Subject: [Megaco] New Draft on Legal Intercept in MEGACO without use of Topology descriptor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:16:01 +0530

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Legal Intercept Package for Megaco/H.248
        Author(s)       : R. Gupta, V. Bansal
        Filename        : draft-rogupta-hss-megaco-legal-intercept-00.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 2002-12-11

This document proposes a mechanism for MEGACO controlled legal
intercept without the use of topology descriptor. Only call content
duplication is addressed in this draft. The generation of call data
information is outside the scope of this draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rogupta-hss-megaco-legal-intercept-00.txt

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:00:17 -0500

Hi,

Quick comments/questions (most of answers should probably be placed
in Procedures):

1. How MGC can specify to enable intercept of only one half of a stream
(send, or receive)?

2. In a diagram for "Separate" mode I see two streams sent to "intercept 
network".
How does intercept network differentiates between these two streams if there
is only one IterceptAddr/PortNum? Is each stream encoded with previously set
CCCId/CCCIdSep? If yes, this should also be specified in Procedures.
That will also clarify the usage of CCCId/CCCIdSep as the description of these
properties only say that they used for "correlating the Call Content with 
the Call
Data at the receiving end". To clarify it should ether say explicitly how 
it is done,
or it should have a reference to an appropriate document which describes the
encoding and correlation procedures.
Also since MGC is assigning these ids, but "intercept network" receiving the
streams it would be nice to say how these ids are passed to/from MGC from/to
"intercept network", even if it will simply say "see doc XXX", or "out of 
scope for
this doc".

3. The following wording to pause/stop intercept should be in one place:
Introduction say: "the removal of parameters from the updated Local Control
descriptor in a subsequent command turns off the media replication"
Procedures say: "The intercept will be disabled when SUBTRACT command
is received on the same termination."
My guess that both are correct and both should be placed in "Procedures".

4. Delivery Mode is missing type (e.g. Type: Enumeration).

5. References should probably reference 3015corr draft instead of RFC 3015.

Thanks
         Aleks

---

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:00:17 -0500

Hi,

Thanks
         Aleks