Subject: [Megaco] Question related to SG, MGC and MG

From: Xin Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:07:01 +0100

Hi, 

As a beginner of learning megaco, there are some questions I have in mind.

To my understanding:

The MGC must also be the signalling gateway or have the signalling gateway
function, is it correct?

Do the MGC and MG have to be in the same network (Domain)? Does Megaco
support inter-domain control? What I mean is that can I use Megaco to
control a MG which is not in my domain?

From transcoding's point of view, is it a safe assumption that the
transcoding will be performed in the same network in  which the signalling
gateway resides?

Thanks

Xin Chen
Mobile Network Architecture
Fujitsu Laborratories of Europe
Tel: +44(0)2086064453
E-mail: [email-masked]