Subject: [Megaco] Setting Root proerties

From: "Karthikeyan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:06:07 +0530

HI,

Can anybody please convey me why root package properties are grouped in
media descriptor? 

Regards

Karthik

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:59:50 -0400

Because that is where the TerminationState descriptor resides.
 
Properties must reside in one of several descriptors: TerminationState,
LocalControl, Local, Remote or (for Version 3) ContextAttribute.
TerminationState is for properties that affect the termination but are not
related to streams, for example, ServiceStates.  LocalControl is for
stream-related properties that are generic to the stream, such as Mode.
Local and Remote are for properties that are related to the particular
stream directions.  These are generally conveyed via Annex C codepoints for
binary and SDP for text.  ContextAttribute is for properties related to the
function of the context -- mixing properties and other such things.
 
Note that all of these descriptors except ContextAttribute is contained in
the Media descriptor.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Karthikeyan S
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 8:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Setting Root proerties

HI,

Regards

Karthik