Subject: [MEGACO] Question on failover

From: Steven Weisz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:04:36 -0400

Hi List,

I need a little clarification on section 11.5 of RFC 3015, it states:

    "If the MG detects a failure of its controlling MGC, it attempts to
   contact the next MGC on its pre-provisioned list.  It starts its
   attempts at the beginning (Primary MGC), unless that was the MGC that
   failed, in which case it starts at its first Secondary MGC.  It sends
   a ServiceChange message with a "Failover" method and a " MGC
   Impending Failure" reason."

In this statement it seems clear that a Service Change Message  with
"Failover" method and a "MGC Impending Failure" reason, however, what do we
do with the transaction that caused us to notice this? Do we now attempt to
send it also to the next provisioned MGC or do we continue to send it to the
current MGC?

Thanks,

Steven Weisz

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:43:18 -0400

> send it also to the next provisioned MGC or do we continue to send it to the

Read a little further in 11.5 and you will find.
"Repeated transaction requests shall be directed to the new MGC...."
This is after you have established the new control association as stated in the
sentence previous to my quote.

--
Waiting for the other shoe to drop but hoping its a one legged man.
------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla