Subject: RE: UDP/TCP Default ports.

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:50:03 -0400

There should be no problem binding the same listening port for UDP and TCP.
It's up to your operating system to let you distinguish between transport
protocols (e.g. by using SOCK_DGRAM or SOCK_STREAM in your socket() call).

-----Original Message-----
From: suryapratap vamsi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 4:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: UDP/TCP Default ports.

Hello All,
section 9.Transport says
"If TCP or UDP is used as the protocol transport and the port to which 
   the initial ServiceChange request is to be sent is not otherwise 
   known, that request should be sent to the default port number for the 
   protocol.  This port number is 2944 for text-encoded operation or 
   2945 for binary-encoded operation, for either UDP or TCP."

Since the protocol says MGC should support both UDP and TCP, how does MGC
binds for the same port for both TCP as well UDP transport ?. This is a pure
provisional/configuration issue or Is there a otherway to deal with this
problem ?
Please clarify this .

Surya

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1