Subject: [Megaco] Local- and Remote descriptors for multiplexed TDM streams

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:13:06 +0200

Hi,

No matter which method (SDP or something else) is used to describe the
Local- and/or Remote descriptors for a TDM termination, how do we handle
multiplexed TDM streams, which may include multiple streams with
different codecs etc... ?

One argument could be that in this case the descriptors should not be in
the TDM termination, but in the MUX termination. Since each
demultiplexed channel is represented by a H.248 Stream, each Stream
descriptor in the MUX termination would then define the Local- and/or
Remote descriptors for each channel.

However, there may still be specific Local- and/or Remote descriptors
which the TDM termination needs, so in this case we could have two sets
of TDM descriptors within the same context....

Any ideas/comments on this?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco