Subject: [Megaco] Digit Map Timers

From: "Mayhan, Heather M [NTK]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:52:50 -0600

I am trying to find out if there is a way to invoke the Critical Digit
Map Timer (~4 secs) via the Digit Map instead of the Partial Digit Map
Timer (~16 secs).

Dialing 1411 causes an extensive delay (due to Partial Digit Map Timer)
in call connection due Digit Map Sequencing not matching up.

Heather

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:05:02 -0500

Using H.248 terminology, you want to use the Short Interdigit Timer,
rather than the Long Interdigit Timer.
 
Under the matching rules defined in H.248.16, the specification of 'S'
in the DigitMap will cause all timing to go short when it is encountered
in one of the still-viable digitstrings.  This is due to the "shortest
possible match" nature of the extended rules.  If using the base rules
defined in H.248.1, then there is no way to cause the Short Timer to
override if there are multiple strings left to match against and they do
not all specify the 'S' timer in the strings.  This is due to the
"longest possible match" nature of these rules.
 
So, using your example, if my DigitMap consisted of: {1411S|1411x}
 
Then using the base rules, you would have to wait for the Long Timer to
expire due to the second digit string.  Under the extended rules, the
map would match as soon as the Short Timer expired.
 
Kevin

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Mayhan, Heather M [NTK]
	Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:53 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] Digit Map Timers

	I am trying to find out if there is a way to invoke the Critical
Digit Map Timer (~4 secs) via the Digit Map instead of the Partial Digit
Map Timer (~16 secs).

	Dialing 1411 causes an extensive delay (due to Partial Digit Map
Timer) in call connection due Digit Map Sequencing not matching up.

	Heather