Subject: RE: Turning off NotifyCompletion

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:30:17 -0400

Sorry, we defined it this way because we figured the MGC needed to know if
there was a signalling failure.  I'll admit that we were probably not really
thinking of multiple simultaneously active signals at the time.  Do you have
a concrete case where you need this sort of selectivity?

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry L Anderson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 10:48 AM
To: Megaco Mailing List
Subject: Turning off NotifyCompletion

If I read 7.1.11 paragraph 3 correctly, omitting NotifyCompletion while
g/sc is active results in notifies for OtherReason but not the other
three, that is, omitting it is equivalent to
    NotifyCompletion{OtherReason}
as though it was a default.

I assume that NotifyCompletion{TimeOut} turn off notify for
OtherReason.  But I see no way to indicate NO notifies, not even for
OtherReason.  The list cannot be empty, that is, NotifyCompletion{} is
not allowed.  One can, of course, cancel g/sc but that turns off
notifies for all signals.  It seems there should be a way to turn off
all notifies for a specific signal.  Why was OtherReason made a default
with no way to turn it off without turning on one other?

--
------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla