Subject: RE: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package and the dw a/datasignals

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:37:04 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Jan Lindquist (AL/EAB)
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 2:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] interpretation of H.248.23 andisp package and the
dwa/datasignals

Hello megaco community,
 
This e-mail is a question to the megaco community and their interpretation
of the andisp package and the dwa and data signals.
 
Question 1:
 
The description of the display with alerting signal in H.248.23 has the
following text:
 
"Sends the display information to the CPE. This signal indicates that the
data must be applied during alerting - either power ringing, or call
waiting. Therefore, this signal implies alerting, which will be
appropriately applied to the CPE by the gateway, based upon the on
hook/off-hook status of the line."

The ETSI specification, EN 300 659-1, On-Hook Data Transmission, defines the
following data transmission methods:

1. prior to ringing (including TAS equal to Ringing Pulse-Alert Singal),

2. during ringing (ie between the first and second ringing pattern) 

Which signals defined in the andisp package should be used to support the
two methods because it is not clear from the andisp package descrition for
dwa signal can be applied for method 1?

[KJBII] As per the description and examples in the Procedures section, dwa
would be used with the type of TAS provisioned for the termination. The
examples in the Procedures section clearly show and explain this, including
one example each of application of the FSK data prior to ringing and during
ringing.

Question 2:

Additionally it would be useful to find out what MG and MGC vendors have
implemented for methods 1 and 2.

[KJBII] The MGCs and MGs with which I have experience have all implemented
the use of the dwa signal for all data transfer associated with alerting --
both on-hook and off-hook alerting. 

Best Regards,
Jan Lindquist

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco