Subject: How many TCP and UDP connections can be established?

From: Jean Christopher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:15:29 +0800

Hello , the list.

 Can we establish more than one TCP connection between
   MGC and MG for  transporting messages?
   (maybe one connection is not enough)
   and the same question for UDP connection.

 If we can , is there is max limit of connections?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------
��֧���й���������չ���μ��й���������Ϣ���ģ�CNNIC��������
��������ѡ������վͶƱȨ��Ͷ��������Ӱ���й���վ������һƱ��
ͶƱ��ַ��http://fsurvey.cnnic.net.cn/survey/index.html

http://www.163.net ÿ�춼��Ϊ������ĵ����ʾ�
---------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:34:36 -0400

>    and the same question for UDP connection.

I don't know of anything in the spec that forbids the use of multiple TCP 
connections between MGC and MG.  However, I'm not an expert on the startup 
procedures and there may be a tie-in in there somewhere.

There is no connection in UDP, so there is no inherent limit. :-)
If what you mean is you want to run H.248/megaco over multiple port 
numbers, then I have the same answer as for TCP (above).  I don't see any 
advantages of running megaco over multiple UDP ports.

>  If we can , is there is max limit of connections?

I assume it would be the number of connections supported by your 
implementation.  That would be implementation-specific.  Note that if you 
use TCP, the MGC will have to support as many TCP connections as there are 
MGs (potentially).  If you have N TCP connections per MG, then you will 
have to find a MGC that supports N times the number of MGs TCP connections.

Chip

>ÇëÖ§³ÖÖÐ¹ú»¥ÁªÍø·¢Õ¹£¬²Î¼ÓÖÐ¹ú»¥ÁªÍøÐÅÏ¢ÖÐÐÄ£¨CNNIC£©µ÷²é»î¶¯£¬
>²¢ÉêÇëÆÀÑ¡ÓÅÐãÍøÕ¾Í¶Æ±È¨£¬Í¶³öÄã×îÄÜÓ°ÏìÖÐ¹úÍøÕ¾ÅÅÃûµÄÒ»Æ±¡£
>Í¶Æ±ÍøÖ·£ºhttp://fsurvey.cnnic.net.cn/survey/index.html
>
>http://www.163.net Ã¿Ìì¶¼ÔÚÎªÄú·þÎñµÄµç×ÓÓÊ¾Ö

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 CTO Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems
Reality - Love it or Leave it.	
http://www.netaid.org   	
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Naoki Takaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:16:42 +0900

Hi all,

Which is better to use TCP or UDP between MGC and MG
for transporting messages?

--
Naoki TAKAYA