Subject: RE: [Megaco] MEGACO support for reduction of line feeding and swi tching back t o normal feeding

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:57:45 -0500

In most places, the line is placed in a "lockout" state.  While there is a
tone played in some localities to attempt to get the attention of the
subscriber (to hang up their phone), even that has a time limit associated
with its playout.

There is a "Receiver Off-hook Warning" tone, commonly known as ROH, is
defined in the Expanded Call Progress Tone Generator Package.  It is defined
in ITU-T Recommendation Q.1950, Annex A.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Roeser Wieland [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 5:43 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] MEGACO support for reduction of line feeding and switching
back t o normal feeding

Hi all,
I have a question regarding the support of MEGACO packages for the following
behavior. In many countries a mechanism is used to reduce line feeding after
the A subscriber is in the off hook state and the dial tone supervision is
expired. Is there any signal which support such things. The second question
would be how the access network come back to the normal feeding state, is
there some special signal already defined ? 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Wieland Roeser

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:57:45 -0500

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Roeser Wieland [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 5:43 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] MEGACO support for reduction of line feeding and switching
back t o normal feeding

Hi all,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Wieland Roeser