Subject: Rechartering

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:37:02 -0500

At the Adelaide meeting, attendees favoured continuance of the Working Group
in order to ensure an IETF voice in the evolution of the Megaco/H.248
protocol.  Since we have accomplished all of our original charter except for
the MIBs, it is time to think about a new charter.  I would propose that
this charter contain the following elements:

(1) an introduction including a general definition of a Media Gateway and a
description of work accomplished so far

(2) a general description of the work to be carried out by the Working Group
over the next year
    -- identification of errors and clarifications required to the base
protocol
    -- review and standardization of additional packages
    -- completion of the Megaco/H.248 MIBs
    -- (suggested in Oslo) completion of a document giving the complete
picture of the MIBs required to manage a Media Gateway
    -- cooperation with MMUSIC on the detailed extensions to SDP required to
support IP transport of media
    -- review of proposed Megaco/H.248 profiles, upon request from other
bodies
    -- consideration of possible extensions to the base protocol
  all in cooperation with the ITU-T and other standards bodies and fora.

(3) a detailed listing of all work currently in hand.

Would the list care to comment on this proposal?  Do we agree to recharter,
and does (2) have the right list of work items?

Tom Taylor
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Mart Nurmet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:06:28 -0500

I would support Rechartering -

One action we might add, is to formulate a process of H.248 update submissions
to the ITU-T on a quarterly basis.

-Mart

>     -- consideration of possible extensions to the base protocol all in
> cooperation with the ITU-T and other standards bodies and fora.
>

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:36:06 +1000

G'Day Tom,

I think this covers the discussions that we had at the Adeliade meeting
earlier in the year.

Cheers, Christian