Subject: RE: [Megaco] AuditValue on ALL Context Question

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:42:19 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Rutter [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 9:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Brad Steinka
Subject: [Megaco] AuditValue on ALL Context Question

I thought this was a simple one, anyone care to respond?
Thx,
Carl

I need a clarification on the following 2 scenarios:

1) AuditValue ALL Context on a specific Termination(which is in the NULL
Context)
    The reply should be on the ALL context with error 435 right?

[KJBII] Correct.

2) If the AuditValue was on the ALL Context and the Termination was
wildcarded to 
    say the T1 level(24) and say 21 of the 24 are in the NULL context, 
    Should the reply contain the 3 good replies and 21 435 Errors?  Or am I
missing
    something where you can omitt the 435s?  I ask this because I have seen
flows
    that don't show the 435s.

[KJBII] I don't see any use for returning 3 replies and then an error
(remember, processing halts once an error is detected!)  Also, this might be
only one good response, and an error, or possibly just an error, since the
order of wildcard matching is determined by the MG.  Given that this is the
case, different MGs may have different matching algorithms, and therefore
the reply will not be deterministic from MG to MG.  So, in my opinion, an
error should only be returned if there are NO matching wildcards.
Otherwise, return only the matches.

Thx,
Carl 

Carl Rutter
Telica, Inc.
Building G, Suite 100
734 Forest Street
Marlboro, MA 01752
Email [email-masked]
Voice 508-480-0909 x8178
Fax 508-480-0922 
www.telica.com

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Ron Stoughton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:52:50 -0400

RE: [Megaco] AuditValue on ALL Context Question
  2) If the AuditValue was on the ALL Context and the Termination was
wildcarded to
      say the T1 level(24) and say 21 of the 24 are in the NULL context,
      Should the reply contain the 3 good replies and 21 435 Errors?  Or am
I missing
      something where you can omitt the 435s?  I ask this because I have
seen flows
      that don't show the 435s.

  This is contrary to what other people have said on this thread -- e.g.,
see recent message from Christer Holmberg regarding "Context = * {
ServiceChange = DS1/3/1/* }" which requests a service change for all
timeslots on a particular DS1 interface.  It was his opinion that an error
should be returned for the first matching termination encountered which is
in the null context, and if the MG did not want the MGC to terminate
processing at the first error, the MG should set the command optional --
i.e., "O-ServiceChange".

  There needs to be a clear understanding on this, and I think the
understanding is far from clear at this stage.

  Ron Stoughton
  [email-masked]

---

From: Ron Stoughton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:52:50 -0400

Ron Stoughton
  [email-masked]