Subject: [Megaco] Call hold using inactive mode

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:13:58 +0300

Hi,

There is a discussion on the SIP mailing list about call holding, and
the possible use of the "inactive" mode.

The question is: does inactive only put the RTP stream on hold, or both
the RTP and the RTCP? And, is there any way to define if you want to put
only the RTP, or both the RTP and the RTCP, streams on hold?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:55:32 -0400

Certainly something I never thought about.  I should point out that inactive
mode is typically used at the start of a Megaco call flow, to prevent
cut-through of the caller before charging has begun.  If RTCP is running
anyway, we have to think about any possibilities for fraud.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christer Holmberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 9:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Call hold using inactive mode

Hi,

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland