Subject: RE: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe dwa /datasignals

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:54:25 -0400

Why, exactly, is the TAS needed in the dwa signal?  The TAS should be
provisioned PER TERMINATION.  In what instance would the TAS need to be
overridden per signal instance?  The TAS is mostly dependent upon the
equipment present at the customer premise.  The only time the TAS would be
altered would be based upon a change of equipment at the customer premise.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:43 AM
To: Jan Lindquist (AL/EAB)
Cc: Wayne Cutler; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe
dwa/datasignals

Hello Jan,

A simplified proposal, focusing on your options 1 (method prior to ringing)
and 2 (during ringing):

- For network operators having a single method (either 1 or 2) defined for
all subscribers,
-> Use always andisp/dwa with pattern='n'.
Actual method is provisioned in the Gateway. GW takes full control on all
signals and timing.

- For network operators having both methods coexisting in the same network,
-> Use andisp/dwa with pattern='n' for method= during ringing.
-> Use andisp/data with tas='rp' for method= prior to ringing.
In the second case, the MGC will be responsible for controlling timer T2
after being notified of signal completion, before applying signal alert/ri.

Regards,
      Fernando Togores

                      "Jan Lindquist

                      \(AL/EAB\)"               To:      Fernando TOGORES
CABALLERO/ES/ALCATEL@ALCATEL, "Wayne Cutler"                  
                      <jan.lindquist@er         <[email-masked]>

                      icsson.com>               cc:      <[email-masked]>

                                                Subject: RE: [Megaco]
interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe     dwa/data     
                      26/04/05 12.13            signals

Hello Fernando,

Is the reason for using data signal instead of dwa because the TAS parameter
is not included in the dwa signal?  This would mean that the only means of
control of TAS parameter is through a signal list with a data and a ringing
signal.  Is this correct?

Regards,
JanL

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: den 26 april 2005 11:13
To: Wayne Cutler
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe
dwa/data signals

Hi Wayne,

Thanks, you are right.  I meant signal andisp/data for option 1.

Regards,
      Fernando Togores

                      "Wayne Cutler"

                      <Wayne.Cutler@ma         To:      Fernando TOGORES
CABALLERO/ES/ALCATEL@ALCATEL
                      rconi.com>               cc:      "Jan Lindquist
\(AL/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
                                               [email-masked]

                      26/04/05 11.10           Subject: Re: [Megaco]
interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package and the    dwa/data
                                               signals

Hi Fernando,

One query against your resonse :-

>Regarding your question #1, if an operator wants to implement both 
>methods in the same network (very uncommon) our proposal would be:

>1.- Prior to ringing
>Signal andisp/dwa{db="octect string",tas=rp}, followed by signal 
>alert/ri{pattern='n'}

The TAS parmeter does not exist in the dwa signal. Did you mean andisp/data
here ?

Reagrds
Wayne Cutler

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco