Subject: MEGACO: DigitMap - some questions

From: Nurit Shenhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:58:54 +0200

Hi list

While implementing the digit map, I read again and again section 7.1.14.5
(DigitMap Procedures) and I have the following questions:

1. In which case to we send a completion event with no match? It seems that
the only possibilities are full match and partial match.

2. In small section 4 in this section, there is a discussion about the 'Z'
option. If I understand correctly, only those alternatives that has 'Z' and
matched the incoming event will stay as candidates, why then it says:
'If alternative event sequences not specifying a long duration event in the
given
position remain in the candidate set after application of the
above rules, the observed event duration is treated as irrelevant in
assessing matches to them'.
?

3. And general question: Does the 'Z' means that when the event is finished
we check it's length, or it means that the alternative can be satisfies
during the event if it is long enough?

Best regards

Nurit Shenhar
AudioCodes Ltd.
Direct: +972-3-539-4155
Tel:     +972-3-539-4000
Fax:    +972-3-539-4040
email:  [email-masked]

web:    <http://www.audiocodes.com>