Subject: RE: [Megaco] Info about Megaco Interop

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:45:31 -0400

There is yet to be a date set.

Please join the interop mailing list for further information

send an email to [email-masked] and specify
"subscribe megaco-interop" as the body of the message.

Brian
-----Original Message-----
From: Sarju Garg [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 9:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Info about Megaco Interop

Hi all,

when is the next interop and where can  i find the procedure to join this
interop?

Thanks
Sarju
----- Original Message ----- 
From: Tom-PT Taylor 
To: 'Padmaja Musti' ; 'Harry Suede' ; [email-masked] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 6:18 PM
Subject: RE: [Megaco] What exactly constitutes Version 1 ?

It should conform to the "practical definition", since that includes
solutions to problems which have arisen in porevious interops.
-----Original Message-----
From: Padmaja Musti [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 12:29 AM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [NORSE:B881:EXCH]; 'Harry Suede'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] What exactly constitutes Version 1 ?

Hi,
For the coming Interop are we saying that MG/MGC should conform to Formal 
definiton or practical definition (with IG)?

regards,
Padma
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom-PT Taylor [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 8:04 PM
To: 'Harry Suede'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] What exactly constitutes Version 1 ?

I'll give you two answers: the practical one, and the formal one. 
The practical answer is that Version 1 consists of the protocol as
documented in RFC 3015 or ITU-T Rec. H.248 (June, 2000) plus the latest
approved H.248 Implementor's Guide (June, 2001).  Note that RFC 3015 has a
few small errors compared with the H.248 document.  The URL you cite
probably gives the June 2001 approved version of the IG, but for safety you
should get the official version, just posted last week, at 
http://www.itu.int/itudoc/itu-t/com16/implgd/h248-ig.html 
The formal answer is that because the IETF lacks the equivalent to the ITU
Implementor's Guide, RFC 3015 is the official IETF view of Version 1.
Normally we would recycle that document in a movement toward Draft Standard,
so you would have an Internet Draft containing the latest view of the
protocol including corrections.  The problem is that we don't want to risk
divergence between Megaco and H.248, so the more likely update route will be
to co-develop the next version of the H.248 Recommendation with SG 16.
Discussion of this topic at the last IETF meeting revealed a fairly clear
consensus that Megaco participants don't want to see another version of
Megaco/H.248 for another year, until we get solid deployment experience.  If
this is also the list consensus, I can report this view into the next SG 16
Rapporteur's meeting at the end of the month.
I am left with one thought.  Should we have an I-D on the table consisting
of RFC 3015 plus approved corrections (i.e.) the latest approved version of
the Implementor's Guide?
-----Original Message----- 
From: Harry Suede [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 4:16 AM 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: [Megaco] What exactly constitutes Version 1 ? 

Hi All 
 I am a bit unsure about what exactly constitutes 'Version 1' of the MEGACO
protocol. 
Is it just the RFC 3015 ? Or do the subsequent IGs also form a part of it. 
 RFC 3015 was itself made up of megaco_merged_01.txt and IGv3, right ? 
 Is the document located at 
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0105_Por/PL-015_H248_imp_guide.zip, the
the latest approved IG ? Where does this doc stand vis-a-vis 'Version 1' ?
 Could someone please clarify ? 
Regards 
Harry 
-- 
_______________________________________________ 
Talk More, Pay Less with Net2Phone Direct(R), up to 1500 minutes free! 
http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/link.cgi?143 

_______________________________________________ 
Megaco mailing list 
[email-masked] 
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "surya kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 19:23:43 +0530

Hi

What happened to earlier dates set for interop, oct 22 and Nov 11 of 2001?

regards
surya