Subject: [Megaco] New parameter for digit completion event

From: John Stock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:03:57 -0700

Hi all,

Would it be possible to add a new parameter to the digit completion event in
the DTMF Detection package?  I'd like to add a "Detection Method" parameter,
with possible values of "DTMF" or "DP" (Dial Pulse).  This is necessary for
an Access or Residential Gateway to inform the MGC which method was used,
for the purpose of passing this data along in the ISUP SS7 messages, in the
Operator Services Info in the SETUP message.

Is it feasible to get this added into this base package?  If so how can I go
about it?

It may seem odd for this parameter to be in this package, since the name of
the package is "DTMF detection", however the DigitMap Completion event is by
far the most appropriate place to put it.

Thanks.

John Stock
Systems Engineering
Advanced Fibre Communications
[email-masked]
707-792-6249

And now for the standard disclaimer (don't lawyers just make life fun?):

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the
named addressee(s), and may contain information that is legally privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the original sender
immediately by telephone or by return E-mail and delete this message, along
with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:16:12 -0400

It is certainly possible.  It would be a new version of the package 
(version 2), but I guess the issue is whether this is preferable or 
whether there should instead be a Dial Pulse Detection package with a ce 
even, say dpd/ce.  I assume that one would not expect a mix of digits: 
'1', '3', '2' by DTMF and then '5' by DP all contributing to one digit 
map match.  

Having separate packages allows MGC to determine which or whether both 
are supported (some MGs may not be able to detect both).  The dd package 
extends tonedet and the d0, etc events are assumed to be tones.  A DP 
package might have digit events but they would not really be tones (do 
A-F exist?).  

I think I would be more comfortable with a new package rather than a new 
version of dd for this.  Of course if an MGC wanted to activate 
detection of both it would need to add both events dd/ce and dpd/ce to 
the event list, then the Notify would indicate which event occurred.

-- 

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:16:12 -0400

--

---

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:48:50 -0400

I like the package approach too.

Also, note that 7.1.14.3 specifies that DigitMaps are not tied to DTMF
specifically, and that other signalling systems can add their own mappings
to "0" - "9" and "A" to "K".  Seems like packages were in the plan.

-troy

---

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:48:50 -0400

-troy