Subject: [Megaco] Transaction Processing

From: "Cooper, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:42:10 -0400

Hi all,

Suppose that the first command in a transaction (containing 2 commands) fails.  It is not marked 'optional'.  

According to section 8, the processing of commands within that transaction stops. 
Also according to section 8, a transaction reply should contain the return values for commands that executed successfully, and the command(s) and error descriptor(s) for commands that failed. 

Is the second command in the transaction deemed to have 'failed'?  If so, what error code should be used?  If not, does that mean that the sender must know that the failure of the first command implies that the second command will never see a response?

Thanks,

Eric Cooper
Mitel Networks.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:53:08 -0400

The second command is ignored in the reply.  The requestor understands this
command was never processed when it finds the error descriptor for the first
command.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cooper, Eric [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 1:42 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] Transaction Processing

Hi all,

Suppose that the first command in a transaction (containing 2 commands)
fails.  It is not marked 'optional'.  

According to section 8, the processing of commands within that transaction
stops. 
Also according to section 8, a transaction reply should contain the return
values for commands that executed successfully, and the command(s) and error
descriptor(s) for commands that failed. 

Is the second command in the transaction deemed to have 'failed'?  If so,
what error code should be used?  If not, does that mean that the sender must
know that the failure of the first command implies that the second command
will never see a response?

Thanks,

Eric Cooper
Mitel Networks.

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:53:08 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Cooper, Eric [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 1:42 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] Transaction Processing

Hi all,

Thanks,

Eric Cooper
Mitel Networks.