Subject: [Megaco] MEGACO/H.248 Is there any difference ?

From: Prasenjit Das <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:44:34 +0530

Hi ,
   I would like to know if there is any difference between MEGACO 1.0 and
H.248 protocol. I read that this is published by IETF and ITU-T respectively
of the jointly developed standard. I think as per protocol wise there is no
difference. But some body told me that there is some difference for some
package support.
Could anybody confirm that. I will be greatly benefited by this info.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Prasenjit

Email Privacy Declaration
*****************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!
*****************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:57:57 +1000

Hello Prasenjit,

H.248 and Megaco are exactly the same protocol and can support exactly the same
things.

Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:57:57 +1000

Hello Prasenjit,

Christian

---

From: Prakash R <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:09:17 +0530

Hi,

We had compiled a small document on the relationship between the major
Megaco recommendations/RFCs. Maybe this will help.

Regards,
-- 
Prakash R
Business Unit Head, Softswitch and Media Gateway,(Cell & Packet Tech.)
======================================================================
C-DOT (Centre for Development of Telematics)
71/1, Sneha Complex, Miller Road, Bangalore - 560052, India
email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Tel: +91-80-22263399 Ext. 268, +91-80-22383951, Fax: +91-80-22263256
======================================================================

---

From: Prakash R <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:09:17 +0530

Hi,

Regards,

---

From: "atto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:33:47 +0800

hi,

I have a question about  extension in serviceChangeParm.

refer to RFC3525
: -------------------------------------------------------------
   serviceChangeDescriptor = ServicesToken LBRKT serviceChangeParm
                            *(COMMA serviceChangeParm) RBRKT

   ; each parameter at-most-once
   ; at most one of either serviceChangeAddress or serviceChangeMgcId
   ; but not both
   ; serviceChangeMethod and serviceChangeReason are REQUIRED
   serviceChangeParm    = (serviceChangeMethod / serviceChangeReason /
                          serviceChangeDelay / serviceChangeAddress /
                          serviceChangeProfile / extension / TimeStamp /
                          serviceChangeMgcId / serviceChangeVersion )

   extension            = extensionParameter parmValue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

does this means: it is a error when >1 extensions with differenet
extensionParameters exist in one serviceChangeDescriptor ?
such as message:
MEGACO/1 Transaction=1{Context=-{ServiceChange=ROOT{Services{Method=Restart,
X-VENDER=AAA, X-IDMETH=1, X-IDDATA=70da}}}}
there are three extensions in serviceChangeDescriptor, so return 400?

thanks
atto

---

From: "atto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:33:47 +0800

hi,

refer to RFC3525

thanks
atto