Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:29:41 +0530

Hi List,

There is some doubt about the processing of Empty Event desc while the
termination
is operating in Lockstep mode.

As per the protocol
 "If an empty Events Descriptor is activated while the termination is operating
in LockStep mode, the events buffer is immidiately cleared."

After this processing is over
1>> Do events that are present in the event buffer desc. will still be
recognised
and accumulated ?

OR

2>> Wait for the new Event desc? In this case No events which are present in the
event buffer
desc will be recognized and accumulated.

Thanks and regards
Sachin

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:12:19 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:00 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

Hi List,

There is some doubt about the processing of Empty Event desc while the
termination is operating in Lockstep mode.

As per the protocol
 "If an empty Events Descriptor is activated while the termination is
operating in LockStep mode, the events buffer is immidiately cleared."

After this processing is over
1>> Do events that are present in the event buffer desc. will still be
recognised
and accumulated ?
[KJBII] Yes.  The EB descriptor was not changed, so its function should not
change.

OR

2>> Wait for the new Event desc? In this case No events which are 
2>> present in the
event buffer
desc will be recognized and accumulated.
[KJBII] Really what the sentence you've quoted is saying is that when in
LockStep, an empty E descriptor for the MGC is a "clear the buffer" command.
This is because nothing can match the empty descriptor.  If the MGC wanted
to halt buffering, it could send an empty EB descriptor.  Any other
opinions?  Do we need an IG item for this?

Thanks and regards
Sachin

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information  and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus.

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:12:19 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:00 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] (no subject)

Hi List,

As per the protocol

OR

Thanks and regards
Sachin