Subject: [Megaco] Concerns raised during the Megaco meeting in Minneapolis

From: Kevin McCandless <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:03:18 -0800

Tom:
 
Thank you for allowing us the time to raise our concerns about multiple
versions of H.248.  I wanted to summarize those concerns in writing as I
stated them on March 20.  I hope that if I missed something that the other
people on the list will provide their thoughts.
 
1)  There should not be any more version of H.248 developed until
implementation experience gained and the data from that experienced is
analyzed.
2)  H.248 Vxx should be backwards compatible.
3)  Each new draft version of H.248 should list the changes from the
previous version and the enhancements.  Actually, one could see two sections
in a draft document:  A)  problems encountered during implementation and the
solution/change and B)the other section would be feature enhancements.
 
These are the main points raised during the meeting.  I hope they reflect
what you captured in the meeting minutes.
 
Thank you,

Kevin