Subject: ServiceChange corrections in Implementers Guide

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:02:37 -0600

Hi Christian

I don't know if this was pointed out already.
I am looking at H248_Implementors_guide_approved.zip.

The change for Section 6.3  Cold Start has the following:
"If the MGC accepts the MG, it will send a Transaction Reply, with the
ServiceChangeMgcId
set to itself."

The change for Section 11.2 Cold Start has the following:
"If the MGC accepts the MG's resignation, it sends a Transaction Reply
not including a
ServiceChangeMgcId parameter."

This 2 statements contradict each other.
I think originally it was always "not" including a ServiceChangeMgcId
parameter.

Also additional words might be added to clearly stated that
"If the MG receives a Transaction Reply that includes a
ServiceChangeMgcId parameter, it sends
a ServiceChange w/a method of Restart to the MGC specified in the
ServiceChangeMgcId."

Otherwise someone might get confused and use ServiceChange w/a method of
handoff.

Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****