Subject: [Megaco] Audit termination hook status

From: "Chuong N. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 18:45:50 -0600

Tom

Can we add Audit termination hook status (on-hook, off-hook) to v2?

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:03:57 -0500

Only if we define it as a property.  Then auditing becomes easy.
 
New lines package?  Is this of general interest?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuong N. Nguyen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 5:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Audit termination hook status

Tom 

Thanks 
Chuong 

--

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:03:57 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuong N. Nguyen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 5:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Audit termination hook status

Tom 

Thanks 
Chuong 

--

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:46:36 -0500

Why do you need this?  The hook state can be easily discovered by scanning
for one or the other, and setting the strict parm appropriately (either
state, or failWrong).  The MGC should have a pretty good guess about what
the current hook state is, and, therefore, scan for the other.  If the
strict parm is set to state, then if the MG is already in that state, it
will report it right away with a parm to indicate if it was an explicit
change or not.  In the case of failWrong, an error will be returned.  The
MGC can then act appropriately.
 
Kevin

 
-----Original Message-----
From: Chuong N. Nguyen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 5:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Audit termination hook status
Tom

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:59:48 -0500

I mean request the MG to report the event.  You could say that the MG
"scans" the termination for events to occur, and then reports them based on
the Events Descriptor.
 
As for the Notify... if messages are being lost, then they should be
retransmitted.  If the MG never gets an answer, it should consider sending
ServiceChange Disconnected, which can trigger the MGC to audit lines, and
reapply Events Descriptors to look for whichever hook state is appropriate.
At that time, the strict parm of the on-/off-hook event will provide the
required information.
 
Losing messages is bad - very bad, especially in the context of call
processing.  While I appreciate that data networks tend to be lossy as
compared to the PSTN, losing messages indicates that either the network is
not engineered correctly, or there is a serious problem (the MGC/MG went out
of service, network attacks are taking place, etc.)  If the MGC is having to
audit to maintain an accurate picture of hook state, there are some network
issues that need to be addressed.
 
Kevin
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Chuong N. Nguyen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 2:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Audit termination hook status

Hi Kevin 
It is for the case where MGC did  not get the Notify for the change in hook
state from MG for whatever reason. 
What do you mean by scanning? 
  
Kevin Boyle wrote: 
Why do you need this?The hook state can be easily discovered by scanning for
one or the other, and setting the strict parm appropriately (either state,
or failWrong).The MGC should have a pretty good guess about what the current
hook state is, and, therefore, scan for the other.If the strict parm is set
to state, then if the MG is already in that state, it will report it right
away with a parm to indicate if it was an explicit change or not.In the case
of failWrong, an error will be returned.The MGC can then act appropriately.
Kevin 
-----Original Message----- 
From: Chuong N. Nguyen [ mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ] 
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 5:46 PM 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: [Megaco] Audit termination hook status 
Tom  
Can we add Audit termination hook status (on-hook, off-hook) to v2?  
Thanks 
Chuong