Subject: [Megaco] about CallerID

From: "zhong hua" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:27:30 +0800

How to specify the fashion of send CallerID to Analogue line(e.g. FSK or DTMF)?
Thanks

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Miao, Kai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 08:08:43 -0400

Specified in GR-30 from Telcordia (uses V.23).

-----Original Message-----
From: zhong hua [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 4:28 AM
To: megaco
Subject: [Megaco] about CallerID

How to specify the fashion of send CallerID to Analogue line(e.g. FSK or
DTMF)?
Thanks

---

From: "Miao, Kai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 08:08:43 -0400

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:40:40 -0400

Not necessarily.  How Caller ID is sent to the set is a function of what
region you are in.  For example, you send DTMF digits in Brazil, while NA
uses data transmission as specified in GR-30-CORE.  Implementers should
consult the relevant feature requirements for the particular region of
interest.

Please note that the GRs published by Telcordia apply ONLY to the US and
Canada.  There are many folks on this list that are implementing for regions
other than North America.  Making blanket statements about how to implement
features is confusing to those who are not interested in the North American
market.

Kevin

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:40:40 -0400

Kevin

---

From: Pellegrino Jose Luis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:51:44 -0300

In Europe and some countries of Soud America like Argentina, Chile, Perú,
and others, the ETSI version (ETS 300659-1) is used for CLIP delivery,
instead of Telcordia one.

This is very similar to the american version. In fact it differs only in the
carrier used for the FSK signal. 

If I am right , Kevin is one of  the authors of  "Enhanced Alerting Packages
for Megaco/H.248" wich was published last year in the IETF. This document is
the first one about MEGACO in wich somethig about ETSI protocol is
metionated.

 Jose Luis
PD sorry for my english, you know, I speak Spanish

> -----Mensaje original-----
> De:	Kevin Boyle [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Enviado el:	Viernes 7 de Junio de 2002 14:41
> Para:	Miao, Kai; 'zhong hua'; megaco
> Asunto:	RE: [Megaco] about CallerID
>

---

From: Pellegrino Jose Luis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:51:44 -0300

Jose Luis