Subject: [Megaco] Meaning of '$'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:22:27 +0530

HI list,
In RFC 3108 what is the meaning of "m = audio $ AAL1/ATMF 0" line in local
descriptor for ATM termination send to MG.
Does this means MG has to choose the virtual connection id or network has to
choose this.
Also what is the meaning of "-" for virtual connection id. Does this means that
network has to choose the virtual connection id.

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:38:02 -0400

I have some answers, but I don't think they will help much.  $ means that
the MGC wants the MG to supply the virtual connection ID.  The MG may
specify it itself or get it from the network, depending on very specific
circumstances.

"-" means that the connection ID is irrelevant. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 12:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Meaning of '$'

HI list,
Also what is the meaning of "-" for virtual connection id. Does this means
that

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:38:02 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 12:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Meaning of '$'

HI list,

Regards,
Siddhartha Sharma