Subject: [Megaco] Inconsistency in the spec concerning SVC with method failover

From: "Chirayu Patel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:50:51 +0530

Section 7.2.8 mentions

      Failover - sent from MG to MGC to indicate the primary MG is out
      of service and a secondary MG is taking over. This serviceChange
      method is also sent from the MG to the MGC when the MG detects
      that MGC has failed.

Annex D.1.5 mentions

      In order to account for the possibility of an undetected or in
      progress "failover", we modify the classic algorithm so that if
      the Media Gateway receives a valid ServiceChange message
      announcing a failover, it will start transmitting outstanding
      commands to that new MGC.

Annex D.1.5 implies that MGC will send failover to MG whereas
Section 7.2.8 mention that failover is always sent from MG to MGC.

I think the Annex is in error and should be corrected and the
aforementioned lines should be replaced with text similar to.

      MG should transmit a Service Change with method failover to the
      secondary MGC when it detects a broken association . On successful
      completion of the Service Change procedure the MG SHOULD
      retransmit outstanding commands to the new MGC. All outstanding
      commands received from the failed MGC SHOULD be aborted.

regards,

CP

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco