Subject: [Megaco] Version Numbers

From: "Andrew Russell-laing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:51:49 +0100

Hi List,

Excuse me if this question has already been answered, I have not been
following the Version Number debate very closely.

The Version Number is defined in the Message Header and the
ServiceChangeVersion parameter of a
ServiceChange command from the MG.

Annex L  Error Code 406, states that in the case of an unsupported version
number beng indicated in the
message header the message contents are disregarded.

If the MGC only supported Version 1, and the message header contained
version 2, then following this rule,  it
would not be possible to negotiate a protocol version because the message
would never be processed.

I agree with the Annex L statement for all messages with the exception of
the ServiceChange (Restart) Transaction request from the MG.

Is this a correct interpretation of the rules and does it need
clarification either in Annex L or in RFC3015.

Thanks

Andrew Russell-Laing
Marconi

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco