Subject: [Megaco] A question about CID pakage

From: ZHAO BO <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:42:48 +0800

Hi Kevin:
    In andisp package, the same signal dwa is used for all the types of CID, 
include normal CID and call waiting ID. It's the responsibility of MGW to
decide the CID type and make proper action.
    My question rises here:  For MGW+V5 combination, the MGW may have no way 
to know the status of a V5 subsriber(onhook, offhook), because the user signalling 
is transported transparently from AN to MGC via V5UA. As a result, MGW can't 
dicide the CID type(normal or call waiting). Maybe a flag is still needed in this 
case?
    Best regards

Zhao Bo
Huawei Technologies
2003/03/31

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco