Subject: [Megaco] ObservedEvents returned by AuditValue

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:39:20 +0200

"Used with the AuditValue command, the ObservedEventsDescriptor returns
events in the event buffer which have not been Notified. ObservedEvents
contains the RequestIdentifier of the EventsDescriptor that triggered the
notification".

1.  Events in the event buffer are not associated with a RequestIdentifier.
Yet the ABNF does not allow the RequestIdentifier to be omitted.  So what
should the MG do for RequestIdentifier?

"If the ObservedEventsDescriptor is audited while a DigitMap is active, the
returned ObservedEvents descriptor also includes a digit map completion
event that shows the current dial string but does not show a termination
method".

2.  If no digits have been dialed since the digit map completion event was
requested, should an empty dial string be returned?

3.  The digit map completion event presumably does not include a timestamp.
May it be placed anywhere in the list of observed events?  For example, if
it is convenient for my implementation, may I always place it first?

Raphael Tryster

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:04:20 +1000

G'Day Raphael,

You are allowed to audit the eventbuffer so it seems strange to audit
ObservedEventsDes to get the contents of the buffer. That aside, requestID=0
could be used for this purpose.

Regards, Christian

Raphael Tryster wrote:
> 
> "Used with the AuditValue command, the ObservedEventsDescriptor returns events
> in the event buffer which have not been Notified. ObservedEvents contains the
> RequestIdentifier of the EventsDescriptor that triggered the notification".
> 
> returned ObservedEvents descriptor also includes a digit map completion event
> that shows the current dial string but does not show a termination method".
> 
> May it be placed anywhere in the list of observed events?  For example, if it
> is convenient for my implementation, may I always place it first?
> 
> Raphael Tryster

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:04:20 +1000

G'Day Raphael,

Regards, Christian