Subject: [Megaco] Digit map pre-configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:48:26 +0530

Hi List,

If an operator at MG pre-configures digit map (say Dialplan0) on a particular
termination, can the MGC delete that definition by sending a digit map
descriptor containing the digit map name (Dialplan0) and empty dial string?

Further if MGC sends a digit map descriptor with the same digit map
name(Dialplan0) and a different dial pattern, then will the dial pattern of
pre-configured digit map be changed permanently, or is MGC value applicable only
for as long as MGC has defined it and as soon as MGC sends a DMAP descriptor for
deleting the digit map then the pre-cofingured value will once more become
active? Basically what I am interested in knowing is whether the domain of MGC
defined digit maps and MG defined digit maps is the same, or they foloow the
pattern of global (on root) and local (on termination) digit maps with their
being a heirarchy that MGC values override the MG defined values.

Regards,
Sandeep Gautam

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:11:49 -0400

I believe that digitmaps defined on a termination are like any other 
property of a termination - they can be changed by the MGC but will 
revert to default (provisioned value if any) when the termination is 
subtracted to the NULL context (permanence is, of course, irrelevant for 
an ephemeral).  Global digitmaps however would revert to default value 
only after a reboot.

-- 

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:11:49 -0400

--