Subject: [Megaco] partial match, full match?

From: "Noh Jeong-min" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:49:33 +0900

Hi, all

I am new subscriber to this mail list.

Can anybody tell me  what is difference between partial match and full match?

What is difference between unambiguous match and full match ?

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:47:50 -0500

These terms all relate to the digit map completion event, of course.

Difference between partial and full match: a partial match occurs when
dialling times out before a complete pattern has been matched.  For
example, if the full pattern is "1234" and the applicable inter-digit timer
expires after the user has dialled "12", "12" is a partial match to the
pattern.  If dialling had gone as far as "1234" before timeout, a full
match would be reported.

An unambiguous match occurs when the pattern matched is different from any
other candidate pattern, so that matching could be determined from dialled
digits alone without the need of a timer to resolve ambiguity.  Here's an
example of an unambiguous match: suppose there are two candidate patterns:
"1234" and "1235".  The fourth digit dialled will resolve the difference
between the two patterns unambiguously.  On the other hand, the difference
between "1234" and "xxxxxx" can only be resolved by using a timer, even if
"1234" has already been dialled.

-----Original Message-----
From: Noh Jeong-min [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 1:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] partial match, full match?

Hi, all

Can anybody tell me  what is difference between partial match and full
match?

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:47:50 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Noh Jeong-min [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 1:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] partial match, full match?

Hi, all