Subject: [Megaco] Error descriptor

From: "Kumar, Sanjay1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:08:47 -0700

Hi List,
 What is the use of  error descriptor present in messageBody ??  
message    = MegacopToken SLASH Version SEP mId SEP messageBody
   ; The version of the protocol defined here is equal to 1.
messageBody          = ( errorDescriptor / transactionList )

As Error descriptor should be returned at deepest level possible , and
Implementers guide Section 8.2.2 Says that 

"If the receiver encounters an error such that it cannot determine a legal
Transaction, it will return a TransactionReply with a null TransactionID and
a single error descriptor (403 Syntax Error in Transaction). "

So for all error purpose receiver can always send transaction reply with
error descriptor and transaction id as NULL ( if it is not able to determine
it). 

Thanks,
Sanjay

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco