Subject: [Megaco] Error In Section 12.2?

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 19:19:47 -0400

I'm working on getting 3015corr in shape for people to comment on, so we can
issue it as a replacement to RFC 3015.  (It is based on H.248(.1) Amendment
1 as approved recently.)  I've just discovered an error going back to the
first approved edition of the Implementor's Guide.  The IG points out that
if new tokens are added to sigParameter or eventParameter, they could
collide with package identifiers.  As a result, the prefixes SPA and EPA
respectively were reserved for the potential new tokens (which AFAIK would
only come about through a base protocol update).  The other half should have
been to prevent package names from starting with these prefixes.
Unfortunately, 12.2 instead talks about parameter names, addressing the
wrong target.

I've been confused by this stuff before, so Terry and Troy (I think these
were the originators) should double check.

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco