Subject: [Megaco] Would any one please know the status of SGCP and IPDC?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:46:11 -0500

Dear all,

MGCP mentioned about both SGCP and IPDC.  It looks to me that MGCP was generated based upon SGCP and IPDC.  But, I am not sure how SGCP and IPDC are doing by themselves right now.  Would any one please know which organizations are working on SGCP and IPDC respectively?

Thanks,
Jane D. Jiang
Data Engineering
ALLTEL Communications, Inc.
1 Allied Drive, Little Rock, AR 72202
Work: 501-905-6243
Mobile:

******************************************************************************************
The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain 
privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the 
person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person 
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, ALLTEL requests 
that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its 
attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else. 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:42:57 -0400

Telcordia originated SGCP.  When IPDC was merged into it to make MGCP, Telcordia 
dropped work on SGCP and carried on with MGCP.

IPDC was created under the auspices of Level 3.  I've heard rumours of 
implementations, but I don't think any organization actually supports it as a 
"standard".

Tom Taylor