Subject: [Megaco] Sending command response in SCTP Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:40:51 +0530

Hi,
     The protocol mandates that the command response are transmitted to the
source address of the command.In case of SCTP transport  ,for a multi-homed host
is it necessary to send command responses to the same source address ? Can the
response be sent over the same SCTP socket without mentioning the IP address?

Please clarify my doubt.

Thanks & regards
Rakhi
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:17:43 -0400

That seems reasonable.  The source address requirement is to simplify
working through NATs and firewalls.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 11:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Sending command response in SCTP Transport

Hi,
     The protocol mandates that the command response are transmitted to the
source address of the command.In case of SCTP transport  ,for a multi-homed
host
is it necessary to send command responses to the same source address ? Can
the
response be sent over the same SCTP socket without mentioning the IP
address?

Please clarify my doubt.

Thanks & regards
Rakhi
www.hssworld.com

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:17:43 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 11:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Sending command response in SCTP Transport

Hi,

Please clarify my doubt.

Thanks & regards
Rakhi
www.hssworld.com