Subject: RE: [Megaco] wildcards

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:17:15 -0500

If the intent was to add a single termination, then using ALL wouldn't
be a very good idea.  CHOOSE can be used with physical terminations, as
long as enough information about the termination is sent with the
command to allow the MG to determine the appropriate TerminationID.
Generally speaking, this would be via partial specification of the
TerminationID.

Note that DigitMaps do not describe an attribute of the termination.
Rather, DigitMaps describe the digit sequences that are to be collected
via completion events sent in the Events Descriptor.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:5N00:EXCH]
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 10:11 AM
To: Arash.
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] wildcards

The general Megaco model does not assume that phone numbers are assigned
to specific terminations.  The linkage between phone number and
terminationID would normally be kept in the MGC.  The only way the MG
could have this information is:
  -- because the terminationID includes the phone number. This would be
a local convention requiring agreement between the MG and MGC; or
  -- because some package supported by the terminations of the MG
includes a property that contains the assigned telephone number.  I
don't know all the available packages in detail, but I'm not aware of
such a package.

Note that if telephone numbers were assigned to specific terminations,
you couldn't have features such as hunt groups.

Arash. wrote:
> hi ...
> 
> Supposing the MGC wants to add a physical termination provisioned in a

> specific MG but it doesnt know its terminationID , Can I ADD a 
> termination to a context with TerminationID=ALL ,and DigitMap 
> descriptor defining the exact phone number MGC is looking for so MG 
> can reply with the TerminationID it has assigned to that specific 
> phoneline provisioned in it?
> 
> Thanks ahead,
> Arash.
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Megaco mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Arash." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:22:55 +0330

Thanks for your informative replys.

To Tom :
Sorry for taking your time,the subject is not clarified for me completly
yet.

1- Based on your reply that
"Megaco model does not assume that phone numbers are assigned to specific
terminations",
and "The linkage between phone number and TerminationID would normally be
kept in the MGC."
Suppose the MGC has been told to make a connection between phonenumber XX
and phonenumber YY which are provisioned in 2 different trunking GateWays.
How the MGC decides which TermID's are associated to these phonenumbers to
Add them?

2- What is the Hunt Group feature ? I couldnt find it in RFC3525 .

Arash.