Subject: [Megaco] H.248 equivalent of MGCP Delete from MG

From: "David Barr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:20:14 +0100

Hello list,

MGCP has the concept of a Delete from the MG to the MGC.

So what do we do for H.248 ?  The Subtract command is intended for MGC to MG
only.

The MG may need to use this under certain circumstances.  Examples are:
(1) If there is detection of a packet-side bearer failure which affects a
ephemeral termination within a current context.
(2) If the MG fails to detect voice (or comfort noise) on a bearer
connection after a certain amount of time -- this may be due to a problem
with the peer MG, rather than anything wrong with the network.
(3) A temporary MG resource issue which caused it to drop the call, but
shouldn't affect future calls.

Is there a standardised way for the MG to convey this infomation to the MGC
-- i.e. one which all MGCs will understand?

Thanks.

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:44:54 -0400

H.248 equivalent of MGCP Delete from MGHi David,
In H.248, its only the MGC that can subtract the terminations from the
context. In case of packet-side failure/comfort noise or any other case MG
has to only indicate using the quality alert event and MGC will take the
necessary action.
Regards
Madhubabu
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
David Barr
  Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 11:20 AM
  To: [email-masked]'
  Subject: [Megaco] H.248 equivalent of MGCP Delete from MG

  Hello list,

  So what do we do for H.248 ?  The Subtract command is intended for MGC to
MG only.

  Is there a standardised way for the MG to convey this infomation to the
MGC -- i.e. one which all MGCs will understand?

  Thanks.