Subject: Error in example ? Add command response issue

From: Dan Elbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 11:35:39 -0500

Hi
The spec specifies the behavior of the MG when reserving resources for a
media stream as:

  "If the value of a Reserve property is False, the MG SHALL choose one
   of the alternatives specified in the local descriptor (if present)
   and one of the alternatives specified in the remote descriptor (if
   present)...
   Finally, the MG shall send a reply to the MGC
   containing the alternatives for the local and/or remote descriptor that
it selected"

In the example given at the end of the spec, (pg.171-172, transaction 50003)
an ephemeral termination is created with both a Local and a Remote
descriptor, but only the Local descriptor is included in the Add response.
This may be trivial because there is only one option in the Remote
descriptor, but it doesn't seems to agree with the quote above. Is this an
error, or do we need some clarification in the spec? I think that in the
interop everybody followed the example and didn't returned the Remote
descriptor.

Thanks
Dan Elbert
RADVISION