Subject: ServiceChange - Failover

From: Chanchal Hassija <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:47:47 +0530

Hello All,

      The scenario is one MGC and two MGs...one active and one standby. On
      faliure of active MG, standby MG is taking over.

      It is the responsibility of which MG to send the ServiceChange (failover
      method and MG impending failure as the reason). As per 11.4 section in the
      protocol document, it appears that it is the responsibilityof the active
      MG(MG which is going down). But if Active MG is not capable of sending a
      message to MGC, how shall MGC come to know that the standby MG is now
      active MG.

      Is it not better that the MG which gets active after switchover sends the
      ServiceChange ?

Thanks for your time

Chan...

---

From: "Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B901:EXCH]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:51:16 -0500

If the active MG can send out a ServiceChange message, it should do so.
This makes the MGC aware that the MG is being replaced.  The standby MG has
to initiate the new control association in any event, so it will (also)
issue a ServiceChange.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chanchal Hassija [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 3:18 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MEGACO] ServiceChange - Failover
>
>
> Hello All,
>
>
>

---

From: Siddhartha Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:29:34 +0530

Hi Tom,
If standby MG has to issue a ServiceChange then what will be the
ServiceChangeMethod ? How MGC will now that this MG has taken over the failed MG
and how it will synchronize its state (if primary MG is not capable of sending
the ServiceChange)?

Is standby MG has to issue the ServiceChange with Disconnected as
ServiceChangeMethod, to inform the MGC to re-synchronize its state.

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

"Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B901:EXCH]" <[email-masked]> on 12/08/2000
10:21:16 PM

Please respond to "Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B901:EXCH]" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Siddharth Sharma/HSS)

Subject:  Re: ServiceChange - Failover