Subject: RE: [Megaco] AnnexL - Error Codes

From: "Sean Leahy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:53:57 +0000

Tom,
     This seems to contradict an earlier clarification we received that the
provision of error code information was not mandatory despite Annex L.
Annex L only stipulates what the information should contain (for some error
codes) where the voluntary decision is taken to provide error information.

     Is the implication of the latest clarification that you are changing
the position so that all error descriptions stipulated in Annex L ALWAYS
have to be provided and can never be omitted ?

     Sean Leahy

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:59:59 -0500

The correction in IG 6.59 (as pointed out by Christian) removes the list from
7.3 but maintain the sentence that reads:
    "An error descriptor consists of an error code and optionally the
associated explanatory string."
So it is still explicit that the error description is optional.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:59:59 -0500

--