Subject: Virtual MG's and mId's

From: Lisa Amberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:54:59 -0500

We have the following questions concerning MGs and mIds:

1)       Does each virtual MG, potentially located on the same physical MG,
have its own unique mId?
2)       What is a "network interface" as referred to on page 70 of RFC
3015? Is it simply an IP address or
IP and port together?
3)       Can a single mId simultaneously support both a UDP connection and a
TCP connection?

Lisa Amberger

---

From: "Kaul, Bharat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:51:23 -0800

Please see my comments below.
-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Amberger [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 10:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Virtual MG's and mId's

[Bharat Kaul]

Each virtual MG has a unique MID which remains consistent in all messages.
This is true for the lifetime of the control association with the MGC

[Bharat Kaul]
The reference is to IP address there.

[Bharat Kaul]

The answer is yes as an MGC is required to support both transports. An MG
uses only one transport at one point of time and hence for MG, its MID can
use only one transport.

- Bharat