Subject: [Megaco] [Fwd: Question on terminationId]

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:05:46 +1000

G'Day,

An email from a colleague below points out that "." is not valid in the
local part of a termination ID. Was this omission from the ABNF on
purpose?

Another thing I noticed was that NAME must begin with an ALPHA is this
desirable also?

Cheers, Christian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Question on terminationId
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:44:11 +0300
From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

The spec says:

TerminationID = "ROOT" / pathNAME / "$" / "*"

pathNAME = ["*"] NAME *("/" / "*" / ALPHA / DIGIT / "_" / "$" )
           ["@" pathDomainName ]

NAME = ALPHA *63(ALPHA / DIGIT / "_" )

Now, according to my understanding the following TerminationID is not
allowed: J7.1/myMG (the '.' is not allowed)

Am I correct?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg (lmfchh)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco