Subject: [Megaco] pre-configuration of MG at MGC

From: "Harry Suede" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:29:20 +0800

Hi Tom , Terry

is it necessary that the MG should be pre-configured at MGC? If no, how does MGC authorises and accepts MG dynamically. Which are the application domain where such pre-configuration is not possible and dynamic authorisation is a "must" requirement.

regards
harry
-- 
__________________________________________________________
Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:44:53 -0400

H.248 does not define how an MGC should decide whether to accept a 
registration attempt.  It is certainly possible for MGC to have a 
provisioned list of MGs and refuse registrations from any others, but it 
is also possible for MGC to accept any registration attempt.  The later 
may be a very reasonable approach on a private network (behind a 
firewall).  Ipsec can be used to authenticate MGs.  Since it is easier 
to manage MGs when the MGC has some provisioned information about them 
(termination naming conventions, etc) I suspect that most MGCs work with 
provisioned MG information, but this is certainly not a requirement in 
H.248.

-- 

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:44:53 -0400

--