Subject: Mode of Stream

From: Madhu Babu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:57:13 +0530

The mode parameter is appearing in Local control, local and remote descriptors.
Is it true that Mode parameter in local control descriptor defines the stream
mode
and  the mode specified in local and remote descriptors is redundant and not
used?

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:06:18 -0400

The mode parameter in LocalControl determines what media flows actually
occurr at a given moment within the MG.  The direction attribute in SDP is
used to coordinate with the far end.  I think I would agree with you that
the SDP attribute is redundant between the MG and MGC, since directionality
is clear as a result of the separation into Local and Remote.  Outward from
the MGC, however, the session description(s) derived from Local has to be
tagged with a=recvOnly, and similarly session descriptions derived from
Remote have to be tagged with a=sendOnly.  The only question is whether the
MG or MGC is responsible for adding these tags.  Since we haven't specified
that in Megaco/H.248 and the attribute is not required by RFC 2327, it is
the MGC's responsibility to make sure it is there.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Madhu Babu [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 3:27 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Mode of Stream
>