Subject: RE: H248 Annex M Status

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:27:55 -0400

I am the editor of this Annex.  BTW, SG 16 has decided to pre-empt the
possibility of running out of letters for annexes.  From here on in,
packages are designated "Annex M.x".  The Annex we are talking about has
therefore been renamed Annex M.1.

There are a few open issues with this annex.  Taken on its own terms: there
is a syntax problem which I believe was the subject of a later note, which
I'll get to -- still catching up from my vacation.  There are a few other
minor problems.  I also believe the basic package should be broken down
further, so play, playcol, and playrec are in separate packages.  This is
subject to discussion.  More intractably, objections have been raised about
mismatches between the package and existing IN interfaces.  The problem here
is that the original authors weren't really interested in matching the IN,
just in providing a powerful interface.  They consider the IN stuff to add
unnecessary complications.  I'm not sure how to resolve this.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 6:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: H248 Annex M Status

Hi ,
Can anybody tell what is the status of H248 Annex M draft version. Is it
still
valid?
Are there any chances of it getting approved?

Thanks
Sarika