Subject: RE: [Megaco] Sending tones via the other subscriber's ephemeral

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:11:23 -0400

I wanted to address one specific process issue, snipped out from the rest of
your note.  The SIPPING WG, with the support of the ADs, is defining
standards track documentation describing how to use SIP for various
services.  This was initiated partly in response to SG 11 needs for
standardized usages.  We might be able to persuade the IESG to let us do the
same if the need becomes evident.

As for "errors" in the call flow documentation, please call them out by all
means, and we'll get them fixes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Varney [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 6:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Sending tones via the other subscriber's ephemeral

[snip]

    It is my impression that IETF does not recognize standards-track 
documents specifying non-protocol or implementation issues (such as the 
provision of ringback and cut-through of media channels in a system using 
Megaco and SIP together), so we'll probably continue to see a series of 
"callflow" documents generated by SIP, Megaco, and other groups.  Since 
they are just examples (and short-lived drafts), it will be difficult (and 
frustrating) to try to keep up with all of them.

    Eventually, testing and the real world will resolve any "misleading" 
issues, but there won't be any long-lived IETF documents describing call 
flows for newer users.  They too will learn by doing/testing.  Or do I 
mis-understand the IETF process?

Al Varney

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 13:05:10 -0400

Hi All,
In the call flows we illustrated one of the many possible ways a MGC can
control the MG. If any of the flows are not in compliance with any existing
protocol, or has errors, please bring to our notice. We will make the
necessary changes.
But as Terry Anderson pointed, its up to the MGC to choose the way it
manages its MGs.

Regards
Madhubabu Brahmanapally.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Tom-PT Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 10:11 AM
To: 'Al Varney'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Sending tones via the other subscriber's ephemeral

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Varney [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 6:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Sending tones via the other subscriber's ephemeral

[snip]

Al Varney

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses and is clean.]

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 13:05:10 -0400

Hi All,

Regards
Madhubabu Brahmanapally.

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Varney [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 6:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Sending tones via the other subscriber's ephemeral

[snip]

Al Varney