Subject: RE: [RE: What is the Tone???]

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:16:01 -0400

Kevin's point is that your question is incomplete.  You should specify which
country the equipment is operating in -- otherwise it is impossible to give
a definitive answer.

-----Original Message-----
From: gigyasu balak [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 5:09 PM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z30:EXCH]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [RE: What is the Tone???]

Thank you every one for the response. Even though this not the place to put
this query, but hope some one will help me out. What is the tone to be
played
to the calling party, when the called party go through the phase of suspend
and resume??? 
thanks
Balaka

"Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --------------------------------------------- 
>	Attachment:  
>	MIME Type: multipart/alternative 
> --------------------------------------------- 
Once again, I reiterate -- different parts of the world do different things.
Research into the appropriate requirements for the portion of the world
which you are trying to support will provide the information needed.  Call
processing behavior is outside the scope of the protocol, and this working
group.  Making definitive statements as to what behavior should be will only
confuse people.

Kevin

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Friday, July 06, 2001 1:00 PM
To:	Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z30:EXCH]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Cc:	[email-masked]
Subject:	RE: What is the Tone???

Hi,

    The switch initially stops the loop current for about 800ms and then
switches it on again (sounds like click). This is repeated a couple of
times. If the user still doesn't hang up, the tone/announcement played
depends upon the treatment configured within the switch. It could
potentially be dial tone/ busy tone/ announcement. this is followed by
permanent signal tone.

Hemant

Madhu Babu Brahmanapally wrote:

     HI Balaka,
     This depends on the Call control. Some MGC (Intelligent) may provide
dial tone 
  immediately indicating that the user can initiate another call. Another
possibility is to 
  generate busy tone/reorder tone indicating that there is no transmission
path with the 
  other end.  Hope there might be some specific tone for this too, at least
iam not 
  aware of that.

     Regards
     Madhubabu

       -----Original Message-----
       From: [email-masked] 
       [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Kevin 
       Boyle
       Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 11:25 AM
       To: gigyasu balak; [email-masked]
       Subject: RE: What is the Tone???

       That is very much dependent on where the party that remains off-hook 
       happens to be.  As such, that information is outside the scope of the

       protocol.  A scan of the requirements that apply to the region in
question 
       should answer your question.

       Kevin

        -----Original Message-----
       From:   gigyasu balak [mailto:[email-masked]] 
       Sent:   Friday, July 06, 2001 11:15 AM
       To:     [email-masked]
       Subject:        What is the Tone???

       Hi
       what is the tone that will be played to the called party (calling
party) when
       calling party(Called party) goes onhook. 

       Balaka.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:00:51 +1000

I'd like to agree with Kevin. This question doesn't have anything to do
with Megaco/H.248. To find out the correct tone contact the regulator
(or your customer ie. a telco) in the country you'd like the tone to be
played and they will be able to provide you with the service interaction
specifications as well as the requirements for the physical
characteristics of the tone.

Cheers, Christian

Tom-PT Taylor wrote:
> 
> Kevin's point is that your question is incomplete.  You should specify
> which country the equipment is operating in -- otherwise it is
> impossible to give a definitive answer.
>