Subject: [Megaco] Questions on RTP statistics (Jitter and Delay)

From: Somnath Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:26:16 -0700

Hi,

I've couple of questions on reporting RTP statistics (mainly, Jitter and 
Delay parameters). RFC 3525 (section E.12.4) specifies that they need to 
be specified as timestamp units as in RFC 1889. From RFC 1889 (section 
4), I found that (NTP) timestamp is specified in seconds which has 
integral and decimal part (could be 32 or 64 bit).

The questions are -

1) Is my understanding correct about the timestamp unit (i.e., they are 
specified as seconds) ? Note that in LCD, Jitter is specified in millisec.

2) No 'Type' is specified for Jitter and Delay fields in RFC 3525. Does 
that mean I can assume any - 32 or 64 bit ?

Thanks in advance,
Somnath.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco