Subject: [Megaco] Question on Annex G, signal type On/Off

From: Dan Elbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 12:40:50 +0200

Hi

In Annex G (user interface packages) the type of the signals in the packages
is not defined.
By looking at what the signals want to do, these seem to be "on/off"
signals, but I'm not clear what the meaning of "on/off" is in a signal like
SetIndicator in the Indicator package, where the signal has a state which
can take many values (on,off,blink,...).
Perhaps it means "off" is return to default state ?
Another possibility is to consider this signals as "brief", in this case we
apply them to set them on and then we apply them again to change the state.
This works but seems like "cheating" in the meaning of "brief".
The type will affect the behaviour when an empty SignalDescriptor is used,
on/off signals should be turned off but brief signals not (because they are
assume to play only a short time).
Your thoughts ?

Thanks
Dan Elbert
RADVISION

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco