Subject: [Megaco] Hairpin Connection Doubts

From: mukta vasudeva <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:36:34 +0000 (GMT)

hey everyone,greetings.

I have some queries..concerning Haripin connections. I need to know how the handling of hairpin connections 

a.)with respect to MGC : How it handles Megaco messages for this situation.

b) with respect to MG : How it implements the above scenario

The way i see it ,there could be two ways of proceeding:

Case 1.Maintains ONE Context that contains the two TDM Terminations.Then  MGC sends the respective commands to terminations within the same MG,and same ContextID.That is,for the MGC, the source and destination ContextID are same.

Case2: TWO Contexts are maintaned in the same MG for the connection.One Context contains the source TDM termination and one RTP Termination.The other Context contains the destination TDM Termination and one RTP Termination.  The MGC now creates the connection and manages it in the usual style: except that the ContextIDs are different but reside on the same Media Gateway ,and the RTP voice path is local to the Media Gateway..

I dont know about the feasibilty of either of the above situations so I need some input here as to how this situation is actually handled.          

Thankyou . 

Mukta Vasudeva 

1

Catch all the cricket action. Download Yahoo! Score tracker

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:57:33 -0500

How the contexts get set up all depends on the MGC's implementation.
Neither one of these is "right" or "wrong".  In certain usecases one may be
superior to the other, but that will vary based on usecase and
implementation.
 
Essentially, the MG must do what it is told to do.  If the MG can optimize
the loop-around in the second case while still executing the commands sent
by the MGC, then great.  If the MGC wants to use the first case, then great.
It's not really a matter for the spec (or the list) to dictate that one
approach is preferred or superior to the other.
 
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: mukta vasudeva [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 7:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Hairpin Connection Doubts

hey everyone,greetings.

I have some queries..concerning Haripin connections. I need to know how the
handling of hairpin connections 

Case 1.Maintains ONE Context that contains the two TDM Terminations.Then
MGC sends the respective commands to terminations within the same MG,and
same ContextID.That is,for the MGC, the source and destination ContextID are
same.

Case2: TWO Contexts are maintaned in the same MG for the connection.One
Context contains the source TDM termination and one RTP Termination.The
other Context contains the destination TDM Termination and one RTP
Termination.  The MGC now creates the connection and manages it in the usual
style: except that the ContextIDs are different but reside on the same Media
Gateway ,and the RTP voice path is local to the Media Gateway..

I dont know about the feasibilty of either of the above situations so I need
some input here as to how this situation is actually handled.          

Thankyou . 

Mukta Vasudeva 

1

  <http://sg.yimg.com/i/aa/icons/28/cricket.gif> Catch all the cricket
action. Download Yahoo!  <http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html>
Score tracker

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:57:33 -0500

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: mukta vasudeva [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 7:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Hairpin Connection Doubts

hey everyone,greetings.

Thankyou . 

Mukta Vasudeva 

1