Subject: [Megaco] newcomer's question

From: Ion <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:42:46 +0300

Can anyone please tell me where in Annex B (or elsewhere) is it stipulated 
that besides pkgdName (in the ex. below al/on) stand EventDescriptor 
parameters? (in the ex. below (strict=state)) ? 

>From MGC to MG2: 

MEGACO/1 [123.123.123.4 <http://123.123.123.4>]:55555 
Transaction = 50006 { 
Context = 5000 { 
Modify = A5555 { 
Events = 1235 {al/on(strict=state)}.....

Thnak you!
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:14:17 -0400

Annex A and Annex B both define how EventsDescriptor parameters are included
in messages of the two encodings in the various Event constructs.  In Annex
B, I believe the event parameters would fall under the eventOther construct,
if memory serves.  I am not looking at the spec right this second, though,
so I may be remembering the wrong construct.

Note that the example message you included is syntactically invalid.
Parameters to Events and Signals are emclosed in brackets "{}", not
parentheses.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of Ion
Sent: Fri 4/8/2005 7:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] newcomer's question

Thnak you!

---

From: Dragos Cantemir <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:18:18 -0700

Hi Ion,

In RFC3525 annex B you can find the following productions:
   eventsDescriptor     = EventsToken [ EQUAL RequestID LBRKT
                        requestedEvent *( COMMA requestedEvent ) RBRKT ]
   requestedEvent       = pkgdName [ LBRKT eventParameter
                          *( COMMA eventParameter ) RBRKT ] 
So, a correct EventDescriptor would be something like:
 Events = 1 {al/on {strict = exact}}

I hope this helps,
Dragos

---

From: Ion <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:18:24 +0300

Thanks Dragos!