Subject: [Megaco] Digit map pre-configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:48:26 +0530

Hi List,

If an operator at MG pre-configures digit map (say Dialplan0) on a particular
termination, can the MGC delete that definition by sending a digit map
descriptor containing the digit map name (Dialplan0) and empty dial string?

Further if MGC sends a digit map descriptor with the same digit map
name(Dialplan0) and a different dial pattern, then will the dial pattern of
pre-configured digit map be changed permanently, or is MGC value applicable only
for as long as MGC has defined it and as soon as MGC sends a DMAP descriptor for
deleting the digit map then the pre-cofingured value will once more become
active? Basically what I am interested in knowing is whether the domain of MGC
defined digit maps and MG defined digit maps is the same, or they foloow the
pattern of global (on root) and local (on termination) digit maps with their
being a heirarchy that MGC values override the MG defined values.

Regards,
Sandeep Gautam

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 19:42:40 +0530

Hi Terry!

The digit maps , as per my understanding , are not like any other property.
Specifically, a digit map that has been defined on a termination remains valid
till the time it is explicitly deleted by sending a digit map descriptor with
empty dial string. Thus, the digit map *does not* get undefined on subtract.
However, your point about MGC value overriding the provisioned value at MG seems
reasonable.

Regards,
Sandeep Gautam

Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]> on 08/09/2002 06:41:49 PM

To:   Sandeep Gautam/HSS@HSS
cc:   [email-masked]

Subject:  Re: [Megaco] Digit map pre-configuration

I believe that digitmaps defined on a termination are like any other
property of a termination - they can be changed by the MGC but will
revert to default (provisioned value if any) when the termination is
subtracted to the NULL context (permanence is, of course, irrelevant for
an ephemeral).  Global digitmaps however would revert to default value
only after a reboot.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:00:26 +0530

Hi,

As per sec 7.1.14.1
" A digitmap is deleted by supplying an empty value for a name that is already
defined" . This statement amply clarifies the point that a digit map once
defined cannot be deleted or undefined, untill and unless an explicit digit map
descriptor is sent with the same dmap name and empty dial pattern. This was also
the consensus on the list some time back. Can we have more opinions on this?

Regards,
Sandeep Gautam

Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]> on 08/09/2002 08:04:45 PM

I know of no statement treating digitmaps defined on a termination any
differently than any other property (that physical terminations revert
to default values when returned to null context).  6.2.4 does not
mention any such difference.  Can you cite a statement that digitmaps
should not be treated "not like any other property"?  Digitmaps defined
on multiple terminations (using a wildcard) apply to all these
terminations.  One of these terminations returning to null would make
the definition revert to default for that termination but not for the
others.  7.1.14.1 makes it clear that changing the definition on one
termination does not affect the definition for the others who continue
to use the previous definition.  I know of no statement that would imply
that a termination having an MGC defined or changed digitmap, would keep
that value after being subtracted to null context or after subtract and
a new Add.

[email-masked] wrote:

>>pre-configured digit map be changed permanently, or is MGC value applicable
>>
>>
>only
>
>
>>for as long as MGC has defined it and as soon as MGC sends a DMAP descriptor
>>
>>
>for
>
>

--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:00:26 +0530

Hi,

As per sec 7.1.14.1

Regards,
Sandeep Gautam

--