Subject: [Megaco] When do I stop ringing?

From: "kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 May 2004 06:20:27 -0000

Hi All,
   We are trying the following scenerio.
    Termination ID of A is term/1 and B is term/2.
  1. A calls B. B is ringing and A is getting Ringback tone.
  2. A goes on-hook while B is ringing.
      A sends on-hook notification to MGC.
  MEGACO/1 [192.168.1.1]
 Transaction = 154 { Context = 14 { Notify = term/1 { ObservedEvents = 756 {  al/on { init = True }  }  }  }  } 
   
   We got the following request from MGC. 
!/1 [192.168.1.2]
P=154{C=14{N=term/1}}
T=441{C=14{S=*},C=-{MF=term/1{E=757{al/of{EM{SG{cg/dt},E=758{dd/ce{DigitMap=G_DGT_MAP},al/on{strict=exact}}},strict=exact}}}}}
K{440}

!/1 [192.168.1.2]
T=442{C=15{S=*},C=-{MF=term/2{E=759{al/of{EM{SG{cg/dt},E=760{dd/ce{DigitMap=G_DGT_MAP},al/on{strict=exact}}},strict=exact}}}}}

  Here term/2 is ringing and we got subtract request with embedded signal descriptor. As of I understand , the signal descriptor is activated only off-hook event occurs(From above request). The ring tone on term/2 will be stopped only event occurs or new signal descriptor is activated(As per rfc). So when should I stop ring tone on term/2.
 Can anyone clarify this please.

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:45:07 +0530

Hi Kumar,

ThisTransaction consists of 2 commands. First command is Subtract and
another command is Modify. During processing of Subtract command, MG is
supposed to stop detection of all events and stop all ongoing signals as
termination returns to NULL context during Subtract command processing.

Pls. find below the text in BOLD  from Megaco Protocol supporting above
mentioned statement.

6.2.4 Termination properties and descriptors

   Terminations have properties. The properties have unique PropertyIDs.
   Most properties have default values, which are explicitly defined in
   this protocol specification or in a package (see clause 12) or set by
   provisioning. If not provisioned otherwise, the properties in all
   descriptors except TerminationState and LocalControl default to
   empty/"no value" when a Termination is first created or returned to
   the null Context. The default contents of the two exceptions are
   described in 7.1.5 and 7.1.7.

Thanks
Ashish
www.hssworld.com

"kumar" <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 05/19/2004 11:50:27 AM

Please respond to "kumar" <[email-masked]>

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:    [Megaco] When do I stop ringing?

Hi All,
   We are trying the following scenerio.
    Termination ID of A is term/1 and B is term/2.
  1. A calls B. B is ringing and A is getting Ringback tone.
  2. A goes on-hook while B is ringing.
      A sends on-hook notification to MGC.
  MEGACO/1 [192.168.1.1]
 Transaction = 154 { Context = 14 { Notify = term/1 { ObservedEvents = 756
 {  al/on { init = True }  }  }  }  }

K{440}

!/1 [192.168.1.2]

  Here term/2 is ringing and we got subtract request with embedded signal
 descriptor. As of I understand , the signal descriptor is activated only
 off-hook event occurs(From above request). The ring tone on term/2 will be
 stopped only event occurs or new signal descriptor is activated(As per
 rfc). So when should I stop ring tone on term/2.
 Can anyone clarify this please.

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:45:07 +0530

Hi Kumar,

Thanks
Ashish
www.hssworld.com

To:    [email-masked]
cc:

Hi All,

K{440}

!/1 [192.168.1.2]

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar