Subject: Re: DEVELOPMENT OF CALL BEARER CONTROL PROTOCOL Q.CBC, B ASED ON H.248

From: "Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B901:EXCH]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:20:22 -0500

Thanks for letting us know.  Would you like this added to the Megaco meeting
agenda for discussion?  I can present if you're not available (Christian
won't be there, he told me).

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Ratta [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 12:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEGACO] DEVELOPMENT OF CALL BEARER CONTROL PROTOCOL Q.CBC, BASED
ON H.248

This message represents a communication to the IETF MEGACO WG that was
approved by ITU-T SG 11 at its December 6, 2000 meeting.

With this communication statement, we would like to inform you on the
development by Study Group 11 of the Call Bearer Control protocol, Q.1950.
Should you like to review the current draft, please send an email request
for the Acrobat PDF version of 'TD PL/11-90' to Christian Groves { HYPERLINK
mailto:[email-masked]) }([email-masked]), who
is active in your IETF WG. This activity is now approaching its completion.

The Call Bearer Control protocol specifies a 'vertical' interface between a
Call Control entity and a Bearer Control entity. This enables the offering
of a full set of telephony (BICC) services, independent of the underlying
transport network.

The Call Bearer Control protocol has been based on the SG16 protocol H.248.
It uses the H.248 format, H.248 descriptors, H.248 encoding, H.248 defined
packages, etcetera. Seven new H.248 packages have been defined.

Greg Ratta, Vice Chairman, ITU-T SG 11, Signalling requirements and
protocols

Lucent Technologies Tel: +1 732 332 5174, Fax: +1 732 949 1196,
[email-masked]

---

From: "Brown, Michael [NC1:3T65:EXCH]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 15:18:56 -0500

I was at the SG11 meeting this last week and feel that this should definitely be
on the agenda for discussion. I would strongly encourage people to obtain a copy
of the referenced TD.

Michael Brown