Subject: Move Of Megaco Mailing List

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:15:29 -0400

We are moving the Megaco list once more, to an IETF host.  The fore.com
domain is going away, and the IETF is encouraging WGs to host at the IETF
itself.  One pleasant side effect is that after the initial transition
period the spam rate may drop for a while.

The move will be accomplished by mass resubscription, handled by Brian
Rosen.  Here are the steps involved:

1.  Within the next few days: the new list, [email-masked], is established.

2.  Brian subscribes all existing Megaco subscribers to the new list and
deletes them from the old one.  He adds a pointer subscription at the old
list, forwarding all mail from that list to [email-masked].

3.  The charter is updated to give the address of the new list.  Archiving
is unchanged, since it is already being done by the IETF.

4.  On August 1 the old list is deleted.  I will send a message to the list
reminding you of the new address.  Only posts to the new address will work
from then onwards.

Regarding spam: I have good news and other news.  The good news is that the
IETF list server can filter out some types of spam.  The other news is that
the Transport Area's current policy is that there be no moderation of lists,
so I cannot clean out the rest of the spam by hand.

Tom Taylor