Subject: [Megaco] Wildcard of packages containing digit map completion events

From: "David Barr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:41:03 +0100

Hello megaco list,

Section 7.1.14.8 states:
"Note that if a package contains a digit map completion event, then an event
specification consisting of the package name with a wildcarded ItemID
(Property Name) will activate a digit map  -- to that end the event
specification must include an eventDM field according to section 7.1.14.6.
If the package also contains the digit events themselves, this form of event
specification will cause the individual events to be reported to the MGC as
they are detected."

I conclude from this paragraph that:
(1) Requesting Events{dd/*} is illegal.  One must use
Events{dd/*{DigitMap=dialplan0}}.  Is this correct?
(2) Requesting Events{dd/*{DigitMap=dialplan0}} will detect and report both
digitmap and individual digits in parallel.  Is this correct?

What if the MGC only wants to detect individual digits, i.e. not use a digit
map?  How does it do this?
(a) Events{dd/*} is illegal (... it didn't used to be illegal with the
original H.248 spec.)
(b) Events{dd/*{DigitMap={}} is not allowed by the ABNF
(c) Does this mean one must use
Events{dd/d0,dd/d1,dd/d2,dd/d3,dd/d4,dd/d5,dd/d6,dd/d7,dd/d8,dd/d9,dd/da,dd/
db,dd/dc,dd/dd,dd/de,dd/df}?  Not very efficient is it? 

Was this the intention of the above paragraph?

Thanks,
David Barr
Nortel Networks