Subject: Re: [Megaco] Digit map pre-configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 19:42:40 +0530

Hi Terry!

The digit maps , as per my understanding , are not like any other property.
Specifically, a digit map that has been defined on a termination remains valid
till the time it is explicitly deleted by sending a digit map descriptor with
empty dial string. Thus, the digit map *does not* get undefined on subtract.
However, your point about MGC value overriding the provisioned value at MG seems
reasonable.

Regards,
Sandeep Gautam

Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]> on 08/09/2002 06:41:49 PM

To:   Sandeep Gautam/HSS@HSS
cc:   [email-masked]

Subject:  Re: [Megaco] Digit map pre-configuration

I believe that digitmaps defined on a termination are like any other
property of a termination - they can be changed by the MGC but will
revert to default (provisioned value if any) when the termination is
subtracted to the NULL context (permanence is, of course, irrelevant for
an ephemeral).  Global digitmaps however would revert to default value
only after a reboot.

[email-masked] wrote:

>Hi List,
>
>If an operator at MG pre-configures digit map (say Dialplan0) on a particular
>termination, can the MGC delete that definition by sending a digit map
>descriptor containing the digit map name (Dialplan0) and empty dial string?
>
>Further if MGC sends a digit map descriptor with the same digit map
>name(Dialplan0) and a different dial pattern, then will the dial pattern of
>pre-configured digit map be changed permanently, or is MGC value applicable
only
>for as long as MGC has defined it and as soon as MGC sends a DMAP descriptor
for
>deleting the digit map then the pre-cofingured value will once more become
>active? Basically what I am interested in knowing is whether the domain of MGC
>defined digit maps and MG defined digit maps is the same, or they foloow the
>pattern of global (on root) and local (on termination) digit maps with their
>being a heirarchy that MGC values override the MG defined values.
>
>Regards,
>Sandeep Gautam
>
>DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
>Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
>to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
>information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
>than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
>please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
>recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
>copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
>no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
>transmitted by this email including damage from virus.
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Megaco mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
>
>

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:34:45 -0400

I know of no statement treating digitmaps defined on a termination any 
differently than any other property (that physical terminations revert 
to default values when returned to null context).  6.2.4 does not 
mention any such difference.  Can you cite a statement that digitmaps 
should not be treated "not like any other property"?  Digitmaps defined 
on multiple terminations (using a wildcard) apply to all these 
terminations.  One of these terminations returning to null would make 
the definition revert to default for that termination but not for the 
others.  7.1.14.1 makes it clear that changing the definition on one 
termination does not affect the definition for the others who continue 
to use the previous definition.  I know of no statement that would imply 
that a termination having an MGC defined or changed digitmap, would keep 
that value after being subtracted to null context or after subtract and 
a new Add.

--

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:34:45 -0400

--