Subject: Re: [Megaco] RE: Failure of MGC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:58:23 +0530

Hi Tom,List

I have follwoing queries

1.  If MG or MGC wants to change its local address once the registration
procedure is over, how this can be achieved.
2. What does delay means in Restart on ROOT from MG or MGC.

Please clarify.

Thanks
Vivek

"Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]> on 07/31/2001 10:47:53 PM

To:   "'Harry Suede'" <[email-masked]>
cc:   [email-masked] (bcc: Vivek Bansal/HSS)

Subject:  [Megaco] RE: Failure of MGC

It would be part of the I-D I spoke of.  In view of today's dicussion of
timestamps, I'm starting to think we need a general discussion of the uses
of ServiceChange.  We can start with association management and go on from
there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Suede [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 11:09 AM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B881:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Failure of MGC

Hi Tom

Are we really planning to have the association state machines for MG/MGC. If
yes, will that be part of the same I-D which you suggested some time back or
will it come up as a separate document.

-Harry

-----Original Message-----

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Terry L Anderson'" <[email-masked]>,
Madhu Babu Brahmanapally <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Failure of MGC
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:22:11 -0400

Terry, I think you made a good move for opening up the discussion by doing
your enumeration of cases. What I would like to see is that we step
backward for a moment to the level of requirements. What is it we have to
signal? When we've enumerated all the cases, we can go back to matching
them to what the protocol currently offers.

Basically I think we should derive association state machines for the MG and

the MGC, starting with the events, then the states, and finally the actions.

When we have all that, we can relate the actions to the messages that can be

sent according to the current protocol specification. Any misfits or gaps
can be fixed in the IG.

--

_______________________________________________
Talk More, Pay Less with Net2Phone Direct(R), up to 1500 minutes free!
http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/link.cgi?143