Subject: Re: [Megaco] RE: Default values of reserved value and reserved group

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:23:12 +0530

Hi all,
     There is another ambiguity in the Bearer Characteristics (BCP) package
given in Q.1950
in the following property.Can anyone tell me what should be the ENUM for
the BNC Characteristics value  IP/RTP ?
Should it be "IP" or "RTP" or "IP_RTP" or "IP/RTP". Also what is the intend
of keeping such a value?

regards/
Amit Kalra
(Megaco Stack Development Team)
Hughes Software Systems
Gurgaon, INDIA

Properties

3.1.1 BNC Characteristics

      Property Name: BNC Characteristics
      PropertyID: 0x01, BNCChar
      Description: Defines the characteristics of the bearer network
      connection.
      Type: Enumeration
      Possible Values: The following table is based on the BNC
      Characteristics values and encodings defined in Q.765.5 Section
      11.1.9.

|---------------------+--------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|
|                     |                    |                                                           |
|                     |                    |                                                           |
| BNC Characteristics |   Q.765.5 binary   |                       Text encoding                       |
|        value        |      encoding      |                                                           |
|                     |                    |                                                           |
|---------------------+--------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|
|                     |                    |                                                           |
| AAL type 1          | 0x001              | Aal1                                                      |
|                     |                    |                                                           |
|---------------------+--------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|
|                     |                    |                                                           |
| AAL2 type 2         | 0x002              | Aal2                                                      |
|                     |                    |                                                           |
|---------------------+--------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|
|                     |                    |                                                           |
| Structured AAL1     | 0x003              | aal1_struct                                               |
|                     |                    |                                                           |
|---------------------+--------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|
|                     |                    |                                                           |
| IP/RTP              | 0x004              | IP/RTP                                                    |
|                     |                    |                                                           |
|                     |                    |           The binary version is encoded as per Q.765.5    |
|                     |                    | Section 11.1.9.                                           |
|                     |                    |                                                           |
|---------------------+--------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 11:26:16 +1000

Hello Amit,

It should be encoded as it is written IP/RTP.
The intention of the Bearer Characteritics value is to indicate a preference for
the transport to be used for user data in bearer.

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 11:26:16 +1000

Hello Amit,

Regards, Christian