Subject: [Megaco] Fate Of SDP-TDM Draft

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:37:04 -0500

I'm asking what to do with the SDP-TDM draft
(draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt).  Christian Groves raised the proposal
that the bearer capability and related information elements be extracted
from call signalling and passed to the MG in their binary form, rather than
undergo the text transformation provided in the draft.

This is an architectural issue.  I know that there is a school of thought
that tries to avoid detailed parsing and generation of SDP in the MGC,
viewing SDP as something more in the nature of MG-to-MG signalling.  My
draft forces the MGC to become intimately involved in that process.

So it's up to you: does the draft go forward, or do I let it die?  I haven't
sent this to the mmusic list because I never seem to get any comments from
that quarter.

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)
 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco