Subject: [Megaco] MEGACO mib - doubts

From: Nuno Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:34:31 +0100

Hi, 

 I found the mib-03 draft hard to read. I have a few questions:

1 - As far as I have understood this mib is referring only to the MG. What
about MGC mib?

2 - medGwyGatewayConfigTable:
 - the description of the medGwayGatewayConfigEntry object says "Entry
holding info about a group of MGCs sharing the same signalling link". Is
this signalling link the SIGTRAN link? Is it possible to have several MGCs
sharing the same signalling link? What for?

3 - medGwyGatewayStatsTable:
- the medGwyGatewayTransportNumLosses refers a transport link. Is this the
SIGTRAN link?

4- There's a reference in the medGwyPropertyProfileTable to package mibs. Is
there any info about this?

5 - The distribution of functionality between MEGACO and SNMP is also not
very clear to me. It seems there is some overlapping. What do you think?

 Thanks ahead. Nuno.

PS: is there any other good source of information for understanding the
megaco mib? management requirements, other mails, ...

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Balasubramanian Pitchandi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:37:10 -0400

Hello,

Please see my responses below [BP].

Thanks,
Bala
 
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Nuno Silva
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 7:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Nuno Silva
Subject: [Megaco] MEGACO mib - doubts

Hi, 

1 - As far as I have understood this mib is referring only to the MG.
What
about MGC mib?
[BP] Yes, that's correct. I am working on putting a new MIB which would
have two different MIBs - one for Media Gateway and the other for Media
Gateway Controller.

2 - medGwyGatewayConfigTable:
 - the description of the medGwayGatewayConfigEntry object says "Entry
holding info about a group of MGCs sharing the same signalling link". Is
this signalling link the SIGTRAN link? Is it possible to have several
MGCs
sharing the same signalling link? What for?
[BP] It refers to any type of signaling that could exist between the
MGCs. It could be SIGTRAN if that's the case in your implementation.

3 - medGwyGatewayStatsTable:
- the medGwyGatewayTransportNumLosses refers a transport link. Is this
the
SIGTRAN link?
[BP] Same as above.

4- There's a reference in the medGwyPropertyProfileTable to package
mibs. Is
there any info about this?
[BP] The package MIBs are still to be developed.

5 - The distribution of functionality between MEGACO and SNMP is also
not
very clear to me. It seems there is some overlapping. What do you think?
[BP] Yes, there is some overlapping. Its being worked on.

 Thanks ahead. Nuno.

[BP] Megaco MIB is a work in progress and I along with the help of the
Megaco community would come up with a new and improved version of the
MIB soon.

---

From: "Balasubramanian Pitchandi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:37:10 -0400

Hello,

Thanks,
Bala
 
-----Original Message-----

Hi, 

 Thanks ahead. Nuno.

---

From: "Watson Ding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 10:05:59 +0800

hi all,

I've got two questions about megaco mib:

1, Why doesn't megaco mib(draft-ietf-megaco-mib-03.txt) support configuring and querying the codec type(binary or text) and transport type(tcp or udp) of MEGACO? I can't find any information in draft-ietf-megaco-mib-03.txt?

2, are there any suggestions about the profile, something like how to define value of the index, see below:
in draft-ietf-megaco-mib-03.txt, the following paragraph

   MedGwyPropertyProfileEntry ::= SEQUENCE 
   { 
       medGwyPropertyProfileId             Integer32,          -- na 
       medGwyPropertyProfileIndex          Integer32,          -- na 
       medGwyPropertyProfileProperty       AutonomousType,     -- rc 
       medGwyTermPropertyProfileStatus     RowStatus           -- rc 
   } 

how can I decide the value of medGwyPropertyProfileIndex? are there any suggestions? would you please give some examples?

Regards.

Watson. Ding.

---

From: "Watson Ding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 10:05:59 +0800

hi all,

Regards.

Watson. Ding.