Subject: [Megaco] ESA for MGs using Megaco

From: "Kathleen Jarosinski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:30:36 -0400

All,

	I have two questions for the group.

	1) One of the requirements for line gateways will be to do Emergency
Standlone Service (ESA). How will this be accomplished using the Megaco
protocol, which is essentially a "master-slave" type protocol? ESA requires
that the MG process emergency calls even after it loses it main connections
to the MGC. Normally, remote modules (MGs in the future) are able to switch
calls among the lines residing on that module after connections to the main
switch (MGC in the future) are lost.

	2) Megaco is a "chatty" protocol since it is based on MGCP. I am concerned
about the processing power which will be required in the MGC to handle this
protocol. Has anyone looked into this matter in any depth?

	I also have a request. I am making an assumption that the Megaco group will
be working with the MSF Forum when they do a Megaco interoperability trial
this fall. I would like to see the two above scenarios tested in this
interoperability trial. The second item above will require that some
substantial call load be placed between the MGC and the MG. Can this be
accomplished and is this the right group to make the request of?

Kathie Jarosinski
Verizon

Kathleen F. Jarosinski  -  [email-masked]
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
Verizon Technology Organization
320 St Paul Place
5th Floor
Baltimore, Md. 21202
PHONE: (410) 736-6109  FAX: (410) 736-5903

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco