Subject: RE: [Megaco] Global properties

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 12:44:51 -0400

I'd rather not set global properties on ROOT, simply because that would make
it harder for people to understand the difference between ROOT properties
and global properties.  It may be weird, but setting such properties on
arbitrary individual terminations does work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Elbert [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 11:50 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] Global properties

Hi
In what termination should a global property be set ? Should it be the root
termination ?
I realize that is defined that the setting of the global applies to all
terminations implementing the package but it seems weird just to set it in
any termination.

Dan Elbert
RADVISION

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:32:50 -0400

Of course it is theoretically possible to have a GW with no physical
terminations (all termination ephemeral).  In this case one might like to set a
gobal property when no terminations had been instantiated.  One would have to
Add a termination just to be able to set the property (and then Subtract it).
Admittedly this is a somewhat odd MG and perhaps the necessity of the Add is
tolerable, but it seems somewhat unfortunate.  An option to use ROOT would
eliminate that problem.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:32:50 -0400

--