Subject: [Megaco] Control association between MG and MGC

From: "Sudhir Kumar Appana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:55:38 +0530

Hi,

I had doubt regarding control association between MG and MGC.

Suppose assume that control association between MG and MGC was already
established, TCP was used as a Transport method and there are no secondary
MGCs.

If TCP connection was lost and later restored after one hour, then what will
be the
behaviour of MG and MGC after restoration of TCP connection.. Is it
necessary to
establish control association again or Service Change with method:
Disconnected
and Reason: 'loss of lower layer connectivity' can be expected from MG. If
not, what
can be the behaviour of MG.

In the text file
"draft-hss-megaco-control-association-state-machine-00.txt", it was given
that
during Transient failures in TCP connection, MG will send Service Change
with
method: Disconnected.

In conclusion, I want to know the behaviour of MG and MGC ( assume control
association
between them already established) if TCP connection was lost for about one
hour and later
restored.

Thanks,
Sudhir

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco