Subject: [Megaco] Timestamp question

From: "Randy Younts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:51:04 -0400

A question that was asked of me:

It is possible that the date/time of the MG may be changed during its
operation, i.e. while it is processing calls.  This may be done either:

(A) Manually.  I.e. the sysadmin changes it via the provisioning
interface.
(B) Automatically.  E.g. convert from summer-time back to normal time,
or vice-versa.

It is possible that this change would occur AFTER the initial timestamp
has been sent to the MGC during registration.

What should the MG do?:
(1) Ignore the new date/time for the current control association, and
continue to send ObservedEvent timestamps relative to the timestamp it
initially sent upon registration.  However, the new date/time will be
used for new control associations subsequently created.

OR (2) Somehow tell the MGC that the MG's date/time has changed.  How
can this be done without restarting the control association? (i.e.
ServiceChange with method "restart")

OR (3) Something else?

--
   Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
   I took the one less traveled by,
   And that has made all the difference.
                         -Robert Frost
---------------------------------------------

W. Randy Younts      GWC Protocols
NORTEL NETWORKS      Dept. 3Z90
35 Davis Dr.         Voice: (919) 991-2014
RTP, NC  27709       ESN: 351-2014

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco