Subject: RE: [Megaco] New parameter for digit completion event

From: "David Barr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:24:01 +0100

A different, but related, question ...

H.248 section 7.2.5 (AuditValue) states:
"DigitMapDescriptor returns the name or value of the current DigitMap for
the Termination."

Now, if both a "dd/ce" and "dpd/ce" event is active on a Termination (with
appropriate DigitMap descriptors), then which DigitMap is the "current" one?
I.e. which one is returned in response to an AuditValue command?

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry L Anderson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 8:16 PM
To: John Stock
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: [Megaco] New parameter for digit completion event

It is certainly possible.  It would be a new version of the package 
(version 2), but I guess the issue is whether this is preferable or 
whether there should instead be a Dial Pulse Detection package with a ce 
even, say dpd/ce.  I assume that one would not expect a mix of digits: 
'1', '3', '2' by DTMF and then '5' by DP all contributing to one digit 
map match.  

Having separate packages allows MGC to determine which or whether both 
are supported (some MGs may not be able to detect both).  The dd package 
extends tonedet and the d0, etc events are assumed to be tones.  A DP 
package might have digit events but they would not really be tones (do 
A-F exist?).  

I think I would be more comfortable with a new package rather than a new 
version of dd for this.  Of course if an MGC wanted to activate 
detection of both it would need to add both events dd/ce and dpd/ce to 
the event list, then the Notify would indicate which event occurred.

John Stock wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Would it be possible to add a new parameter to the digit completion event
in
>the DTMF Detection package?  I'd like to add a "Detection Method"
parameter,
>with possible values of "DTMF" or "DP" (Dial Pulse).  This is necessary for
>an Access or Residential Gateway to inform the MGC which method was used,
>for the purpose of passing this data along in the ISUP SS7 messages, in the
>Operator Services Info in the SETUP message.
>
>Is it feasible to get this added into this base package?  If so how can I
go
>about it?
>
>It may seem odd for this parameter to be in this package, since the name of
>the package is "DTMF detection", however the DigitMap Completion event is
by
>far the most appropriate place to put it.
>
>Thanks.
>
>John Stock
>Systems Engineering
>Advanced Fibre Communications
>[email-masked]
>707-792-6249
>
>And now for the standard disclaimer (don't lawyers just make life fun?):
>
>This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the
>named addressee(s), and may contain information that is legally privileged,
>confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
>a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
>distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
>received this message in error, please notify the original sender
>immediately by telephone or by return E-mail and delete this message, along
>with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.
>
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Megaco mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
>  
>

-- 

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:28:31 -0400

I would have assumed that the normal case would be to have one digitmap 
with two ce events on the event list.  I suppose that it is conceivable 
to want different digitmaps for the two events:
Events=1111{dd/ce{DigitMap=dialplan1},dpd/ce{DigitMap=dialplan2}}

I suppose that the sentence in 7.2.5 was written with the assumption 
that there was only a single digitmap "active" on a termination but I 
don't believe such a limit is imposed elsewhere and the language in 
7.1.14.4 certainly does not restrict digitmaps to the single dd package.

Since other cases (see the sentence after the one you quote) requires 
returning a list of digitmaps, I would think that the sentence you quote 
should be modified to
    "DigitMapDescriptor returns the name(s) or value(s) of all DigitMaps 
currently active on the the Termination."

David Barr wrote:

> "DigitMapDescriptor returns the name or value of the current DigitMap 
> for the Termination."
>
> Now, if both a "dd/ce" and "dpd/ce" event is active on a Termination 
> (with appropriate DigitMap descriptors), then which DigitMap is the 
> "current" one?  I.e. which one is returned in response to an 
> AuditValue command?
>
> >Would it be possible to add a new parameter to the digit completion 
> event in
> >Is it feasible to get this added into this base package?  If so how 
> can I go
> >about it?
> >
> >the package is "DTMF detection", however the DigitMap Completion 
> event is by
> >This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use 
> of the
> http://its.lucent.com/~tla <http://its.lucent.com/%7Etla> (Lucent 
> internal) http://www.gti.net/tla
>
>
>
>
>

--

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:28:31 -0400

--