Subject: [MEGACO] what does list of signals mean?

From: Narine_Mossikyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:30:26 +0400

Hi,
I found the list of signals on the page#139,  RFC 3015 Megaco Protocol
Version 1.0,  November 2000 , in Section Generic packages , E.1.2.
Events .
ObservedEvents Descriptor parameters:
        Signal Identity
        ParameterID:  SigID (0x0001)
        This parameter identifies the signals which have terminated.
        Type: list
My question is:
Should I implement  list of  signals as it is describe in the same RFC,
page #107 ?
        signalList           = SignalListToken EQUAL signalListId LBRKT
                          signalListParm *(COMMA signalListParm) RBRKT
or the list of signals in ObservedEvents has another meaning?
thanks for your help

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:54:15 -0500

The original text was ambiguous and was recently amended to clarify this
parameter.  The change first appeared in the Implementors Guide but was
included in H.248v1 Corrigendum 1 and H.248v2 as consented in Geneva Feb
2002.  Here is the current text:

ObservedEvents Descriptor parameters:
Signal Identity
ParameterID:  SigID (0x0001)
This parameter identifies the signal which has terminated. For a signal
that is contained in a signal list the signal list identity parameter
should also be returned indicating the appropriate list.
Type: Binary: octet (string), Text: string
Possible values: a signal which has terminated.  A signal shall be
identified using the pkgdName syntax without wildcarding.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:54:15 -0500

--