Subject: RE: [Megaco] Local and remote descriptors

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 12:38:56 +0200

What is the scope of StreamId?  Is it local to each termination, so the same
values of StreamId can be used by each termination, or is it global to the
MG?

Raphael Tryster

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Christer Holmberg [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Thursday, 23 May, 2002 11:31 AM
	To:	Peter Farnell
	Cc:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	Re: [Megaco] Local and remote descriptors

	Hi, 

	Every stream within a Termination has its own set of L/R
descriptors. Terminations can not "share" descriptors, even if the same
StreamID may be used in those descriptors. 

	Regards, 

	Christer Holmberg 
	Ericsson Finland 

	Peter Farnell wrote: 

		Hi list,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office
<urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office> " />

		I have just started some development work using the H.248
standard and am finding it a little hard to understand the concept of
local/remote descriptors. Does each termination within a context have it's
own set of local/remote descriptors? Or are the local/remote descriptors
shared by terminations with the same streamId? 

		Any help is appreciated, 

		Thanks Peter. 

	  _____  
	
		Do You Yahoo!? 
		LAUNCH
<http://rd.yahoo.com/welcome/*http://launch.yahoo.com>  - Your Yahoo! Music
Experience

	Peter Farnell wrote: 

		Hi list,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office
<urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office> " />
		I have just started some development work using the H.248
standard and am finding it a little hard to understand the concept of
local/remote descriptors. Does each termination within a context have it's
own set of local/remote descriptors? Or are the local/remote descriptors
shared by terminations with the same streamId?

		Any help is appreciated, 

		Thanks Peter. 

	  _____  
	
		Do You Yahoo!? 
		LAUNCH
<http://rd.yahoo.com/welcome/*http://launch.yahoo.com>  - Your Yahoo! Music
Experience

	Peter Farnell wrote: 

		Hi list,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office
<urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office> " />
		I have just started some development work using the H.248
standard and am finding it a little hard to understand the concept of
local/remote descriptors. Does each termination within a context have it's
own set of local/remote descriptors? Or are the local/remote descriptors
shared by terminations with the same streamId?
		Any help is appreciated,

		Thanks Peter. 

	  _____  
	
		Do You Yahoo!? 
		LAUNCH
<http://rd.yahoo.com/welcome/*http://launch.yahoo.com>  - Your Yahoo! Music
Experience

	Peter Farnell wrote: 

		Hi list,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office
<urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office> " />
		I have just started some development work using the H.248
standard and am finding it a little hard to understand the concept of
local/remote descriptors. Does each termination within a context have it's
own set of local/remote descriptors? Or are the local/remote descriptors
shared by terminations with the same streamId?
		Any help is appreciated,
		Thanks Peter.

	  _____  
	
		Do You Yahoo!? 
		LAUNCH
<http://rd.yahoo.com/welcome/*http://launch.yahoo.com>  - Your Yahoo! Music
Experience

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:03:15 +0300

Streams with the same StreamID are associated with each other within the
scope of a Context.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:03:15 +0300

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland