Subject: [Megaco] Call Initiation from VOIP side

From: "ranabk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:14:04 +0530

We are exploring how a call originated from VOIP side in Media Gateway .
First thing , there is no Package defined for this ( RTP package doesn't
have
off-hook , on-hook events ) . Any other package for this ?

Second , how the Digit Map for the call looks like if destination point is
also
in VOIP . Normally this type call in H323 end pont , the destination address
is in email address format ( e.g.  name@machine ) .

Can anybody help us .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Basanta Kumar Rana
Project Manager ,
480/1,Nandanam , Mount Road ,
Chennai,India , 600035
Phone : +91-044-4330550 - Extn 411
Email : [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:24:45 +0200

Hi,

>have off-hook , on-hook events ) . Any other package for this ?

First, if you use RTP you need to set up a VOIP session before you can
receive anything from the VOIP side. Ie the caller can't lift the hook
and start sending RTP packets, since it doesn't know where to send
them...

Second, if you want to be able to receive events from the VOIP side you
need to define RTP payload types for those, and as far as I know there
aren't any defined for "off-hook" and "on-hook" events...
 
>als in VOIP . Normally this type call in H323 end pont , the destination address

Both in SIP and H323, you don't use a Digit Map. You send the
destination address in a SIP/H.323 message on the signalling level.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:24:45 +0200

Hi,

 

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland