Subject: RE: [Megaco] CIC status updates in second Softswitch

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:52:42 -0500

H.248/Megaco strictly prohibits dual control of terminations by MGCs.
Terminations must be controlled by one, and ONLY one, MGC.  The way to allow
an MG to be controlled by two MGCs is to split the MG into two Virtual MGs,
one controlled by each MGC.

Dual control has been considered many times, and there are far too many ways
to get in trouble to allow such a thing.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: Robson de Andrade Esteves [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 2:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] CIC status updates in second Softswitch
Importance: High

Hi all,
I've have a question regarding a specific situation in my network (but I
think that this "problem" must be common in others networks), where I'd like
to receive some opinions and/or sugestions.
I think that this is a basic question, but until now, checking  severla
documments I didn't find any answer.

Problem description:
We have 2 softswitches (SS-A and SS-B). We'd like to use BOTH softswitch to
control a MG (e.g. Trunking Gateway) in a LOADSHARING mode. 
I mean: we'd like to process ISUP calls in this MG(using MEGACO), using BOTH
Softswitch, in a loadsharing basis, not as a primary / backup softswitch
structure (as usual). 
We can create an ISUP voice route in one local exchange , using the concept
of the ALIAS Point Code in SS7 networks, performing a loadsharing in ISUP
messages between Softswitches. 
The problem is that we don't know how we can updates the status of the
circuits in this ISUP route, in each softwswitch. 
The IAM can be send to SS A, but the answer (ACM+ANM) can be receive in
SS-B. So, the SS-B should be informed that a call was initiated in SS-A!!  

In MEGACO PROTOCOLO this situation was considered???  

Dou you know if, using SIP-T, this situation was considered?? 

It seems that this possibility was not considered in NGN.....???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

______________________________________________________
Robson Esteves - TELEMAR
Suporte a Plataformas (SS7 e RI) - Diretoria de Gerenciamento de Rede
TELEMAR-RJ - BRAZIL-SS7&IN Network Management Center
Tel: 55 21 31316804/31316851
[email-masked]
Cel: 55 21 88638770

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:03:30 +1100

Hello Robson,

Kevin is correct. We specifically tried to avoid having 2 MGCs controlling 1 MG 
and in particular one termination. One method to do this is via virtual MGs 
another would be to coordinate this at the softswitch level. For SIP-T I suggest 
you email the SIP/SIPPING list. For NGN there's no formal specifications that I 
know of, yet...

Regards, Christian

> It seems that this possibility was not considered in NGN.....???

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:03:30 +1100

Hello Robson,

Regards, Christian