Subject: [Megaco] LockStep and digit collection

From: Adrian Soncodi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:17:53 -0600

Can anybody help me with the following questions? I am trying to 
reliably collect
several successive digit strings from an MG. These strings correspond to 
potentially
different digit maps, and dial-ahead is allowed.

1) When sending the first DigitMap, I specify LockStep=On, so that after 
the
first digit string is collected, subsequent digits are buffered. To get 
a notification
for the next string, I specify "dd/ce" in the EventBufferDescriptor, do 
I also need
to specify each individual digit in order for them to be buffered? (I am 
not
interested in the particular digits, just the whole string.) I know that 
"dd/ce" implies
detection of "dd/*", does it also imply buffering of "dd/*"?

2) Does this work? The behavior I expect is: after the MG reports the 
first string,
subsequent digits are buffered. Then after I send another DigitMap+ce to 
the MG
AND when a match is detected, the MG sends a notification for the second 
string.
In other words, is this the correct way to avoid losing the dialed-ahead 
digits from
the second string, in case the second DigitMap does not get to the MG 
fast enough?

3) I also expect any unmatched digit that terminates the first DigitMap 
to be buffered
and to be matched against the second DigitMap, is this correct?

4) To continue like this, do I need to keep specifying 
EventBufferControl=LockStep
with every new DigitMap, or does this default to the previous value 
until I turn it off?

5) Before collecting the second string, I also want to play an 
interruptible announcement
(KeepActive=false). Therefore, along with the DigitMap, I also apply a 
signal. When an
announcement is played, normally the first digit detected stops it. But 
if some digits are
already present (because of dial-ahead) in the EventBuffer when the 
second DigitMap
and signal are applied, what happens to the announcement signal? is it 
played at all?
Obviously, on dial-ahead I would like to suppress it.

Thanks,

Adrian Soncodi
Tekelec, Richardson, TX

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:33:16 -0500

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Soncodi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 2:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] LockStep and digit collection

[KJBII] Actually, once a digitmap completes, the digitmap is disabled.
Given the way the spec is written, there would be no further buffering of
digits.  H.248.16 provides a way to force the MG to buffer digits for a
specified time duration.

[KJBII] H.248.16 allows you to perform this function.

[KJBII] H.248.16 allows the MGC to specify how the terminating event is
handled (discarded, reported, etc).

[KJBII] LockStep remains in force until the EventBufferControl parm is
reset.

[KJBII] Generally speaking, detected events will halt signals.  This would
apply to buffered Events as well, as long as there is an Events descriptor
to match against.  Note that matching against the EB descriptor would NOT
halt a signal.

Thanks,

Adrian Soncodi
Tekelec, Richardson, TX

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:33:16 -0500

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Soncodi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 2:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] LockStep and digit collection

Thanks,

Adrian Soncodi
Tekelec, Richardson, TX