Subject: RE: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe dwa/data signals

From: "Jan Lindquist \(AL/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:13:44 +0200

Hello Fernando,

Is the reason for using data signal instead of dwa because the TAS
parameter is not included in the dwa signal?  This would mean that the
only means of control of TAS parameter is through a signal list with a
data and a ringing signal.  Is this correct?

Regards,
JanL

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: den 26 april 2005 11:13
To: Wayne Cutler
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe
dwa/data signals

Hi Wayne,

Thanks, you are right.  I meant signal andisp/data for option 1.

Regards,
      Fernando Togores

                      "Wayne Cutler"

                      <Wayne.Cutler@ma         To:      Fernando TOGORES
CABALLERO/ES/ALCATEL@ALCATEL                                  
                      rconi.com>               cc:      "Jan Lindquist
\(AL/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],      
                                               [email-masked]

                      26/04/05 11.10           Subject: Re: [Megaco]
interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package and the    dwa/data     
                                               signals

Hi Fernando,

One query against your resonse :-

>Regarding your question #1, if an operator wants to implement both 
>methods in the same network (very uncommon) our proposal would be:

>1.- Prior to ringing
>Signal andisp/dwa{db="octect string",tas=rp}, followed by signal 
>alert/ri{pattern='n'}

The TAS parmeter does not exist in the dwa signal. Did you mean
andisp/data here ?

Reagrds
Wayne Cutler

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:42:45 +0200

Hello Jan,

A simplified proposal, focusing on your options 1 (method prior to ringing)
and 2 (during ringing):

- For network operators having a single method (either 1 or 2) defined for
all subscribers,
-> Use always andisp/dwa with pattern='n'.
Actual method is provisioned in the Gateway. GW takes full control on all
signals and timing.

- For network operators having both methods coexisting in the same network,
-> Use andisp/dwa with pattern='n' for method= during ringing.
-> Use andisp/data with tas='rp' for method= prior to ringing.
In the second case, the MGC will be responsible for controlling timer T2
after being notified of signal completion, before applying signal alert/ri.

Regards,
      Fernando Togores

                      "Jan Lindquist                                                                                                    
                      \(AL/EAB\)"               To:      Fernando TOGORES CABALLERO/ES/ALCATEL@ALCATEL, "Wayne Cutler"                  
                      <jan.lindquist@er         <[email-masked]>                                                              
                      icsson.com>               cc:      <[email-masked]>                                                              
                                                Subject: RE: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe     dwa/data     
                      26/04/05 12.13            signals                                                                                 

Hello Fernando,

Regards,
JanL

-----Original Message-----

Hi Wayne,

Regards,
      Fernando Togores

                      "Wayne Cutler"

Hi Fernando,

Reagrds
Wayne Cutler

---

From: "Jan Lindquist \(AL/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:51:26 +0200

Hello Fernando,

Questions follows with JLI>>>

Regards,
JanL

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: den 26 april 2005 12:43
To: Jan Lindquist (AL/EAB)
Cc: [email-masked]; Wayne Cutler
Subject: RE: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe
dwa/data signals

Hello Jan,

A simplified proposal, focusing on your options 1 (method prior to
ringing) and 2 (during ringing):

- For network operators having a single method (either 1 or 2) defined
for all subscribers,
-> Use always andisp/dwa with pattern='n'.
Actual method is provisioned in the Gateway. GW takes full control on
all signals and timing.

- For network operators having both methods coexisting in the same
network,
-> Use andisp/dwa with pattern='n' for method= during ringing. Use 
-> andisp/data with tas='rp' for method= prior to ringing.
In the second case, the MGC will be responsible for controlling timer T2
after being notified of signal completion, before applying signal
alert/ri.

JLI>>> Do you mean you do not use signal list but wait for the first
data signal to complete (indicated with a Notify message) prior to
sending a NEW ringing signal.  One concern I had with signal list is
that the timing between data and ringing need to be provisioned in the
MG which is not the correct maner to use signal list.  In your example
you leave the provisioning in the MGC which is I think more correct.

If the dwa is updated to include TAS then you do not need to have
seperate commands to apply the signals with the correct timing.

Regards,
      Fernando Togores

                      "Jan Lindquist

                      \(AL/EAB\)"               To:      Fernando
TOGORES CABALLERO/ES/ALCATEL@ALCATEL, "Wayne Cutler"                  
                      <jan.lindquist@er
<[email-masked]>

                      icsson.com>               cc:
<[email-masked]>

                                                Subject: RE: [Megaco]
interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package andthe     dwa/data     
                      26/04/05 12.13            signals

Hello Fernando,

Regards,
JanL

-----Original Message-----

Hi Wayne,

Regards,
      Fernando Togores

                      "Wayne Cutler"

Hi Fernando,

Reagrds
Wayne Cutler