Subject: [Megaco] about ephemeral termination

From: "zhong hua" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:45:54 +0800

how does media gateway choose the IP address and port number of a ephemeral termination ?
if I want to  specify the address of voice media stream,which do this ,MGC of MG?
thanks

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Watson Ding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:46:27 +0800

MG choose the local port number,and the local IP is fixed. The remote IP and port can be got from MGC,which is choosen by the remote MG.

---

From: "Watson Ding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:46:27 +0800

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 12:11:59 -0400

It's actually more flexible than this. Just like terminationId, MGC can
specify values of IPAddr and port, or can under or overspecify using
wildcards and letting MG choose. Of course if the MG has only one NIC
then there is really no choice for local IPAddr, but the same may apply
if the MG has multiple NICs. I would think that the most common practice
for ephemerals is to use CHOOSE in Local and allow MG to choose both
IPAddr and port, and to fully specify in Remote (using values obtained
from the peer MG) but there certainly are other possible ways.

-- 

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked] 
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016 
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 12:11:59 -0400

--