Subject: [Megaco] Statistics Handling

From: "Randy Younts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:06:23 -0400

I apologize for any duplication. I believe I got the wrong address the
first time.

If a MGC sends a Subtract message to a MG requesting statistics
information (since statistics are requested by default unless Audit{} is

included), as such:

     MEGACO/1 [47.174.66.213] :2944 Transaction=3
{Context=1{Subtract=tp0}}

and the MG does not support any statistics packages, is it valid for the
MG to just reply to the Subtract message without statistics
information?  Like this:

     MEGACO/1 [47.174.66.213] :2944 Reply=3 {Context=1{Subtract=tp0}}

Or, should the MGC know by package audit that the MG does not support
statistics and, therefore, not request the statistics info by
sending down the Subtract request with Audit{}?

Randy

--
   Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
   I took the one less traveled by,
   And that has made all the difference.
                         -Robert Frost
---------------------------------------------

W. Randy Younts      GWC Protocols
NORTEL NETWORKS      Dept. 3Z90
35 Davis Dr.         Voice: (919) 991-2014
RTP, NC  27709       ESN: 351-2014

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco