Subject: What is the Tone???

From: gigyasu balak <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Jul 2001 09:14:47 MDT

Hi
what is the tone that will be played to the called party (calling party) when
calling party(Called party) goes onhook. 

Balaka.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:53:35 +0530

reoder tone

gigyasu balak <[email-masked]> on 07/06/2001 08:44:47 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: R Ezhirpavai/HSS)

Subject:  What is the Tone???

Hi

Balaka.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 22:29:41 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

    The switch initially stops the loop current for about 800ms and then switches it on again (sounds like click). This is repeated a couple of times. If the user still doesn't hang up, the tone/announcement played depends upon the treatment configured within the switch. It could potentially be dial tone/ busy tone/ announcement. this is followed by permanent signal tone.

Hemant

Madhu Babu Brahmanapally wrote:

     HI Balaka,
     This depends on the Call control. Some MGC (Intelligent) may provide dial tone 
  immediately indicating that the user can initiate another call. Another possibility is to 
  generate busy tone/reorder tone indicating that there is no transmission path with the 
  other end.  Hope there might be some specific tone for this too, at least iam not 
  aware of that.

     Regards
     Madhubabu

       -----Original Message-----
       From: [email-masked] 
       [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Kevin 
       Boyle
       Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 11:25 AM
       To: gigyasu balak; [email-masked]
       Subject: RE: What is the Tone???

       That is very much dependent on where the party that remains off-hook 
       happens to be.  As such, that information is outside the scope of the 
       protocol.  A scan of the requirements that apply to the region in question 
       should answer your question.

       Kevin

        -----Original Message-----
       From:   gigyasu balak [mailto:[email-masked]] 
       Sent:   Friday, July 06, 2001 11:15 AM
       To:     [email-masked]
       Subject:        What is the Tone???

       Hi

       Balaka.

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:16:04 -0400

Once again, I reiterate -- different parts of the world do different things.
Research into the appropriate requirements for the portion of the world
which you are trying to support will provide the information needed.  Call
processing behavior is outside the scope of the protocol, and this working
group.  Making definitive statements as to what behavior should be will only
confuse people.

Kevin

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Friday, July 06, 2001 1:00 PM
To:	Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z30:EXCH]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Cc:	[email-masked]

Hi,

    The switch initially stops the loop current for about 800ms and then
switches it on again (sounds like click). This is repeated a couple of
times. If the user still doesn't hang up, the tone/announcement played
depends upon the treatment configured within the switch. It could
potentially be dial tone/ busy tone/ announcement. this is followed by
permanent signal tone.

Hemant

     HI Balaka,
     This depends on the Call control. Some MGC (Intelligent) may provide
dial tone 
  immediately indicating that the user can initiate another call. Another
possibility is to 
  generate busy tone/reorder tone indicating that there is no transmission
path with the 
  other end.  Hope there might be some specific tone for this too, at least
iam not 
  aware of that.

     Regards
     Madhubabu

       -----Original Message-----
       From: [email-masked] 
       [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Kevin 
       Boyle
       Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 11:25 AM
       To: gigyasu balak; [email-masked]
       Subject: RE: What is the Tone???

       protocol.  A scan of the requirements that apply to the region in
question 
       should answer your question.

       Kevin

        -----Original Message-----
       From:   gigyasu balak [mailto:[email-masked]] 
       Sent:   Friday, July 06, 2001 11:15 AM
       To:     [email-masked]
       Subject:        What is the Tone???

       Hi
       what is the tone that will be played to the called party (calling
party) when
       calling party(Called party) goes onhook. 

       Balaka.