Subject: [Megaco] Digitmap

From: "Vudatha Dhanunjaya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:02:39 +0530

Hi,

Please provide the clarification for the following
text from RFC and our Implementation...

*****************************
RFC 2525, Page # 40. - Digit Map descriptor

These are the descriptions provided for the digitmap descriptor

A new DigitMap is created by specifying a name that is not yet
defined.  The value shall be present.

A DigitMap value is updated by supplying a new value for a name
      that is already defined.  Terminations presently using the
      digitmap shall continue to use the old definition; subsequent
      EventsDescriptors specifying the name, including any
      EventsDescriptor in the command containing the DigitMap
      descriptor, shall use the new one.

A DigitMap is deleted by supplying an empty value for a name that
      is already defined.  Terminations presently using the digitmap
      shall continue to use the old definition.

***************************************************

We have an implementation of Megaco on MGC side, which sends 2 digit maps -
first for 7 digits and then for the remaining 3 digits.
But both the descriptors have the dial plan as "dialplan0". We have another
different
implementation of Megaco for the MG side which considers these two as the
same
descriptor [as the name is same] and so does not update the old [for 7
digits] with the
new [with 3 digits].

We would like to know which of the implementations are correct.
What is the exact meaning of these phrases in RFC, in this context.?.

Regards
Dhanunjaya

This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from
your system. Thanks

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco