Subject: [Megaco] Some minor errors within the Implementors' Guide

From: "David Barr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:00:33 +0100

I believe the following are (minor) errors within the Implementor's Guide
from ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0105_Por/PL-015_H248_imp_guide.zip 

(My apologies if they've been spotted before ...)

 IG 6.27. The changes to 7.1.11 lists the paragraph with corrections
followed by another copy of the same paragraph.  Unfortunately they say
slightly different things.  I believe the 2nd paragraph to be the correct
one.

 IG 6.66.  In the correction of the ABNF, there is the definition of mID
with a change bar next to it implying that a change was made.  However, this
is the same definition as in the original H.248 spec.  Was something meant
to be changed here?

 IG 6.69.  Missing space after 0xffff . 

 IG 6.75.  The ABNF change in 6.75 clashes with 6.50.  The ABNF changes
within 6.50 can be ignored in my opinion.

 IG 11.3.  The command "Audit" does not exist.  Should it be
"AuditCapability" ?

Regards,
David Barr
Nortel Networks

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:03:06 -0400

Thanks for the corrections.  See comments below.

David Barr wrote:

> I believe the following are (minor) errors within the Implementor's
> Guide from
> ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0105_Por/PL-015_H248_imp_guide.zip
>
> followed by another copy of the same paragraph.  Unfortunately they
> say slightly different things.  I believe the 2nd paragraph to be the
> correct one.

The second paragraph is the first with changes accepted (no change
marks) except for "with type timout".  This paragraph will be removed.

>  IG 6.66.  In the correction of the ABNF, there is the definition of
> mID with a change bar next to it implying that a change was made.
> However, this is the same definition as in the original H.248 spec.
> Was something meant to be changed here?

no, I think that it is just shown here for reference but not changed.
The change bar is spurious.  I will remove.

>  IG 6.69.  Missing space after 0xffff .

fixed.

>  IG 6.75.  The ABNF change in 6.75 clashes with 6.50.  The ABNF
> changes within 6.50 can be ignored in my opinion.

No the "may" of 6.50 is needed to indicate that it is allowed that it
contain neither (that is, a TerminationStateDescriptor only).  But the
change in 6.75 should show as against the version modified in 6.50.  I
will fix.

>  IG 11.3.  The command "Audit" does not exist.  Should it be

It should be AuditValue.  AuditCapabilities does not permit auditing
packages (see 7.2.6).  I will fix.

--
Waiting for the other shoe to drop but hoping its a one legged man.
------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla