Subject: [Megaco] Determining type of COT at the initiating and at the responding M Gs

From: "Kamitses, Jerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:14:56 -0500

I recently compared the event package in MGCP 
(e.g.  draft-foster-mgcp-basic-packages-09.txt)
which supports the PSTN Continuity test, with 
the Megaco protocol defined to support the same 
COT function. 

As defined by the MGCP Trunk package, the Call agent 
is expected to know, through provisioning information, 
which of the three types of COT test should be applied 
to a given endpoint:
     Originating                               Terminating 
     ============                              =========== 
 1)    4w  -------------- 2010 Hz (co1)------>  4w 
           <------------- 2010 Hz (co1)-------  (loopback)       
 2)    4w  -------------- 1780 Hz (co2)------>  2w 
           <------------- 2010 Hz (co1)-------  (transponder) 
 3)    2w  -------------- 2010 Hz (co1)------>  2w/4w 
           <------------- 1780 Hz (co2)-------  (transponder)     

and then the Call Agent sends the appropriate message(s) to the 
gateway(s). The gateway just does what the Call Agent dictates. 

By contrast, the events/signals defined by the Basic Continuity 
Package of Megaco, both version 1.0 and 2.0, do not seem to provide 
the same degree of control to the MGC. Is this conclusion correct? 
Is the gateway now required to know via provisioning which type 
of COT it needs to perform? Is such provisioning provided in the 
Megaco MIB ?

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco