Subject: [Megaco] Stop dial tone after receiving the first digit

From: zhaobo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:16:54 +0800

Hi all:
    For DTMF phone, dial tone is always stopped when first digit is sent. How is this behaviour specified for a MGW in a H.248 message? Seems not the type of signal(on/off, brief, or timeout). 
    Maybe just because in any case the dial tone shall be stopped after receiving a digit,  it's not neccessary to specified in H.248?
    Thanks.
    
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:04:33 -0500

Detected events stop signals by default. See sections 7.1.9 and 7.1.11.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zhaobo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 11:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Stop dial tone after receiving the first digit

Hi all:
    For DTMF phone, dial tone is always stopped when first digit is sent.
How is this behaviour specified for a MGW in a H.248 message? Seems not the
type of signal(on/off, brief, or timeout). 
    Maybe just because in any case the dial tone shall be stopped after
receiving a digit,  it's not neccessary to specified in H.248?
    Thanks.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:05:08 +0100

Zhaobo,

You have to send a modify command on the termination with en empty
signal descriptor Signals {} to stop the dial tone.

Jean-Luc Lecuyer

zhaobo <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 21/11/2002 05:16:54

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:

Hi all:
    For DTMF phone, dial tone is always stopped when first digit is sent.
    How is this behaviour specified for a MGW in a H.248 message? Seems not
    the type of signal(on/off, brief, or timeout).
    Maybe just because in any case the dial tone shall be stopped after
    receiving a digit,  it's not neccessary to specified in H.248?
    Thanks.

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:47:36 -0500

This is incorrect.  The digit map allows detection of individual digit
events, but collects them into one response.  Each detected digit is a
separate event, and signal processing would halt upon detection of each
digit.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zhaobo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 1:36 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3R90:EXCH]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Stop dial tone after receiving the first digit

RE: [Megaco] Stop dial tone after receiving the first digitHi Kevin, which I
mean is "the first digit", not an EVENT. In the digital map case, only a
macth makes a EVENT. For example, when the digitmap is 2XXX, a digit "2"
stops the dialtone, but a event will not be make until the other three
digits be dialed.

-----Original Message----- 
From: zhaobo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 11:17 PM 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: [Megaco] Stop dial tone after receiving the first digit 

Hi all: