Subject: [Megaco] MEGACO Application Vs Management

From: "ranabk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:59:33 +0530

Changing a modem of Termination , Termination management like controlling
states OOS ( out of SERVICE ) , INS ( in service ) etc. should ideally be
done by management entity controlling MG . We are not clear on this . Does
call agent seating on the top of MEGACO stack in MGC side can also do these
functions .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Basanta Kumar Rana
Project Manager ,
480/1,Nandanam , Mount Road ,
Chennai,India , 600035
Phone : +91-044-4330550 - Extn 411
Email : [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:31:43 -0500

We designed Megaco to provide a certain amount of overlap with management
functions because the distribution of these functions in the network may
vary.  For instance, it may or may not make sense to support SNMP in a
business set being managed as an MG.

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:31:43 -0500