Subject: Re: [Megaco] Questions - Primary MGC failure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:35:21 +0530

IMPORTANT: HUGHES SOFTWARE SYSTEMS LTD. (HSS) IS NOW FLEXTRONICS SOFTWARE
SYSTEMS LTD. (FSS)
Hi

find the comments embedded below [FSS]

Regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             "Chirayu Patel"                                               
             <chirayu@chirayu.                                             
             org>                                                       To 
             Sent by:                  [email-masked]                     
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Questions - Primary MGC    
             03/28/2005 06:59          failure                             
             PM                                                            

Hi folks,

Few questions on the MG/MGC behavior when the primary MGC fails.

Scenario
--------

1. MG is an access gateway interfacing with POTS
2. MG is configured with a primary and a secondary MGC.
3. MG does not get a reply from the primary MGC for a certain
   transaction..for example a Notify with an onhook event.
4. MG assumes that the primary MGC has failed and sends SVC with method
   "failover" to secondary MGC.

Questions
---------

1. What should MG do about existing contexts? Should it delete them or
   will the secondary MGC send a Subtract if it does not have the state?
[FSS]
The exact behaviour is implementation issue, however in failover and
handoff scenario, typically the new MGC would Audit the MG to know the
status of the terminations and contexts existing on the MG and take
corrective actions. MG ideally should not take  decision of its own to
delete the contexts.
[FSS]

2. How does the secondary MGC learn of the lost Notify (point 3 above)?
   Should the MG resend all failed Notifies to the secondary MGC?
[FSS] Either the MG retransmit the Notify to the secondary MGC or MGC will
come to know of the termination hook-status through Audit procedure.
[FSS]

thanks,
CP

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software 
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for 
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received 
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco