Subject: Scope for change in Signal Type.

From: Madhu Babu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:50:19 +0530

Brian, list

A query regarding the scope for change in signal type.
If the signal type is specified in a SignalsDescriptor, it overrides the default
signal type.
1) Is this change confined for the given termination OR global for all
terminations.
2) Is this change intended only for duration of the call OR for permanent
modification?.
Regards,

-Madhubabu

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:47:37 +0200

Madhu,

The intention is that the scope of the override is local, that is it
only overrides the current invocation of the signal.  Even if the signal
is re-applied some time later in the same call without an explicit
signal type, the default type is used.

Cheers,

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954