Subject: [Megaco] IF Reply to a request is an error .. ?

From: "vidya g" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Mar 2002 04:33:22 -0000

hi all

    This is an implementation related issue. Take a scenario where 
MG has sent one request ( eg. Notify ) to MGC and MGC has sent a 
reply to that request which contains error. The moment I get a 
reply I will be removing the trsansaction from my transaction data 
base. If the error is returned what do I do to resend the command 
or is it really required to resend that .. what is the normal 
behaviour followed in normal applications .. ?

regs
vdy

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:35:18 -0500

I'm assuming you mean that the response had a syntactic error or was invalid
in some other way.

The problem for the requesting entity is to decide whether the error in the
response was a persistent or transient.  In general I suspect the conclusion
to be that the error won't go away (i.e. because the responding software is
faulty).  Hence there is no point in repeating the request, and the alarm
should be sounded instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: vidya g [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 11:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] IF Reply to a request is an error .. ?

hi all

regs
vdy

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:35:18 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: vidya g [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 11:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] IF Reply to a request is an error .. ?

hi all

regs
vdy