Subject: [Megaco] SDP usage: "v=" line

From: Susumu YAMAMOTO <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:48:24 +0900

Hi all,

Could you tell me how we use "v=" line of the SDP sent to the MG ?

According to the section 7.1.8 of the MEGACO, we could read that
"v=" lines are optional in the case of only single session descriptions
sent to the MG.

---(quotation from 7.1.8)---
"When multiple session descriptions are provided in one descriptor,
the "v=" lines are required as  delimiters; otherwise they are optional
in session descriptions sent to the MG."
------------------------

Is it correct ?

I believe that a "v=" line shall always be placed at the forefront of the
session descriptions regardless of a single description or multiple
descriptions within one descriptor.

I think that only "v=" lines used as delimiters in the case of multiple
session description shall be optional, and that the "v=" line placed at
the forefront of the SDP shall be mandatory.

Please let me know the correct specification.

Thanks,

Susumu

-*-*-*-
SUSUMU YAMAMOTO, NTT Corporation

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco