Subject: [Megaco] Typo in H.248.1 section 8.2.2?

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:56:34 -0500

All,

I had pointed out to me something which appears to be a typo or
inconsistency in H.248.1.  The text of the section in question reads:

If the end of an action cannot be reliably determined but one or more
commands can be parsed, it will process them and then send 422 Syntax Error
in Action as the last action for the transaction.

Shouldn't this be that 422 is sent as the last command for the action?  This
would align with our handling of transactions we cannot determine the end of
(quote from later in the section):

If the end of a transaction cannot be reliably determined and one or more
Actions can be parsed, it will process them and then return 403 Syntax Error
in Transaction as the last action reply for the transaction.

Either way, I think it would be beneficial to make these two cases align, so
that we are consistent in our handling of these kinds of errors.  If I don't
hear great objections, I'll draft up some text for the IG later in the week.

Kevin
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco