Subject: [Megaco] Statistics in MOVE command

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:59:40 +0530

Hi

The protocol draft for H248v2 document states............

"7.1.15   Statistics descriptor
The Statistics Descriptor provides information describing the status
and usage of a Termination during its **existence within a specific Context**."

and subsequently.....
"Statistics are cumulative; reporting Statistics does not reset them.
Statistics are reset when a Termination is Subtracted from a Context."

There is a bit of contradiction in the two statements. If the statistics
are not reset in the MOVE command, the first statement should be changed to -

"The Statistics Descriptor provides information describing the status and
usage of a Termination during its existence within subsequent non Null
contexts."

Do we agree on this?

thanks
Kapil Nayar
Hughes Software Systems Ltd.
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:47:33 -0400

This was discussed on the list and resulted in a clarification through 
the Implementors Guide (item 6.9 in the current draft which has been 
approved by WP2 today and will likely receive final approval at the 
study group plenary on Friday).  It required changes in several places 
where this problem occurs.  I show the new text below:

6.2     Terminations [H.248.1v1 (02/02)]
[Begin Correction]
Terminations may have signals applied to them (see 7.1.11). Terminations 
may be programmed to detect Events, the occurrence of which can trigger 
notification messages to the MGC, or action by the MG. Statistics may be 
accumulated on a Termination. Statistics are reported to the MGC upon 
request (by means of the AuditValue command, see 7.2.5) and when the 
Termination ceases to exist or is returned to the null context due to a 
Subtract command.is subtracted from a context.
[End Correction]

6.2     Terminations [H.248.1v2 (05/02)]
[Begin Correction]
Terminations may have signals applied to them (see 7.1.11). Terminations 
may be programmed to detect Events, the occurrence of which can trigger 
notification messages to the MGC, or action by the MG. Statistics may be 
accumulated on a Termination. Statistics are reported to the MGC upon 
request (by means of the AuditValue command, see 7.2.5) and when the 
Termination ceases to exist or is returned to the null context due to a 
Subtract command.is taken out of the call it is in.
[End Correction]

7.1.15    Statistics descriptor
[Begin Correction]
The Statistics Descriptor provides information describing the status and 
usage of a Termination during its existence (ephemeral) or while it is 
outside the null context (physical)within a specific Context. There is a 
set of standard statistics kept for each Termination where appropriate 
(number of octets sent and received for example). The particular 
statistical properties that are reported for a given Termination are 
determined by the Packages realized by the Termination. By default, 
statistics are reported when the Termination ceases to exist or is 
returned to the null context due to a Subtract commandis Subtracted from 
the Context. This behaviour can be overridden by including an empty 
AuditDescriptor in the Subtract command. Statistics may also be returned 
from the AuditValue command, or any Add/Move/Modify command using the 
Audit descriptor.

Statistics are cumulative; reporting Statistics does not reset them. 
Statistics are reset when a ceases to exist or is returned to the null 
context due to a Subtract command Termination is Subtracted from a Context.

[End Correction]

E.11.4     Statistics
[Begin Correction]
Duration
    StatisticsID: dur (0x0001)
    Description: provides duration of time the termination has existed 
or been out of the null context.been in the Context.
    Type: double, in milliseconds
[End Correction]

-- 

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson          mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:+1 908 766 4463
http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:47:33 -0400

[End Correction]

E.11.4     Statistics
[Begin Correction]
Duration

--