Subject: [Megaco] call scenario for two termination on the same gateway

From: "IPEK SARAC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:26:29 +0300

Hello,

All the call scenarios in the "megaco call scenarios draft" take the case
where all the users that will be involved in the call are connected to
different gateways, then for every user a physical termination and an
ephemeral termination for astablishing an RTP media stream is required.
Whatif more than one of the users are connected to the same gateway ? Then
can we add the two of them as "physical termination" to the same context and
can we connect them to other users (in a conference call) via just one
ephemeral termination. If just two users are involved in the call and if
they are connected to the same gateway do we still need an ephemeral
termination for connecting them? How do we associate them with one another?

Thanks in advance
Regards.

Ipek Sarac

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:28:37 -0400

HI Ipek,
If the called party and the calling party resides on the same gateway, there
is no need to create Ephemeral terminations at all. This is normally called
"hairpin" connection. The two physical terminations can be added in a single
context. If a new user is added in the call, you can add a single ephemeral
termination. (note that mixing has to be supported by the MG). The
association between the three users can be done by making use of Topology
descriptor.

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of IPEK
SARAC
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 8:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] call scenario for two termination on the same gateway

Hello,

Thanks in advance
Regards.

Ipek Sarac