Subject: Re: [Megaco] H248 Subtract

From: "Sean Leahy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:44:43 +0100

Re: Your statement that:

"...... to suppress the default one must send an empty Audit descriptor
Audit{}.".

Would it not be useful to be able to suppress statistics whilst still being
able to ask for other information e.g. Media descriptors ?

Sean Leahy

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 12:17:40 -0400

I guess this is a little ambiguous.  I am not quite sure why Statistics was
made "default" but I would assume that if an Audit descriptor is included then
ONLY those items specified would be returned (e.g., Audit{Media} would return
only media descriptors and NOT statistics) and that the "default" would only
occur if there was no Audit descriptor.  So Audit{} would turn off all audit,
Audit{Media} would return Media and omitting Audit would return Statistics.

Does anyone disagree?  Do folks think this needs to be clarified in IG?

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla