Subject: [Megaco] Network Package

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:20:07 -0400

The network package defines the properties of network termination
"independent" of network type. The "os" and "or" are two statistics that
indicate the octets sent and received. If this package is realized by
physical terminations, and for a hairpin connection does the "os" and "or"
properties convey any meaning??? The same holds true for TDMC package, that
extends Network Package. (I'm not sure if someone already raised this
issue).

Regards
Madhubabu

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:24:37 -0400

It is precisely for generality that the statistics are expressed as octets
rather than packets -- we did think about the issue.  For TDM the numbers
are clearly a proxy for connect time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhu Babu Brahmanapally [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 10:20 AM
To: megaco
Subject: [Megaco] Network Package

Regards
Madhubabu

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:25:39 -0400

Well, I'll agree that for any TDM connection, os and or may be
uninteresting, but hairpin could involve connections that are not
TDM.  It's trivial to compute (rate x connection time)!
I don't think a change is warranted.

Brian

> To: [email-masked]