Subject: [Megaco] wildcards

From: "Arash." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:45:17 +0330

hi ...

Supposing the MGC wants to add a physical termination provisioned in a
specific MG but it doesnt know its terminationID ,
Can I ADD a termination to a context with TerminationID=ALL ,and DigitMap
descriptor defining the exact phone number MGC is looking for so MG can
reply with the TerminationID it has assigned to that specific phoneline
provisioned in it?

Thanks ahead,
Arash.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:11:11 -0500

The general Megaco model does not assume that phone numbers are assigned 
to specific terminations.  The linkage between phone number and 
terminationID would normally be kept in the MGC.  The only way the MG 
could have this information is:
  -- because the terminationID includes the phone number. This would be 
a local convention requiring agreement between the MG and MGC; or
  -- because some package supported by the terminations of the MG 
includes a property that contains the assigned telephone number.  I 
don't know all the available packages in detail, but I'm not aware of 
such a package.

Note that if telephone numbers were assigned to specific terminations, 
you couldn't have features such as hunt groups.

Arash. wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>