Subject: [Megaco] ObservedEvents returned by AuditValue

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:39:20 +0200

"Used with the AuditValue command, the ObservedEventsDescriptor returns
events in the event buffer which have not been Notified. ObservedEvents
contains the RequestIdentifier of the EventsDescriptor that triggered the
notification".

1.  Events in the event buffer are not associated with a RequestIdentifier.
Yet the ABNF does not allow the RequestIdentifier to be omitted.  So what
should the MG do for RequestIdentifier?

"If the ObservedEventsDescriptor is audited while a DigitMap is active, the
returned ObservedEvents descriptor also includes a digit map completion
event that shows the current dial string but does not show a termination
method".

2.  If no digits have been dialed since the digit map completion event was
requested, should an empty dial string be returned?

3.  The digit map completion event presumably does not include a timestamp.
May it be placed anywhere in the list of observed events?  For example, if
it is convenient for my implementation, may I always place it first?

Raphael Tryster

---

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:33:36 +0200

G'Day Christian,

You can audit the EventBuffer descriptor, but that will return the events
that are requested to be buffered, not those that have actually been
buffered.  As far as I can see, the ObservedEvents descriptor is the only
place where audit can return the actual buffered events.  I agree with you
that something is strange, because normally the events in the event buffer
are only candidates to become observed events, once a new event descriptor
is received.  But at that point, they will be notified and cease to exist,
so I guess the authors decided that for audit purposes, the ObservedEvents
descriptor was "available" for use with a slightly different meaning.

Raphael Tryster

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Christian Groves [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Monday, 26 August, 2002 6:04 AM
	To:	Raphael Tryster
	Cc:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	Re: [Megaco] ObservedEvents returned by AuditValue

	G'Day Raphael,

	You are allowed to audit the eventbuffer so it seems strange to
audit
	ObservedEventsDes to get the contents of the buffer. That aside,
requestID=0
	could be used for this purpose.

	Regards, Christian

	Raphael Tryster wrote:
	> 
	> "Used with the AuditValue command, the ObservedEventsDescriptor
returns events
	> in the event buffer which have not been Notified. ObservedEvents
contains the
	> RequestIdentifier of the EventsDescriptor that triggered the
notification".
	> returned ObservedEvents descriptor also includes a digit map
completion event
	> that shows the current dial string but does not show a termination
method".
	> May it be placed anywhere in the list of observed events?  For
example, if it
	> is convenient for my implementation, may I always place it first?
	> 
	> Raphael Tryster

---

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:33:36 +0200

G'Day Christian,

Raphael Tryster

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Christian Groves [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Monday, 26 August, 2002 6:04 AM
	To:	Raphael Tryster
	Cc:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	Re: [Megaco] ObservedEvents returned by AuditValue

	G'Day Raphael,

	Regards, Christian

returns events
contains the
notification".
completion event
method".
example, if it