Subject: [Megaco] before receive Notify(seize) from Trunk Gateway(R2)

From: "Ryan Cho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:04:44 +0900 (KST)

1-1. Before the call is initiated from trunk gateway by R2 signaling,  we don't know which trunk and which circuit of the trunk is involved in the signaling. And any circuit of trunks might be prepared for accept NOTIFY-SEIZE by MODIFYing to enable R2 evnet such as SEIZE. So I think we should initialize all physical termination (Trunk) when start up. 
Right ? 
1-2. And for this procedure, how can I know the termination ID of all physical terminations (trunks and circuits of trunks) ???

1-3. And to send seize signal through one of physical terminations which already enabled event 'seize ack', should we disable that events and embeded signals?

2. Can we set event & signal descriptors into ADD command? that is, we can set event and signal descriptors allocating terminations and context by ADD command ???

Regards,

Ryan

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:09:11 +0530

Ryan,

Please find the reponses inline.

regards,
Kushanava

>>1-1. Before the call is initiated from trunk gateway by R2 signaling,  we
don't know which trunk and which circuit of >>the trunk is involved in the
signaling. And any circuit of trunks might be prepared for accept NOTIFY-SEIZE
by >>MODIFYing to enable R2 evnet such as SEIZE. So I think we should initialize
all physical termination (Trunk) when >>start up.
>>Right ?

Right. If the trunks at MG support incoming calls, all terminations should be
'initialized' to enable 'seize' detection and notification.

>>1-2. And for this procedure, how can I know the termination ID of all physical
terminations (trunks and circuits of >>trunks) ???

The 'names' of terminations are provisioned identically at MG and MGC.

>>1-3. And to send seize signal through one of physical terminations which
already enabled event 'seize ack', should we >>disable that events and embeded
signals?

The attempted call needs to be first cleared and then seize 'signal' applied.

>>2. Can we set event & signal descriptors into ADD command? that is, we can set
event and signal descriptors >>allocating terminations and context by ADD
command ???

Yes

Regards,

Ryan

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:09:11 +0530

Ryan,

regards,
Kushanava

Yes

Regards,

Ryan