Subject: [Megaco] FW: Implementors Guide not normative?

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:32:44 -0400

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Freundlich [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 11:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Implementors Guide not normative?

Colleagues,

It's looking to me like the best way to capture the H.248 implementer's
guide is to issue in February an H.248 V2 that is at least V1+IG. Rather
than argue abstractly about what else might be in V2, I thought I'd list
the post-V1 proposals that have been accepted so far:

APC-1911: Change of Capabilities indicated in H.248 ServiceChange (
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/till_0012/0008_Por/APC-1911.zip )

APC-1913: Improved Auditing in H.248 Version 2 (
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/till_0012/0008_Por/APC-1913.zip )

APC-2002: Signal on Root for H248v2 (
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/till_0012/0011_Gen/APC-2002.zip )

AVD-2068: Improved Auditing in H.248 Version 2 [amends APC-1913] (
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0103_Lau/AVD-2068.zip )

D93: Handling of multiple pending transactions in H.248 (
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0105_Por/TD-xxx_Transaction_Pending.zip
)

D129: Extendable Context Properties for H.248 v2 (
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0105_Por/DC-xxx_Context_Property_v2.zip
)

So, that's 5 proposals (note that AVD-2068 amends, or replaces, APC-1913).
Please take this information into consideration when you form an opinion
about what should be in V2 and the timing of V2. AVD-2131 for the Dublin
meeting ( ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0110_Dub/AVD-2131.zip ) shows
V1 + IG + the accepted proposals listed above. Marcello Pantaleo (your
friendly H.248 editor) is also creating a document that would show V1 + IG.

Regards,
Glen

Christian Groves wrote:

> G'Day,
>
> Personally as I've mentioned in previous meetings I would support the
> approval of v2 to bring in the changes from the IGs. I feel that a 80
> page corrigenda to a 134pg H.248v1 isn't very practical. It will also
> help interoperability if you receive a v2 message then you know exactly
> to expect. At previous interops different groups have implemented
> different IG versions.
>
> With regards to the 2 year guideline it would be 20 months between the
> decision and the consent date for the recommendation. By the time the
> consent period is finished and the recommendation is published it would
> be very close to 2 years. We have had other recommendations in SG16
> which have not aligned to the 2 year guideline.
>
> Regards, Christian
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> For help on this mail list, send "HELP ITU-SG16" in a message to
> [email-masked]

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:57:07 -0400

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Groves [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 11:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Implementors Guide not normative?

G'Day Glen,

Thanks for listing the proposals I think it goes some way to clarifying
what H.248v2 is. I also note that there are 3 proposals for the Dublin
meeting to H.248v2 these are:
AVD-2120 :Auditing Context Properties
(ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0110_Dub/AVD-2120.zip)
AVD-2122 :H.248v2 Profile Handling
(ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0110_Dub/AVD-2122.zip)
AVD-2124 :Additions to the H.248 Multiplex Descriptor
(ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0110_Dub/AVD-2124.zip)

Regards, Christian