Subject: [Megaco] Processing Order of Context Properties and Termination Properties

From: "David Kao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:21:36 -0500

Please accept my apology if the same questions were asked and discussed
before.

The spec says, "Transactions guarantee ordered Command processing. That is,
Commands within a Transaction are executed sequentially." I have two
relevant questions based on this statement.

1. How about the processing order of context properties? Are they supposed
to be processed in the same same sequential order like the commands?

For instance, based on previously posted emails from Christian Grove,
topology descriptor should be processed before commands in an action, since
"The Topology descriptor occurs before the commands in an action." In fact,
all contextRequests come before the commands. If this is the case, is the
following generalization correct?

"In a transaction, actions are executed sequentially. In an action, context
requests (including context property modifications and context property
audits) and commands are executed sequentially."

2. How about the processing order of termination properties? Without a
well-defined order, different MG implementations can respond differently to
the same command. For instance, if Signals descriptor is processed before
Events descriptor can produce different results than the case when Events
descriptor is processed first.

Regards,

David Kao