Subject: MGC-Initiated Control

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:44:34 -0500

There are cases where an MG will not be able to initiate a control session
(e.g. it has gone through its list of MGCs without success).  Can we agree
on principle that an MG that is not currently in a control session will
respond to an MGC-sent ServiceChange command directing it to initiate a
session at a given address?  If so, we could add this to the Implementor's
Guide and our IETF equivalent.

The exact text that would go into the Implementor's Guide would be as
follows:

        If an MG is not currently in a control association with an MGC and
it receives a ServiceChange command from an authorized source with
ServiceChangeMethod equal to Handoff, it will attempt to initiate a control
association as directed by that command.  To make this possible, an MG not
currently in a control session shall listen for incoming commands at the
default transport address corresponding to its supported transport and
encoding (e.g. UDP port 2944 for text-encoded UDP/ALF).

Tom Taylor
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:13:15 -0700

Sounds reasonable.

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen                Phone: +1 732 452 1667
Cisco Systems                     Fax:   +1 240 359 5839