Subject: Can we identify calls from messages ?

From: Jean Christopher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:30:38 +0800

Hello, list

Can we identify  calls from  messages?
For example , just by 2 messages, can we judge if they are from
the same call or not?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------
��֧���й���������չ���μ��й���������Ϣ���ģ�CNNIC��������
��������ѡ������վͶƱȨ��Ͷ��������Ӱ���й���վ������һƱ��
ͶƱ��ַ��http://fsurvey.cnnic.net.cn/survey/index.html

http://www.163.net ÿ�춼��Ϊ������ĵ����ʾ�
---------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Sameer Kaikini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:21:25 -0500

A MEGACO meassage may have commands for different calls. But  Commands in
the same action will be for the same call. Actions with the same Context Id
in two different messages will be for the same call.
There wiil be one context per call.

regards,
Sameer
-----Original Message-----
From: Jean Christopher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 9:32 AM
Subject: Can we identify calls from messages ?

>ÇëÖ§³ÖÖÐ¹ú»¥ÁªÍø·¢Õ¹£¬²Î¼ÓÖÐ¹ú»¥ÁªÍøÐÅÏ¢ÖÐÐÄ£¨CNNIC£©µ÷²é»î¶¯£¬
>²¢ÉêÇëÆÀÑ¡ÓÅÐãÍøÕ¾Í¶Æ±È¨£¬Í¶³öÄã×îÄÜÓ°ÏìÖÐ¹úÍøÕ¾ÅÅÃûµÄÒ»Æ±¡£
>Í¶Æ±ÍøÖ·£ºhttp://fsurvey.cnnic.net.cn/survey/index.html
>
>http://www.163.net Ã¿Ìì¶¼ÔÚÎªÄú·þÎñµÄµç×ÓÓÊ¾Ö

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:52:25 -0500

There is no necessary connection between Megaco messages and calls.  One
Megaco message could contain multiple transactions.  The one thing you can
be fairly sure of is that actions related to the same context are related to
the same conference, but Megaco/H.248 has no call identifier as such.

> From: Jean Christopher [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 10:31 AM

---

From: Al Varney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 14:01:48 -0500

At 13:52 06/06/2000 -0500, Tom-PT Taylor wrote:

There
is no necessary connection between Megaco messages and calls.  One
Megaco message could contain multiple transactions.  The one thing
you can be fairly sure of is that actions related to the same context are
related to the same conference, but Megaco/H.248 has no call identifier
as such.

In the spirit of keeping protocols "open" (to new
applications), I think is useful to decouple the concept of "a
call" (something only an MGC can determine/distinguish) and
connections (something H.248 MGs do).  If I use Megaco messages to
intermix music, barge-in requests and announcements of blue-light
specials over an H.248-based public address system at K-Mart, where are
the "calls"?

More seriously, many actions requested of an MG could be
done outside the bounds of any "call".  Maintenance
requests, loop-back, connections for testing, release of resources due to
audit, etc. might not involve a "call".  Even where calls
exist, I could easily find examples (in today's network) where a single
Context serves several calls, and a single call involves multiple
Contexts (to permit the needed control of who hears what and when).

On the other hand, it might be useful for MGCs to hand MGs a
"reference value" to be associated with a termination.
This would allow an MGC to request removal of all terminations associated
with a particular "reference value".  If the reference
value happened to be a call-identifier, then some "call
association" would result.  Worth doing -- probably not.

If, on the other hand, you want to monitor an H.248
interface and collect messages associated with a particular TDM interface
or a particular call, that's going to be tough.

Al Varney - Lucent Technologies  +1 630 224-7493
[email-masked]