Subject: [Megaco] Question on version negotiation

From: "Karthikeyan Sankaran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 21:53:19 -0800

Hi,

In case after version negotiation with version 2 we get a message with
version 1. What should be the error code sent:

i)                     Error code 406

ii)                   Error code 401 since version 2 is negotiated and
it has to be backward compatible we can't say unsupported but it is a
protocol error.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Karthik

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Sudhanshu Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:10:30 +0530

Hi Karthik,

It should return protocol error (401).

The version negotiation has been done successfully and becomes a protocol
violation to send the message with version 1.
Also, it is possible that the version 1 as well as 2 is supported by the
entity so ideally it should not return "Version not supported" (406).

If MG requests the protocol version to be 1 during protocol version
negotiation and MGC supports only higher version (say 2) then MGC should
reply back with "Version not supported" (406).

Regards,
Sudhanshu.
Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-4176301 extn 5109
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             "Karthikeyan                                                  
             Sankaran"                                                     
             <[email-masked]                                          To 
             m>                        <[email-masked]>                   
             Sent by:                                                   cc 
             megaco-bounces@ie                                             
             tf.org                                                Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Question on version        
                                       negotiation                         
             12/26/2005 11:23                                              
             AM                                                            

Hi,

         i)                     Error code 406
         ii)                   Error code 401 since version 2 is negotiated
         and it has to be backward compatible we can’t say unsupported but
         it is a protocol error.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Karthik

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."