Subject: [Megaco] Multiple MGC interfaces vs list of MGC to try

From: "Chuong N. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:50:33 -0500

Hi all,

In MGCP, MGC can have multiple addresses that MG can determine by DNS.

In Megaco, we have list of MGC to try.

Was this intended to be cover multiple interfaces at MGC?

I think in the beginning ServiceChange Disconnected was intended for
this.
That is control association is not broken but there is loss of
communication (said via interface 1).
Therefore MG tries all the MGC interfaces by sending SC Disconnected
unit it gets a reply from
one of these interfaces.

If MG does not get any reply back on any of these interfaces than it
goes to list
of MGC to try and uses SC Failover.

Somehow the Standard got rewritten so many times that this concept does
not seem to exist in
the current Standard.

Or somehow the list of MGC to try can be
MGC1intf1
MGC1intf2
MGC1intf3
MGC2...

But I would think MGC/MG would be defined/provisioned by domain name
instead of an interface address.

Any comments?

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****