Subject: [Megaco] Reserve Value and Reserve Group

From: "Sudhir Kumar Appana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 11:56:56 +0530

Hi,
In the RFC 3015, following is given in section 7.1.8 (Local and Remote
Descriptors):
"If ReserveGroup is true, the MG reserves the resources required to
support any of the requested property group alternatives that it can
currently support.  If ReserveValue is true, the MG reserves the
resources required to support any of the requested property value
alternatives that it can currently support."

In the above statement, I want to know "what is property group and what is
property value". Where can I get more information on this. I referred
SDP RFC 2327, in that Session level Description and Media level Description
are differentiated. But I could not conclude from this.

In RFC 3015 Appendix-A section-A.1.2 Step-12, Local Descriptor defines two
Session level descriptions. Can anybody mail me how can I interpret this,
as property groups or as property values. I will be happy, if somebody
explains this with some example packets.

One more doubt regarding SDP Paramters:
In SDP RFC 2327, it is given that following fields are mandatory:
For 'Session description':
v=  (protocol version)
o=  (owner/creator and session identifier).
s=  (session name)
For 'Time description':
t=  (time the session is active)

For 'Media description':
m=  (media name and transport address)

But in call flows given in RFC 3015 Appendix A and in 'draft-madhu-megaco-
callflows-00.txt', I haven't found fields 'o=' and 's='. Are this fields are
not required.

Thanks,
Sudhir

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco