Subject: [Megaco] MGCP 1.0bis - final version

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:02:44 -0400

Greetings

After our "Last Call" on 2705bis-02, we now have an updated and final
version of MGCP 1.0bis available at:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-mgcp-rfc2705bis-04.txt

(and no, you didn't miss bis-03; Murphy's Law). We have sent this
version to the RFC Editor and asked for it to become an informational
RFC.

Section 7.1 now lists all the changes made since RFC 2705, and below,
you will find a list of the changes made since 2705bis-02. Also, as
usual, we have the MS-Word source document used to generate the I-D
available at

    http://www.softswitch.org/attachments/RFC2705bis-020507.zip

or through

   http://www.softswitch.org/educational/tech_docs.asp

where changes made since the -02 version (except grammar and some purely
editorial changes) appear with a red font.

We would like to thank everybody who have contributed to this
specification, not least all the people that have been sending questions
and comments to the mailing lists, which has been a big help in
improving the clarity of the spec.

If you have any questions or comments on the spec, please send an e-mail
to the mgcp list at "[email-masked]".  If you are not subscribed to
this list but would like to, please send an e-mail to
"[email-masked]" with "subscribe mgcp" in the body.

Thanks and regards

                        Flemming

Changes from 2705bis-02 to 2705bis-04:
=============================

Clarified that different forms and values of the domain-name part of an
endpoint name are not freeely interchangeable.

Clarified, that notified entity only governs where commands from the
gateway are sent to. It does not affect where commands will be accepted
from.

Clarified that events can only be detected on endpoints (not
connections) unless a given event specifies otherwise.

Made optional return of PackageList parameter explicit in the MGCI
section (used with error code 518). Also corrected return parameter
table in Section 3.3.

Clarified LocalConnectionOptions parameters to return for
AuditConnection.

Added new error codes 410, 505, and 506.

Clarified default values for resource reservation parameters in
ModifyConnection (Section 2.7).

Clarified that quoted-strings are UTF-8 encoded and freely
interchangeable with their unquoted form (and vice versa), provided they
adhere to the grammar.

Clarified that both the local endpoint name part and the domain name
part of an endpoint identifier can be up 255 characters.

Clarified that connection parameter values that reach the max value will
remain fixed at that value (no wrap or overflow).

Clarified bit-ordering for the Type of Service LocalConnectionOption.

Updated retransmission procedure to take recent domain name resolution
into account between different endpoints on a gateway in order to reduce
DNS load and delay.

Clarifed that the list of ObservedEvents is not processed again when an
embedded RQNT is activated.

Rewrote section on Transactional Semantics to make it clearer.

Fixed service-state error for graceful RSIP with a zero delay in Section
4.4.5 (should be in-service, not out-of-service).

Corrected a few minor errors in grammar (thanks to Harald Alvestrand's
ABNF checker at http://www.ops.ietf.org/abnf). Also removed 32 character
length restriction on "LocalOptionExtensionValue" and "algorithmName".

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco