Subject: [Megaco] parser implementation for MGCP

From: venkataramana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:28:11 +0530

Hi,

We are working on implementation of RFC2705, MGCP on linux for
CallAgent. I require one minor clarification regarding parser
implementation. The query goes like this :

In RFC 2705, on page no 82 , under the definition for 
"LocalConnectionOptions",  for including the extension parameters
it is given as ( please at ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

LocalConnectionOptions = [ LocalOptionValue 0*(WSP)
                 0*("," 0*(WSP) LocalOptionValue 0*(WSP)) ]
LocalOptionValue = ("p" ":" <packetizationPeriod> )
                 / ("a" ":" <compressionAlgorithm> )
                 / ("b" ":" <bandwidth> )
                 / ("e" ":" <echoCancellation> )
                 / ("gc" ":" <gainControl> )
                 / ("s" ":" <silenceSuppression> )
                 / ("t" ":" <typeOfService> )
                 / ("r" ":" <resourceReservation> )
                 / ("k" ":" <encryptionmethod>[":"<encryptionKey>])
                 / ("nt" ":" <typeOfNetwork> )
                 / (localOptionExtensionName ":"
                 / localOptionExtensionValue)
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

Instead, I feel it should be like the one below :

                 / (localOptionExtensionName ":"
                    localOptionExtensionValue
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 
Please note that "/" should not precede to "localOptionExtensionValue"

Please clarify this minor issue.

Thanks
Venkat