Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-boyle-megaco-alerting-02.txt]

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:07:37 +1000

G'Day,

Some comments on the draft:

3.3 SignalIDs: ri, cw
Type: Why not use an integer? the values are 1 to 10
Possible Values: There should be more than 10 values. If you leave the
field as integer you do not have this limitation. Some markets may
require more than 10, some may require less.

4.3 SignalIDs: dwa, data, 
Display data block
Possible Values: I'm not really sure of the encoding. Is the original
data encoded in a hex format? The hex format is then carried in both the
text and binary versions of the protocol. Or is the original data in
binary format then encoded in a hex format for the text version of the
protocol and carried as is for the binary encoding.
Pattern: There should be more than 10 values. If you leave the field as
integer you do not have this limitation. Some markets may require more
than 10, some may require less.

5. Procedures
With regards to the example is it possible to add how you arrived at the
HEX encoding based on the text about the caller you provided? A
reference to the appropriate document [4?] and section would do. 

"The binary encoding of the data blocks is the hex data they represent."
This is a little ambiguous. Is the binary encoding of the string used to
represent the data block the binary representation of the hex data?
or
is the binary encoding of the string used to represent the data block is
a string containing characters representing the hex data?

Attached are marked up comments to the 01 draft that I made earlier many
of which I believe are still relevant.

Regards, Christian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-boyle-megaco-alerting-02.txt
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:50:23 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Enhanced Alerting Packages for Megaco/H.248
	Author(s)	: K. Boyle, C. Brown et al.
	Filename	: draft-boyle-megaco-alerting-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 16-Jul-01
	
This document provides proposed definitions for several supplemental 
packages for Megaco/H.248 [2][3]. These packages define alternative 
signalling for ringing, add the capability for distinctive call 
waiting tones, and address support of functionality for enhanced 
telephony services, such as CLASS signaling services [4] and ETSI 
defined display services [5] [6] [7].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boyle-megaco-alerting-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-boyle-megaco-alerting-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-boyle-megaco-alerting-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.