Subject: [Megaco] Query regarding Enhanced Alerting Package in MEGACO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:06:37 +0530

Hi Kevin/Brown/List,

There is one signal in the package "Analog Display Signalling Packages" in the
document "draft-boyle-megaco-alerting-03.txt" called as "Generic Data Signalling
(data)". The queries for this signal item are as follows.

Q1. It is mentioned for the signal that it could be used for the data messages
(except Alerting) related to ADSI, MWI, "Advice of Charge", and SMS etc. However
there is no signal parameter to identify that whether data is meant for ADSI,
MWI, AOC or SMS (for that matter any other kind of data).

-  Now the concern is that is MG not required to know that what kind of generic
data is being sent across in the protocol message??

-  In other words, if MG is transparent to the type of data, does it mean that
the mechanism by which MG application would transmit this data to the CPE would
be the same for any kind of generic data signalling?? In case of Caller ID, the
example given in the package states about two type of message constructs (SDMF
and MDMF). Would the type of message parameter embedded in the message in either
of the constructs help the MG to identify the type of data, in the case of
Generic Data Signalling??

Q2. There is one more parameter in the above specified signal ID, which is
"Terminal Alerting Signal" (TAS). As I am not clear about the various mechansims
of terminal alerting specified thererof, would these TAS method somehow convey
the type of data which is forthcoming or is it completely independent of that ??

Q3. In case, "Generic Data Signalling (data)" is being used for MWI, then the
query is whether the MWI feature mentioned in the document applies to both Audio
MWI and Visual MWI or either of them?? In either of these MWI methods, I think
"data" parameter should be passed as NULL. But in this scenario, would the TAS
method be specific for the respective AMWI and that the VMWI features
implementation since one is the offhook signalling case and the second one is
the onhook signalling case?? Or is it dependent on the case to case basis??

Please do clarify.

Thanks and Regards,
MEGACO Team
www. hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco