Subject: [Megaco] VoIP and Lawful Interception

From: Michele Sina <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:43:29 +0200

Does anyone know where I can find a document about the problem of the lawful
interception in a VoIP system?

Has the MeGaCo WG discussed this problem?

Thanks.

Michele

---------------------------------------------
Michele Sina
ICT Consulting
Via Vittor Pisani, 22
20124 Milano
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:14:16 -0700

As for the IETF, please read RFC 2804. Other groups such as ETSI TC SEC 
(www.etsi.org) and the ISC (www.softswitch.org) are actively working on the 
problem of lawful interception in VoIP networks.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:02:44 +1000

Hello Michele,

Megaco and SG16 has discussed this in the past and was probably one of
the triggers to have Lawful Intercept discussed at a higher level in the
IETF. Suffice to say that Megaco is flexible enough to allow most
requirements.

Christian