Subject: RE: [Megaco] Statictics in the Network package

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:03:05 -0500

I took a contribution proposing a clarification that all headers are
included in the octet count, since this is part of the network package, and
ought to count the octets on the network.
 
The issue starts to get complicated, though, when you start to think about
not only transport headers, but also transmission line headers, shared
headers, etc.  The group was unable to come to a conclusion at the Melbourne
meeting and is soliciting contributions to help provide concrete definition
for octet counts in the scope of H.248.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: CHATRAS Bruno RD-CORE-ISS [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:36 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Statictics in the Network package

Kevin,
 
What about the second question? I don't think it is something that can be
left to the implementation.
 
BC
 
  _____  

De : Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Envoyé : vendredi 18 février 2005 16:21
À : CHATRAS Bruno RD-CORE-ISS; [email-masked]
Objet : RE: [Megaco] Statictics in the Network package

I think it would depend upon your implementation.  Note that both Appendix I
and the I-D you mention are informational in nature, and are not binding.
 
If it isn't possible to keep these counts for a particular termination, then
the MG ought to return 0, or some other indication of the lack of counts.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
CHATRAS Bruno RD-CORE-ISS
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:49 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Statictics in the Network package

Hello, 

Can someone clarify the following two issues regarding the statistics
defined in the Network package: 

1) Are the Octets Sent/Received statistics applicable to all types of
terminations, including analog terminations? 

2) Does the number of octets include the IP header? 

I'm inclided to think that these statitics are not applicable to
terminations representing analog lines. However, the example call flow of
H.248.1 Appendix I seems to have made a different assumption: when the MGC
subtract an analog termination (A5555), the MG returns the following:

Statistics { 
             nt/os=45123, ; Octets Sent 
             nt/or=45123, ; Octets Received 
             nt/dur=40000 ; in milliseconds 
             } 
On the other hand, in the examples documented in
<ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-callflo
ws-04.txt>
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-callflow
s-04.txt, the nt/os and nt/or statistics are never reported for physical
terminations.

Regards, 
Bruno 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Gillian Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:26:37 +1100

Hi All,

The ServiceChange command can be used either MG-->MGC or MGC-->MG direction.

My first question is for taking a termination out of/in service, is MGC
allowed to send a ServiceChange request to MG? or only MG is allowed to
initiate the command?

Second question, in case that the MG is about to send a group of
terminations (subrack1/slot2/1, subrack1/slot2/2, ....subrack1/slot2/12)
within a whole card out of service, including both idle and busy ones, which
Context ID is to be used? NULL plus ALL or NULL plus specific context ids
for specific terminations?

T=1{C=-{SC=subrack1/slot2/*{....}}, C=*{SC=subrack1/slot2/*{....}}}; or

T=1{C=-{SC=subrack1/slot2/*{....}), C=2{SC=subrack1/slot2/1{..}},
C=3{SC=subrack1/slot2/5{..}}};

Any other ways for only the termination IDs matching rather than context IDs
consideration?

Thanks
Gillian