Subject: [Megaco] ABNF doesn't support AuditCapabilities of inbuilt properties of T erminationState and LocalControl descriptors

From: "David Barr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:42:30 +0100

Hello megaco list,

If an AuditCapabilities of the Media descriptor is requested, then the MG is
required (amongst other things) to return the possible values of the
"inbuilt" properties in the TerminationState and LocalControl descriptors,
i.e. ServicesStates, EventBufferControl,  Mode, ReserveGroup, ReserveValue.

However the ABNF in H.248v1 doesn't seem to allow multiple values to be
returned for these "inbuilt" properties.

E.g.
auditReturnParameter = (mediaDescriptor / ... etc ...)
mediaDescriptor = MediaToken LBRKT mediaParm *(COMMA mediaParm) RBRKT
mediaParm = (... etc ... / terminationStateDescriptor)
terminationStateDescriptor = TerminateStateToken LBRKT terminationStateParm
*( COMMA terminationStateParm ) RBRKT
terminationStateParm = (propertyParm / serviceStates / eventBufferControl)
serviceStates = ServiceStatesToken EQUAL ( TestToken / OutOfSvcToken /
InSvcToken)

As can be seen, serviceStates only allows one value, when AuditCapabilities
should be able to return all 3 in a list.

Thanks,
David Barr
Nortel Networks