Subject: [Megaco] Digit Map Descriptor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:12:19 +0530

Hi List,

Lets suppose package xx is defined containing Completion Event. e.g. xx/ce

Package xx has defined events - X0, X1, X3, X4 which corresponds to digitmap
symbols A, B, C, D

Now If MGC sends 2 Modify commands on a physical termination in NULL context
1) Context = - {
           Modify = T10 {
                   DigitMap= Dialplan1 { ( ABC | ABEFJK )}
}}

2)  Context = - {
           Modify = T10 {
                   Events = { xx/ce {Digitmap=Dialplan1} }
}}

Whether 1st Modify command will be successful and digitmap will be defined on
the termination. But second modify command will be failed as Dial Plan contains
symbols that does not match to its events set of package xx.

Is this understanding correct?

Thanks in advance,
Ashish Singh
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:36:00 -0400

Why would it fail?  It just wouldn't be possible to match the second
alternative in the string.  If the digitmap were constructed in such a way
that there were NO possible matches, then it would immediately return an
empty completion event.

Now, that being said, I don't have a strong opinion as to whether this
should be an error or not.  If it is an error, which error would be
returned?  451?  Or should there be a new error code?

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 1:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Digit Map Descriptor

Hi List,

2)  Context = - {
           Modify = T10 {

Whether 1st Modify command will be successful and digitmap will be defined
on the termination. But second modify command will be failed as Dial Plan
contains symbols that does not match to its events set of package xx.

Thanks in advance,
Ashish Singh
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information  and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus.

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:36:00 -0400

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 1:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Digit Map Descriptor

Hi List,

2)  Context = - {
           Modify = T10 {

Thanks in advance,
Ashish Singh
www.hssworld.com