Subject: [Megaco] How MGC and MG communicate

From: Anish Nema <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:50:16 +0500 (GMT+0500)

Hi floks,
My name is Anish and I am an Indian. This is my first mail. I am working
with an Indian Telecom R&D company. We want to support megaco in our ATM
switch. My question is 
1. Is Megaco an API specification or a signalling statndard.
-> I mean in order to support megaco to communicate between MGC and MG, we
need to send signalling message, if so, how will the signalling stack
look like. 
or
-> MGC and MG will communicate with each other using API which is being
specified in H.248/megaco.
anish nema

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Balasubramanian Pitchandi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:32:31 -0400

Hello,

Megaco is a Gateway Control Protocol between media gateways and media
gateway controllers. It's a means by which the MGC can instruct the
gateways to setup and tear down connections among other activities.

The APIs that are mentioned are actually commands (and/or responses) to
be sent across the MG-MGC interface. If you look at section 7.2, it
clearly states that these APIs are not intended for implementation
purposes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Bala

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Anish Nema
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 12:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] How MGC and MG communicate

Hi floks,
-> I mean in order to support megaco to communicate between MGC and MG,
we

---

From: "Balasubramanian Pitchandi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:32:31 -0400

Hello,

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Bala

-----Original Message-----

Hi floks,