Subject: [Megaco] Action Processing:priority or sequence?

From: mukta vasudeva <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:44:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

According to the RFC-3015, "The priority is used for a Context in order to provide the MG with information about a certain precedence handling for a Context. The MGC can also use the priority to control autonomously the traffic precedence in the MG in a smooth way in certain situations (e.g. restart), when a lot of Contexts must be handled simultaneously. Priority 0 is the lowest priority and a priority of 15 is the highest priority. "

Q1. "Commands within a Transaction are executed sequentially" But if Actions with different Priorities assigned to them are processed according to the priorites-not sequence- then the "sequential execution of commands withn transactions " would not be ensured.So how should we access actions with different priorities?

Q2. Are the priorities valid on Per Transaction basis or are they  retained for the entire life of the call unless replaced ?

regards,

Mukta

Catch all the cricket action. Download Yahoo! Score tracker

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:05:40 -0500

The transaction processing rules defined for the protocol take precedence
over context Priority.  Really, the handling of Priority is very
implementation specific.  As an example, suppose the implementation does
some sort of look-ahead after it parses the transaction.  An earlier Action
has something like ReserveGroup or ReserveValue and asks for a bunch of
resources to be reserved.  The implementation looks ahead to the later,
higher priority Action and makes sure it saves some resources for that one.

-----Original Message-----
From: mukta vasudeva [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 7:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Action Processing:priority or sequence?

Hi All,
According to the RFC-3015, "The priority is used for a Context in order to
provide the MG with information about a certain precedence handling for a
Context. The MGC can also use the priority to control autonomously the
traffic precedence in the MG in a smooth way in certain situations (e.g.
restart), when a lot of Contexts must be handled simultaneously. Priority 0
is the lowest priority and a priority of 15 is the highest priority. "
Q1. "Commands within a Transaction are executed sequentially" But if Actions
with different Priorities assigned to them are processed according to the
priorites-not sequence- then the "sequential execution of commands withn
transactions " would not be ensured.So how should we access actions with
different priorities?
Q2. Are the priorities valid on Per Transaction basis or are they  retained
for the entire life of the call unless replaced ?
regards,
Mukta
 Catch all the cricket action. Download Yahoo! Score tracker
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:05:40 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: mukta vasudeva [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 7:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Action Processing:priority or sequence?

Hi All,