Subject: [Megaco] Status of Annex L and Error Text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:08:01 +0100

Please clarify that if Annex L specifies certain Error Text in an error
decriptor, does this mean that it is mandatory to include at least this
text along with the error code.

     For example could an MG or MGC treat an error code without the error
text defined in Annex L as an error itself ?

     Or is it still optional to include the error code without any text,
despite the text being defined in Annex L  (if so this needs to be
clarified) ?

     Sean Leahy

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:09:36 +1000

G'Day Sean,

This text is still optional to have. I've had this question from a
couple of sources now so perhaps we need a one line statement in Annex L
to the effect:

H.248 IG:
Add to end of L.4.1

"The error code descriptions indicate error text that may be included
with the error descriptor. It is optional to include this information."

Regards, Christian