Subject: RE: [Megaco] Question on version negotiation

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:27:24 -0500

Actually, this is wrong.  Per the IG as agreed at the last meeting, the
error returned should be 406.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Sudhanshu Garg
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2005 1:41 AM
To: Karthikeyan Sankaran
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Question on version negotiation

Hi Karthik,

It should return protocol error (401).

The version negotiation has been done successfully and becomes a
protocol violation to send the message with version 1.
Also, it is possible that the version 1 as well as 2 is supported by the
entity so ideally it should not return "Version not supported" (406).

If MG requests the protocol version to be 1 during protocol version
negotiation and MGC supports only higher version (say 2) then MGC should
reply back with "Version not supported" (406).

Regards,
Sudhanshu.
Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-4176301 extn 5109
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             "Karthikeyan

             Sankaran"

             <[email-masked]
To 
             m>                        <[email-masked]>

             Sent by:
cc 
             megaco-bounces@ie

             tf.org
Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Question on version

                                       negotiation

             12/26/2005 11:23

             AM

 

Hi,

In case after version negotiation with version 2 we get a message with
version 1. What should be the error code sent:

         i)                     Error code 406
         ii)                   Error code 401 since version 2 is
negotiated
         and it has to be backward compatible we can't say unsupported
but
         it is a protocol error.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Karthik
 _______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco