Subject: [Megaco] Error in H.248 section 7.2.8

From: "David Barr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:18:01 +0100

Here's one for the next H.248 Implementation Guide.

The following is from H.248 section 7.2.8:
"The Media Gateway Controller may return an ServiceChangeMgcId parameter
that describes the Media Gateway Controller that should preferably be
contacted for further service by the Media Gateway. In this case the Media
Gateway shall reissue the ServiceChange command to the new Media Gateway
Controller. The **Gateway** specified in an ServiceChangeMgcId, if provided,
shall be contacted before any further alternate MGCs. On a HandOff message
from MGC to MG, the ServiceChangeMgcId is the new MGC that will take over
from the current MGC."

Now, I think the word **Gateway** should really say MGC.

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:08:39 -0400

"Gateway" used here is indeed wrong and confusing.  I will include the
change.

David Barr wrote:

> "The Media Gateway Controller may return an ServiceChangeMgcId
> parameter that describes the Media Gateway Controller that should
> preferably be contacted for further service by the Media Gateway. In
> this case the Media Gateway shall reissue the ServiceChange command to
> the new Media Gateway Controller. The **Gateway** specified in an
> ServiceChangeMgcId, if provided, shall be contacted before any further
> alternate MGCs. On a HandOff message from MGC to MG, the
> ServiceChangeMgcId is the new MGC that will take over from the current
> MGC."
>

--
Waiting for the other shoe to drop but hoping its a one legged man.
------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla