Subject: [Megaco] FW: Participating in H.323/H.248 standardization meetings

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:41:38 -0500

I've made this point before but it's been a while, so I thought I would
remind you: your participation at SG 16, whether on paper or in person, is
welcome.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul E. Jones [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 11:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Participating in H.323/H.248 standardization meetings

Folks,

I have received questions from a number of people asking if or how people
can participate in the standardization activities related to H.323, H.248,
etc.  Most people have been under the impression that, since they are not
members of the ITU, they do not have a voice and do not have a means to
contribute to the work related to H.323 and H.248.  While it is true that
the ITU meetings are generally closed to members, we do have a much more
"open door" policy at Rapporteur's meetings and definitely encourage
participation from members and non-members alike.  Rapporteur's meetings are
where much of the real work gets done, so your participation would
definitely be beneficial.

In February 2003, we will hold the next Rapporteur's meeting for Questions
2, 3, 4, 5, D, F, and G of Study Group 16.  The meeting announcement will be
posted to the ITU-T SG16 mailing list (see
http://www.packetizer.com/iptel/h323/lists.html for information on joining
the list), which is the official mailing list for work related to those
Questions.  I would encourage any interested person to contribute to the
work going on related to those Questions, regardless of his/her association
with the ITU.  While being present at the meeting is really beneficial to
the work going on, it certainly is not mandatory.  Even if you are not
present, if you have a feature you want to propose or propose a new work
item, you could simply submit the proposal in writing and it will be
considered.  With that said, though, as folks who do participate in these
meetings know, it is generally better to be present to make your point and
help drive the work.

If you have a contribution you want to make in the area of H.323, H.248,
etc., you are definitely welcome!  In addition, I'll be happy to answer any
questions you might have related to procedural matters.

Best Regards,
Paul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For
help on this mail list, send "HELP ITU-SG16" in a message to
[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:41:38 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul E. Jones [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 11:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Participating in H.323/H.248 standardization meetings

Folks,

Best Regards,
Paul