Subject: [Megaco] draft-tappenden-atm-AAL2-package-00.txt

From: "Naidu, Venkata" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:08:46 -0500

All:

  I have few comments w.r.t draft-tappenden-atm-AAL2-package-00.txt

  drafts reads  
	In this case the Terminating Gateway will designate 
	an available CID to be used in that connection for 
	the voice call. 

  I think, it will good to describe what CID to designate.
  It is always better to *recommed* a procedure which
  start from 8 and wraps arond 255 to avoid possible
  reuse of recently released CIDs between Orginating and
  Terminating Gateways.

  I didn't understand, why only egress (Terminating) gateway
  allocates CID. We can extend the procedure where Orginiating
  gateway can request a CID (just like Q.2630.x) (in SVC or 
  forward call setup models)

--Venkata Naidu

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco