Subject: Re: [Megaco] Questions - Primary MGC failure

From: "Chirayu Patel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:29:55 +0530

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:35:21 +0530,
[email-masked] said:
>2. How does the secondary MGC learn of the lost Notify (point 3 above)?
>      Should the MG resend all failed Notifies to the secondary MGC?
>
> [FSS] Either the MG retransmit the Notify to the secondary MGC or MGC
> will come to know of the termination hook-status through Audit
> procedure. 

How will MGC come to know of the hook-status through Audit Procedure? I
don't see any way for the MG to send hook-status or previous observed
events when eventbuffering is off.

thanks,
CP

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:51:36 +0530

IMPORTANT: HUGHES SOFTWARE SYSTEMS LTD. (HSS) IS NOW FLEXTRONICS SOFTWARE
SYSTEMS LTD. (FSS)
Hi

MGC would come to know the EventDescriptor armed on the termination through
Audit Procedure and if it does not matches with its EventDescriptor
status,  MGC can arm new EventDescriptor and can even verify the
hook-status through the "state" or "failwrong" values of the
EventDescriptor strict parameter.

regards
Venkat

             "Chirayu Patel"                                               
             <chirayu@chirayu.                                             
             org>                                                       To 
             Sent by:                  B Venkat S.R Swamy/HSS@HSS          
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                           
                                       [email-masked]                     
             03/29/2005 11:29                                      Subject 
             AM                        Re: [Megaco] Questions - Primary    
                                       MGC failure                         

                                                                           

thanks,
CP

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software 
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for 
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received 
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: "Chirayu Patel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:15:15 +0530

I don't suppose MGC would set a new EventDescriptor if the one returned
in the Reply is equal to its own copy. In this case, MGC will not be
able to detect the hook-status through Audit.

To ensure that MGC gets the new hook-status, MG will have to re-transmit
the Notify to the new MGC. There does not seem to be any other way out.
What do you think?

regards, 
CP

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:51:36 +0530,
[email-masked] said:

> MGC would come to know the EventDescriptor armed on the termination
> through Audit Procedure and if it does not matches with its
> EventDescriptor status,  MGC can arm new EventDescriptor and can even
> verify the hook-status through the "state" or "failwrong" values of
> the EventDescriptor strict parameter.