Subject: RE: [Megaco] draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-01.txt

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:47:03 -0400

The theory behind this characterization is that the audio and video get
separated out only after passing through the demultiplexing operation
represented by the multiplexing termination.  Before that they are mixed
together in unknown proportions, so you have to treat what comes in on a
supporting bearer as a raw stream of bits.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2002 11:44 PM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:B602:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: re: [Megaco] draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-01.txt

hi,tom and all
   i am reading this new rfc.i have a question about multiplexing
termination.
   the following text appear at 6.2 clause

   "Each bearer Termination supports only a
   single data stream.  These data streams do not appear explicitly as
   streams on the multiplexing Termination and they are hidden from the
   rest of the context. "

   why limit a bearer termination with only a single data stream?as i
know,a digital channel in h.221 frame can have two kind of media,such as
audio and video.
   i am not clear about the purpose of this paragraph.

   please give me some explain.

regards

wu.y.m

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco