Subject: RE: [Megaco] Re: text syntax

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 07:43:14 -0500

All those braces have an honourable precedent in LISP.

The Megaco protocol was shaped by the people who designed it.  The design
that came out of that Minneapolis hotel room three years ago was never
really questioned after it arrived -- people were too relieved to have
settled the great connection model debate.  I can name the people who were
on the design team, but I led from the rear (i.e.) I wasn't in the room when
the key decisions were made.

-----Original Message-----
From: YH [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 6:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Re: text syntax

Hi all,

In the text coding, the Megaco uses a pair of "{}" to embed descriptors
and uses tokens to differentiate descriptors, could anyone enlighten me
what is the benefit for such format? Because there are many pairs of
"{}" embedded inside of an object, it is rather difficult to make a
parer to extract an object from a matched pare of "{}". It seems to me
this format makes implementation of parser much more difficult than to
use tag for distinctions of descriptors. What am I missing here?

Thank you.

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco