Subject: Termination ID in request

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:12:28 +0530

Hello,
     AmmRequest, Subtract Request, Notify Request should have one and
only one terminationID (which may be wildcarded) specified. Thus in ASN.1
notation,
these requests should not have TerminationIDList, but TerminationID.

Two Queries:

1. Based on what request would an audit reply be sent with
contextTerminationAudit?

2. In section 7.2.7, (Notify) it is mentioned that "The TerminationID shall be a
fully qualified name."
     Does this mean that TerminationID in NotifyRequest should not be
wildcarded?

                                              Regards,
                                              R. Ezhirpavai

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:31:08 +0200

R.,

Please see the note preceding the ASN.1 definition.  It reads "The ASN.1
specification below contains a clause defining TerminationIDList as a
sequence of TerminationIDs.  The length of this sequence SHALL be one,
except possibly when used in contextAuditResult."

1. In response to an Audit request with ContextID=* and
TerminationID=ROOT.
2. This sentence puzzles me.  If your interpretation is correct, then it
is not possible to instruct multiple terminations to listen for the same
set of events (ouch!).  Any other comments?

Cheers,

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954