Subject: [Megaco] About "failover"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:10:09 +0900

Hi, List.

In Section 7.2.8, 
"6)failover : sent from MG to MGC to indicate the primary MG is out of
service and a secondary MG is taking over.
>>>>This serviceChange method is also sent from the MG to the MGC when the
MG detects that MGC has failed.<<<<"

And In Section 11.4, it explains "failover" operation due to "MG failure" a
little bit.
It deals with the situation which the failing MG can send ServiceChange to
its controlling MGC.

but, what's going on if the failing MG can not send any Message and the
secondary MG take over?

What should the secondary MG do?
1) send ServiceChange in the same way the failing MG does?
   (I mean that method="failover", reason="MG impending failure",
    Actually, I'm wondering that the secondary MG can do in that way as
described above)
    
2) alternatives?

TIA.