Subject: [Megaco] Megaco Call Flow

From: "Deepan Pavendranathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:22:46 +1000

Hi list,

I was confused about a particular issue relating to the RGW to RGW call flow in Megaco.

On page 5 of the <draft-madhu-megaco-callflows-00> document, the RGW-to-RGW call flow it indicates that the User A (the calling party) is sent the ringback tone before User B’s (the called party) phone starts ringing.

|            |           |           |                   |

|----------->|           |           |                   |

|User Dials Digits       |           |                   |

|            |---------->|           |                   |

|            |Notify digits          |                   |

|            |<----------|           |                   |

|            |Notify Response        |                   |

|            |<----------|           |                   |

|            | Add TermA SD:ringbacktone                 |

|            | Add $, Local SDP Info -underspecified     |

|<-----------|           |           |                   |

|RingBack Tone           |           |                   |

|            |---------->|           |                   |

|            |Modify Resp TermA      |                   |

|            |Add Resp Local SDP (Specified)             |

|            |           |---------->|                   |

|            |           |Add TermB SD:Ring ED:offhook   |

|            |           |Add $ Local(Underspecified)    |

|            |           |     Remote SDP (Specified)    |

|            |           |           |                   |

|            |           |           |------------------>|

|            |           |           | UserB Phone Ringing

Is this correct?

How can the MGC know that User B is available? Maybe I have overlooked something.

Thanks in advance.

Deepan Paven

School of EE&T

University of New South Wales

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:21:29 -0400

HI Deepan,
In that example, the same MGC is controlling the Residential gateways RGW1
and RGW2. The status of the users are already known to the MGC. Hence
ringback tone is generated immediately. Hope this helps.
Regards
Madhubabu Brahmanapally.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Deepan Pavendranathan
  Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 1:23 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [Megaco] Megaco Call Flow

  Hi list,

  I was confused about a particular issue relating to the RGW to RGW call
flow in Megaco.

  On page 5 of the <draft-madhu-megaco-callflows-00> document, the
RGW-to-RGW call flow it indicates that the User A (the calling party) is
sent the ringback tone before User B's (the called party) phone starts
ringing.

        |            |           |           |                   |

        |----------->|           |           |                   |

        |User Dials Digits       |           |                   |

        |            |---------->|           |                   |

        |            |Notify digits          |                   |

        |            |<----------|           |                   |

        |            |Notify Response        |                   |

        |            |<----------|           |                   |

        |<-----------|           |           |                   |

        |RingBack Tone           |           |                   |

        |            |---------->|           |                   |

        |            |Modify Resp TermA      |                   |

        |            |           |---------->|                   |

        |            |           |           |                   |

  Is this correct?

  How can the MGC know that User B is available? Maybe I have overlooked
something.

  Thanks in advance.

  Deepan Paven

  School of EE&T

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
  Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here
  _______________________________________________ Megaco mailing list
[email-masked] https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco --- [This
E-mail was scanned for viruses and is clean.]

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:21:29 -0400

HI Deepan,
  -----Original Message-----

  Hi list,

        |            |           |           |                   |

        |----------->|           |           |                   |

        |User Dials Digits       |           |                   |

        |            |---------->|           |                   |

        |            |Notify digits          |                   |

        |            |<----------|           |                   |

        |            |Notify Response        |                   |

        |            |<----------|           |                   |

        |<-----------|           |           |                   |

        |RingBack Tone           |           |                   |

        |            |---------->|           |                   |

        |            |Modify Resp TermA      |                   |

        |            |           |---------->|                   |

        |            |           |           |                   |

  Is this correct?

  Thanks in advance.

  Deepan Paven

  School of EE&T