Subject: [Megaco] echo cancellation, silence supp, etc.

From: Mike Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:43:59 -0600

Hello all:

I am fairly new to Megaco, but have used MGCP extensively.

In the text syntax, I do not see anything to support echo cancellation,
or silence suppression.

RFC3108 does allow these in the SDP, but in reading RFC3015,
it appears that only RFC2327 is supported (which does not include
echo can, or silence supp).

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Mike

--

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Serhad Doken <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:01:58 -0400

Mike,

Echo cancellation is a property defined in TDM Circuit package.

Serhad

---

From: "Vance Shipley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:11:06 -0400

The TDM package has a boolean value for echo cancellation.
It would be nice to extend this to include the number of
milliseconds of echo cancellation to apply.

	-Vance

---

From: Mike Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:28:17 -0600

Thanks for the replies.

Is there a package allowing silence suppression to be turned
off and on?

Thanks

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:31:46 -0400

There is a property Silencesupp (1008) in Annex C that can be used for
binary encoding.  In text encoding you would need to use the SDP from
RFC 3108, if silence suppression is available for the codec being used.
I believe silence suppression is an RTP termination issue.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla