Subject: [Megaco] Reuse of transaction ID.

From: petric john <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 22:10:55 +1000 (EST)

Hi,
I have questions in regard the use of same transaction
id.

1. When can I use the same transaction id once it has
been used successfully? What is the life of a
transaction ID?

2. Assume there is a fresh Transaction request, and
receiver has detected an error while decoding the
transaction. Now, can sender use the same transaction
ID to resend the corrected request or it has to send
the corrected request with the new transaction ID?

john...

http://careers.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Careers
- 1,000's of jobs waiting online for you!
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Shashi Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:51:01 +0530

Hi,

 comments inline... [shashi]

thanks,
shashi

> been used successfully? What is the life of a
[shashi]

usually, responding entity keeps the transaction-id for a period of
LONG-TIMER(suggested val. of 30 secs)..., at receiving entity one of the
suggested implementation  would be is start a LONG-TIMER once you
receive a reply for your transaction..., and after LONG-TIMER expires 
you can safely re-use the transaction id. There might be other
implementation issues, like when you receive a pend for your
transaction...

> the corrected request with the new transaction ID?
[shashi]
if you are re-using same transaction-id before a LONG-TIME expires,
there is a chance(if the command reaches the responding entity before
his LONG-TIMER expires) that, responding entity shall re-transmit the
same error again   since responding entity shall store the transaction
for a LONG-TIMER period.

---

From: Shashi Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:51:01 +0530

Hi,

thanks,
shashi

[shashi]

[shashi]