Subject: Re: Context Properties

From: "Andrew Russell-laing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:29:09 +0100

Hi,

RFC3015, defines rules for handling descriptors if they are specified, not
specified, previously specified etc.

However there are two context properties  (Priority and Emergency) which do not
fall within the definition of a
descriptor. The protocol does not appear to define the rules for the absence of
these properties when applied
to subsequent actions against an existing context.

My assumption is that if a Context is set up with the Priority  and/or Emergency
properties specified, then any
subsequent transactions against that context, where these properties are not
specified, will result in the previous
values of these properties applying.

Can you confirm this.

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:15:22 -0400

HI Russell,All,
IMHO these properties takes their values as long as the context exits.
Because the Emergency token enables preserve a connection and provide
preference handling. This  preference is not just message processing
preference but more than that. The Priority token enables the MG to clear
low priority calls in case of resource crunch, and this can be done only if
the priority is valid as long as the context persist. Of course there is no
statement of this in the protocol and hence only my personal view. Comments
from others???

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Andrew
Russell-laing
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 6:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kevin Napper
Subject: Re: Context Properties

Hi,

However there are two context properties  (Priority and Emergency) which do
not
fall within the definition of a
descriptor. The protocol does not appear to define the rules for the absence
of
these properties when applied
to subsequent actions against an existing context.

My assumption is that if a Context is set up with the Priority  and/or
Emergency

Can you confirm this.