Subject: [Megaco] Use of 'failover' and 'disconnected'

From: Dan Elbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:30:43 -0500

Hi 
In the Implementors' Guide it say that the "failover" method with "MGC
Impending Failure" reason is to be use by the MG to connect to an alternate
MGC if the current MGC fails. In the spec the "disconnected" method is
defined as to be used when connecting again to an MGC when the connection
was lost. I believe that the implication in this case is that the MG wasn't
connected meanwhile to some other MGC. Is that right ?
In some cases it may not be clear what method to use, for example if we have
2 MGCs in the list, are currently connected to MGC1, loose the connection,
don't succeed to connect to MGC2 and finally reconnecting to MGC1, should we
use "disconnected" or "failover" ? And if did succeed in connecting to MGC2
and lost the connection, when reconnecting to MGC1 should we use "failover"
?

Thanks
Dan Elbert
RADVISION

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:23:12 +0530

Lot has been dicussed about the same. Refer to mails with subject "Failure of
MGC".

Regards
vivek

Dan Elbert <[email-masked]> on 08/29/2001 03:00:43 AM

To:   "'megaco'" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Vivek Bansal/HSS)

Subject:  [Megaco] Use of 'failover' and 'disconnected'

Hi

Thanks
Dan Elbert
RADVISION