Subject: [Megaco] Virtual MG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:47:45 +0300

Hello,

My question is regarding Virtual MGs.

According to the RFC it seems that Physical MG may have one network
interface that is shared by multiple Virtual MGs.
In such a case in an incoming message from MGC to the MG, how does the MG
determine to which virtual MG message is related to?

Is it according to the transport layer?  is it according to the dest port ?
Each Virtual MG listens on a different udp port for h248 signaling?

Or the signaling layer? messages are distinguished according to the h248
message content? (e.g. according to the termination message is referenced
to?)

Thanks, Aliza

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:56:08 +1000

Hello Aliza,

The key to virtual MGs is that they are treated like seperate MGs. Each Virtual 
MG has to register with the MGC with its own set of ServiceChange commands on 
root with the applicable addresses etc. During this the signalling association 
is set up.

Regards, Christian