Subject: Order of descriptor processing.

From: Madhu Babu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:31:57 +0530

HI all,

"The descriptors SHALL be processed in the order in which they appear".
Is this true for descriptors present as part of Media descriptor?
For example, is the order important for local, remote and Local control
descriptors that appear inside stream descriptor?

-Madhubabu

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:54:07 +0530

If these descriptors too need to be processed, based on the order as
  relevant in that scenario, then how will this be sent in ASN.1 notation.
  In ASN.1 notation, the order of these descriptors is predefined. Also
 in ASN.1 notation, localControlDescritor occurs the first in the sequence
(implying that it would be processed first)!!!

                                         Regards,
                                         R. Ezhirpavai

Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]> on 22/06/2000 18:28:27

Please respond to Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: R Ezhirpavai/HSS)

Subject:  Re: Order of descriptor processing.

Yes, order is definitely important for these descriptors.  Setting an active
Mode when the media stream is inadequately defined can lead to an error
condition.  Hence it is probably a good idea to put (and process)
LocalControl last.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Madhu Babu [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 4:02 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Order of descriptor processing.
>
> HI all,
>