Subject: [Megaco] a trivial question about Digit return value

From: "toni.yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:03:43 +0800

hi, Kevin J. Boyle !

This is an example in  "H.248 Digit Collection Corrections and Enhancement"

DigitMap (0S|00|911|[1-7]xxx|8xxxxxxx|Fxxxxxxx|Exx|91xxxxxxxxxx|9011.xS)

When digits dailled is "123", the document said MG's return value shall be
ds3S PM.
While I thought the return value shall be ds3L PM. If MG is not the way,
when will digit string involve letter 'L' ?

Thanx and Best Regards

Toni Yang

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 00:28:37 -0500

This was clearly a typo.  You are correct that it should return 123L.

If there need to be more digits to create a match, then the timer expiry
will be L.  If it has already matched a pattern, and a short timer is
specified at the end of that pattern, then it will be an S.  If a specific
timer is specified in the pattern, and that timer fires, then that will be
the timer expiry indicated.  If the Start timer expires, then the
digitstring will be "T".

Please note that the procedures have been considered for backwards
compatibility and some of the changes have been incorporated into v1, some
others into v2, and the non-backward compatible portions have been
encapsulated in Annex M.edd, which is expected to go to consent in October.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: toni.yang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 12:04 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z30:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: a trivial question about Digit return value

hi, Kevin J. Boyle !

Thanx and Best Regards

Toni Yang

---

From: "Kevin Boyle"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 00:28:37 -0500

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: toni.yang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 12:04 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z30:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: a trivial question about Digit return value

hi, Kevin J. Boyle !

Thanx and Best Regards

Toni Yang