Subject: [Megaco] DigitMap descriptor namespaces

From: "David Barr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:01:43 +0100

Hello megaco list,

The H.248 spec states:
"DigitMaps defined on the root Termination are global and can be used on
every Termination in the MG, provided that a DigitMap with the same name has
not been defined on the given Termination."

Are the global and per-termination DigitMap namespaces shared or separate?
Do per-termination DigitMap names take precedence over global names?

Examples:

(1) If the MGC defines a DigitMap (named DialPlan0) on root, how should the
MG behave if the MGC then attempts to define a DigitMap with the same name
(DialPlan0) on one particular termination.  Should the MG reject the attempt
(error code?), or should this new definition take precedence over the global
DialPlan0 for that particular termination.

(2) If the MGC defines a DigitMap (named DialPlan1) on a particular
termination, how should the MG behave if the MGC then attempts to define a
DigitMap with the same name (DialPlan1) on root.  Should the MG reject the
attempt (error code?), or should it be accepted even though the previously
defined per-termination DialPlan1 will take precedence for that particular
termination.

(3) If the MGC defines a DigitMap (named DialPlan2) on root, how should the
MG behave if the MGC then attempts to delete a DigitMap with the same name
(DialPlan2) on one particular termination.  Should the MG reject the attempt
(error code?), or should the DigitMap be deleted for just that termination
-- i.e. all other terminations will still have that DigitMap?

Thanks,
David Barr
Nortel Networks

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:09:32 +0530

Hi David,

My comments are embedded and marked with AS>>> .

Thanks N Regards
Ashish Singh
Hughes Software Systesm
www.hssworld.com

"David Barr" <[email-masked]> on 06/25/2002 07:31:43 PM

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Ashish Singh/HSS)

Subject:  [Megaco] DigitMap descriptor namespaces

Hello megaco list,

The H.248 spec states:

Examples:

AS>>> Digitmap defined on per-termination takes precedence over global digitmap
(i.e. digitmap defined on ROOT tremination).

AS>>> MG should accept the request to define DigitMap with the same name
(DialPlan1) on root. But per-termination DialPlan1 will take precedence for
that particular termination.

AS>>> MG should reject the request with Error code 520 "Media Gateway does not
have Digitmap" since
this digitmap is defined on ROOT and not on the particular termination.

Thanks,
David Barr
Nortel Networks

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:09:32 +0530

Hi David,

Thanks N Regards
Ashish Singh
Hughes Software Systesm
www.hssworld.com

Hello megaco list,

The H.248 spec states:

Examples:

Thanks,
David Barr
Nortel Networks