Subject: [Megaco] Auditing Observed Events Buffer & ROOT event handling

From: "Stephen Mell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:42:07 +0000

Hello list,

If a termination has the buffer property set to lockstep in its 
Termination State Descriptor, and the MGC calls upon the MG to audit the 
ObservedEvents in the Buffer, then how would buffered DTMF digits be 
reported back to the MGC? Its impossible to know in advance how the MGC is 
going to ask for these Events to be reported (in an Events descriptor that 
is yet to arrive) and there are a number of alternatives within each 
supported DTMF detection package (eg: dd/d0 ... etc. dd/std plus dd/etd). 
Also there may be more than one supported package (dd, xdd, edd)

Where there is more than one supported package that could be used to 
report a certain types of buffered events, and these packages form an 
inheritance tree. Should the convention be that:

a) The most distant supported ancestor (non-abstract) package is used in 
preference.

or

b) The least distant ancestor package is used in preference

Also,  I have a seperate question about ROOT event handling - Is the ROOT 
event handler permanently set to its default BufferControlMode, or is it 
in theorey possible to change the event handling mode of ROOT by changing 
the buffer property using a Modify of the 
Media{TerminationState{buffer=XXXX}} property?

TIA,

Steve Mell.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco