Subject: RE: [Megaco] difference between Cold Start and Registration

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:46:56 -0400

Hi.  Answers inline.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Cho [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 10:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] difference between Cold Start and Registration

Hi, 

1. I want to know the difference between "Cold Start" and "Registration" of
MG from the MGC's point of view. Does it depend on the presence of
'ServiceChangeAddress' parameter of SvcChange command ? 
[PTT]
In my personal view, for which I hope to gain consensus, the "Cold Start"
Reason is used to indicate that the MG is in initial state: all physical
terminations have default property values and are in the NULL context, and
only the NULL context exists.  This is independent of whether the MG had a
control association with this or another MGC.

"Registration" is defined by the fact that the MGC does not already have a
control association in progress with a device with the same MId.  This, of
course, raises the issue of potential MId collisions, and also of the need
for the MGC to authenticate the MG.
[/PTT]

2. In registration, if UDP is used as transport protocol, initial SvcChange
request with new port number in ServiceChangeAddress parameter is sent to
default port number. (this means MGC might open UDP (client) socket for new
MG's port) 
Is MGC alwalys send reply with new MGC port number in ServiceChangeAddress
? (and this means MGC might open another UDP (server) socket for new MGC
port number) 
[PTT] 
That depends on whether the MGC application prefers to demultiplex MG
requests at the transport layer or at the application layer (using MId).

2. Generally, the signal applied specific termination might be clear by
sending modify command with null signal descriptor such as Signals = {}.
What about event ? especially with embeded signal ? 

for example, 
suppose physical termination is applied event like this 

Modify = Trunk1/Line1 { 
Events = 100 {r2/sz Embed { Signals {r2/sa}, Events=101 { r2/clear Signals
{ r2/clear }, r2/address}} 
} 

the signal described below can be replaced without cancellation of signal ? 

Modify = Trunk1/Line1 { 
Signals = {r2/sz}, 
Events = 200 {r2/sa Embed {Signals {r2/address {si = 1234, di =
5678}},Events = 201 {r2/clear, r2/answer} 
} 
[PTT]
That depends on whether the signals are in progress as a result of
observing the event.  Assuming they are, clearing of the Events descriptor
has no effect.  But if event r2/sa has not been observed yet, the embedded
signals will not happen if the Events descriptor is cleared.

Thanks for your comment in advance. 

Ryan

���̹�-���ѹα� ��ǥ �˻�����, ���̹�
Ư���� e ������ ���� ��, ���׷��̵� ���̹� ����
http://www.naver.com

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Pascal Lambers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:47:46 +0200

Hello,

What can the MGC controller do with the ServiceChangeReason in a ServiceChange message that it receives from the MG? 

Nothing in the in the Megaco/H.248 spec (neither in version 1, nor in version 2) seems to determine how ServiceChangeReasons can be distinctive for the MGC.

Eg. When the MG sends a ServiceChange with ServiceChangeMethod Restart, the ServiceChangeReason can be 901 cold boot or 902 warm boot. Should the MGC behave differently in both cases, according to the spec?

Pascal

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Ryan Cho'" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 6:46 PM
Subject: RE: [Megaco] difference between Cold Start and Registration

> ³×ÀÌ¹ö-´ëÇÑ¹Î±¹ ´ëÇ¥ °Ë»öÆ÷ÅÐ, ³×ÀÌ¹ö
> Æ¯º°ÇÑ e ¸ÞÀÏÀ» ¿øÇÒ ¶©, ¾÷±×·¹ÀÌµå ³×ÀÌ¹ö ¸ÞÀÏ
> http://www.naver.com
>

---

From: "Pascal Lambers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:47:46 +0200

Hello,

Pascal