Subject: [Megaco] Section 8.3 Messages - MID

From: "Chuong N. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:30:02 -0500

In 3015corr and H.248v2, section 8.3 Messages, the following was added

An H.248.1 entity
   (MG/MGC) must consistently use the same MID in all messages it
   originates for the duration of control association with the peer
   (MGC/MG).

Does this imply that if MG/MGC receives a msg that does not have the
same MID,
an error should be returned to the sender?

Is this necessary?
What is the point in this?

From previous discussions Tom had indicated

The MId simply labels incoming messages so they can be correlated with
an active association.  It should not be considered to be any part of a
security
scheme.

What if MGC can correlate w/an active association w/o using MID, does
MGC still needs to validate this parameter?
IF MGC does, what error code should be returned?

If this error occurs, MG will consistently get the same error back from
MGC.
What should the MG do - Try to register w/another MGC?

IF MGC uses MID as an active association correlation and MGC detects
that the MID is incorrect,
how can MGC response back when it can't determine what the MID is.
That is MGC would not be able to tell if the Gwy it has an active
association w/the MG.

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****