would get some error, which one is not clear.  400 is a possibility.
So is 410 Incorrect Identifier, or 430 Unknown TerminationId.  Some day, we
might make
a new one for this case.

The subsequent Add would succeed.

Brian

 -----Original Message-----
From: Sameer Kaikini [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 7:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ordering of commands

Hello.

In section 9.1 of the MEGACO draft we say that the Subtract command can be
sent anytime. What happens if the Subtract command  is executed bu the MG
before the Add command on the samewas executed?
Does the MG return errorcode 400 : "Bad Request"?
What does it do with the Add command executed later ?

Thank-you.
Regards,
Sameer.

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:53:27 -0500

The response to the Subtract would be 430: Unknown TerminationID for an
ephemeral termination.  I suppose 400: Bad Request would have to do for a
persistent termination which is in the null context already, but we really
should define an error code "TerminationID Not In Context", or more
generally "State Mismatch".

The Add would be executed normally.

> From: Sameer Kaikini [SMTP:[email-masked]]