Subject: [Megaco] CFP: IEEE Communications Magazine - Internet Techology Series

From: Khaled Elsayed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:25:30 +0300

Appologies if you receive multiple copies. 

HTML version of this CFP can be found at
http://inetserie.tripod.com/cfp.html

                 Call for Papers
             IEEE Communications Magazine
              Internet Technology Series
                   Series Editors
 Michah Lerner (AT&T) and Khaled Elsayed (Cairo University)
                       IP in 2005 
       Scalability, Programmability, and Virtualization 
                in the Internet

The scalable Internet presents challenges and paradoxes.
Scalable and malleable services leverage stateless
distributed control over the global address space. Transport
bindings nevertheless influence service behavior through the
control of access, the logical flow of information, as well
as the availability of diverse content. Such systems
challenge the traditional traffic engineering methods for
allocation of buffers and assignment of resources. The
Internet Technology series of the IEEE Communications
Magazine is calling for original tutorial papers about these
challenges and their resolution, and suggest the following
topics: 

- Scalability issues in BGP and routing tables 

- Clouds (native IP) vs. strings (MPLS) - Internet evolution
  choices 

- Programmable routers - architectures and services 

- Instantiation and Virtualization – IP services provide
  concrete capabilities through the structuring of
  resources. 

- Virtualization of the transport service layers - such as
  pervasive virtual private networks 

- Internet services - multilevel and location-aware mobile
  services, including voice over IP (VoIP) 

IEEE Communications Magazine is read by tens of thousands of
Communications Society members. The papers will be available
on the Internet through Communications Magazine Interactive,
the WWW edition of the magazine. Details about IEEE
Communications Magazine can be found at
http://www.comsoc.org/ci/. 
Sample publications published within the Internet Technology
Series can be found in the January 2001 and July 2001 issues
of the IEEE Communicarions Magazine. 

Tentative Schedule
 
 Manuscripts due: Nov 1, 2001 
Notification of acceptance: Jan 15, 2002  
(for the April 2002 issue) 
Final copy due: One month before final publication date 
Prospective Magazine issues: April, August, and Oct. 2002 

How to Submit Manuscripts
Article Style Information 
========================= 
Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written
in a style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty
of the article. Articles may be edited for content, and will
be copyedited for compliance with the magazine's style
guidelines. Page proofs will be sent to the contact author
for final review prior to publication. 

Mathematical equations should not be used unless they are
vital to the presentation. Even then, they should be kept to
a minimum. If the article has numerous equations, please
contact the editor handling the manuscript. 

References should be included only to guide readers to more
information on the topic; the reference list should not
include every available source (a limit of ten references is
recommended). Use footnotes only where necessary. 

Articles should not exceed 4500 words. 

Figures and tables should be limited to a combined total of
six. If the article exceeds these recommended limits, please
contact the editor handling the manuscript. 

Submission 
========================= 
Electronic submission of manuscripts as either PDF
(preferred) or Postscript is required. Please send your
submission to both of the series editors: 
Khaled Elsayed: [email-masked] 
Michah Lerner: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco