Subject: [Megaco] Streams & mixing

From: Dan Elbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:27:23 +0300

Hi
Let's assume that I have n input video streams, n rtp terminations
representing them, a mixing unit represented by a mixing termination, and m
output streams ( m<=n ) being mapped to the rtp terminations in some way.
One way to implement this could be to assign stream id=1 to all the input
streams and set the mode to receive only in the rtp terms, and sendrecv in
the mixing term, and then to create m additional streams exiting the mixing
termination, and to put one of this m streams in every rtp termination
according to the mapping.
In this case stream 1 (input) has only local descriptor, and the output
stream has only remote descriptor.
This looks weird but if the same stream id is used for input and output I
don't know how to indicate the mapping unless is some kind of "magic"
happening in the mixer term so that every rtp term generates the right
output stream.
Any comments ?

Dan Elbert
RADVISION

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:39:43 +1000

G'Day Dan,

I'm not overly comfortable of having a seperate "mixer" termination when really
its a function of the context. PErhaps what is needed is to further develop the
requirements that were drafted on conferencing to come up with a few packages.
One of which could define a property that is a list of streamIDs to be mixed and
then sent to a single output stream.

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:39:43 +1000

G'Day Dan,

Regards, Christian