Subject: [Megaco] Enhanced Alerting Packages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:26:25 +0530

Hi Kelvin/List,

I am once again posting my Query as it was not answered at all.

I had gone through "Enhanced Alerting Packages for Megaco" given in
draft_boyle_megaco_alerting_03.txt.

Pls. clarify whether "Alert Package" is a Virtual package or Non Virtual
Package. Means

1) Is  Alert Package alone can be loaded on a termination ?

2) or Analog Display Signaling Package (which extends Alert package) can be
loaded on the termination, but Alert package can not be loaded ?

Thanks in advance,
Ashish Singh
Hughes Software Systems
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:25:22 -0400

The packages are not virtual.

Yes, alert can be on a term with andisp.

The packages are independent of each other, however, andisp extends alert,
so that if you support andisp, you support the functionality in alert by
default (either addressed through the andisp package or the alert package).

And, by the way, my name is Kevin, not Kelvin.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 3:56 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3R90:EXCH]; [email-masked]
Subject: Enhanced Alerting Packages

Hi Kelvin/List,

Thanks in advance,
Ashish Singh
Hughes Software Systems
www.hssworld.com

---

From: "Kevin Boyle"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:25:22 -0400

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 3:56 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3R90:EXCH]; [email-masked]
Subject: Enhanced Alerting Packages

Hi Kelvin/List,

Thanks in advance,
Ashish Singh
Hughes Software Systems
www.hssworld.com