Subject: RE: [Megaco] question about extension in serviceChangeParm

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:17:22 -0400

Correct.  "At-most-once" means no duplicates.  In this case, the definition
clearly forbids more than one extension in a given ServiceChange descriptor.

Now, whether or not this was the intent here is a different question...

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: atto [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 5:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] question about extension in serviceChangeParm

hi,

I have a question about  extension in serviceChangeParm.

refer to RFC3525
: -------------------------------------------------------------
   serviceChangeDescriptor = ServicesToken LBRKT serviceChangeParm
                            *(COMMA serviceChangeParm) RBRKT

   ; each parameter at-most-once
   ; at most one of either serviceChangeAddress or serviceChangeMgcId
   ; but not both
   ; serviceChangeMethod and serviceChangeReason are REQUIRED
   serviceChangeParm    = (serviceChangeMethod / serviceChangeReason /
                          serviceChangeDelay / serviceChangeAddress /
                          serviceChangeProfile / extension / TimeStamp /
                          serviceChangeMgcId / serviceChangeVersion )

   extension            = extensionParameter parmValue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

does this means: it is a error when >1 extensions with differenet
extensionParameters exist in one serviceChangeDescriptor ?
such as message:
MEGACO/1 Transaction=1{Context=-{ServiceChange=ROOT{Services{Method=Restart,
X-VENDER=AAA, X-IDMETH=1, X-IDDATA=70da}}}} there are three extensions in
serviceChangeDescriptor, so return 400?

thanks
atto

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:17:22 -0400

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: atto [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 5:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] question about extension in serviceChangeParm

hi,

refer to RFC3525

thanks
atto

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:45:33 +0800

I think the extensionParameter in Megaco need not be conformance with the
restriction of At Most Once,the extensionParameter is available for
different vender,it is uncertainty. if it is at most once ,the use of the
extensionParameter  will be restricted.maybe later the extensionParameter
will be the Confirmed parameter if the extensionParameter  is accepted by
people .
BTW:
rfc3525 page 122  have a case
  ; at-most-once except for extensionParameter
 thanks and regards!
 liuqifeng