Subject: [Megaco] UDP supervision

From: Vijay Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:28:13 +0100

Hi,

If we have a MGC and MGw communicating over UDP control link and below
sequence happens .

1) Assuming the link is up towards the MGw and Supervision messages
are sent (empty root audits) and replied from MGw.
2) Control link in MGw goes down
3) Control link in MGw comes up before (MGC) has detected that the
communication was down
4) MGW start sending service change messages to MGC.

How should the MGC handle these messages?

Thanks

Regards
Vijay

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:06:09 +0530

Hi
Usually MGw would send ServiceChange with Disconnected method to indicate
MGC that the communication link was broken for while and now it has
recovered.
MGC would then initiate Audit Procedures so as to come in sync with MGw.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             Vijay Iyengar                                                 
             <[email-masked]                                             
             om>                                                        To 
             Sent by:                  [email-masked]                     
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] UDP supervision            
             01/08/2006 10:58                                              
             PM                                                            

Hi,

Thanks

Regards
Vijay

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."