Subject: [Megaco] LockStep and digit collection

From: Adrian Soncodi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:17:53 -0600

Can anybody help me with the following questions? I am trying to 
reliably collect
several successive digit strings from an MG. These strings correspond to 
potentially
different digit maps, and dial-ahead is allowed.

1) When sending the first DigitMap, I specify LockStep=On, so that after 
the
first digit string is collected, subsequent digits are buffered. To get 
a notification
for the next string, I specify "dd/ce" in the EventBufferDescriptor, do 
I also need
to specify each individual digit in order for them to be buffered? (I am 
not
interested in the particular digits, just the whole string.) I know that 
"dd/ce" implies
detection of "dd/*", does it also imply buffering of "dd/*"?

2) Does this work? The behavior I expect is: after the MG reports the 
first string,
subsequent digits are buffered. Then after I send another DigitMap+ce to 
the MG
AND when a match is detected, the MG sends a notification for the second 
string.
In other words, is this the correct way to avoid losing the dialed-ahead 
digits from
the second string, in case the second DigitMap does not get to the MG 
fast enough?

3) I also expect any unmatched digit that terminates the first DigitMap 
to be buffered
and to be matched against the second DigitMap, is this correct?

4) To continue like this, do I need to keep specifying 
EventBufferControl=LockStep
with every new DigitMap, or does this default to the previous value 
until I turn it off?

5) Before collecting the second string, I also want to play an 
interruptible announcement
(KeepActive=false). Therefore, along with the DigitMap, I also apply a 
signal. When an
announcement is played, normally the first digit detected stops it. But 
if some digits are
already present (because of dial-ahead) in the EventBuffer when the 
second DigitMap
and signal are applied, what happens to the announcement signal? is it 
played at all?
Obviously, on dial-ahead I would like to suppress it.

Thanks,

Adrian Soncodi
Tekelec, Richardson, TX

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco