Subject: [Megaco] how to deal the (dd/ce), when MG not receive any digit

From: "yu zhong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:57:22 +0000

hi all !

       if MGC send to MG (dd/ce),  but MG not rceive any digit ,then Timer 
is out ,so MG will report
(dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM).
       I think if MG do not report (dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM)  , the MGC will not 
know what happend, will casue a call is hung! so the MG 
report(dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM) is important.
      or it will cause any other problem?

Thanks

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:07:53 -0500

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: B Venkat S.R Swamy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 8:00 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; yu zhong
Subject: RE: [Megaco] how to deal the (dd/ce), when MG not receive any
digit

Hi

just to add to this,  if extended digitmap procedures are used then MG
can also specifiy the start timer expiry by specifying start timer(T) in
the
digitstring:
!/2 [12.34.56.78]:2944
T=123{C=12{N=term{OE=12{xdd/xce{ds="T",meth=PM}}}}}

[KJBII] Well, yes, but the question was specifically about dd/ce.

however I have a related query, In Megaco V2, the ABNF syntax for
digitMapLetter allows start timer "T" also.

*******************
digitMapLetter       = DIGIT   ;Basic event symbols
                      / %x41-4B / %x61-6B ; a-k, A-K
                      / "L" / "S" / "T" ;Inter-event timers
                              ; (long, short, start)
                      / "Z"             ;Long duration modifier

*******************************
so the query is, what are the scenario where the start timer "T"  will
be part of Dialplan. As per the digitmap procedures, start timer(either
configured or specified in the digit map descriptor) is started as soon
as the dial plan gets activated irrespective of whether it is mentioned
in the dialplan or not. Hence what is the significance of "T" in the
dialplan given by MGC to MG.

[KJBII] It allows the MGC to specify a point in the dialstring where the
MG would revert to using the start timer.  I can't think of any
particular reason why this would be done...

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             "Kevin Boyle"

             <[email-masked]

             m>
To 
             Sent by:                  "yu zhong"

             megaco-bounces@ie         <[email-masked]>,

             tf.org                    <[email-masked]>

cc 
                                       [email-masked],
[email-masked], 
             01/27/2006 10:43          [email-masked],

             AM                        [email-masked],

                                       [email-masked]

Subject 
                                       RE: [Megaco] how to deal the

                                       (dd/ce), when MG not receive any

                                       digit

 

The MG would send back:

!/1 [12.34.56.78]:2944 T=123{C=12{N=term{OE=12{dd/ce{ds="",meth=PM}}}}}

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of yu zhong
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] how to deal the (dd/ce), when MG not receive any digit

hi all !

       if MGC send to MG (dd/ce),  but MG not rceive any digit ,then
Timer is out ,so MG will report (dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM).
       I think if MG do not report (dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM)  , the MGC will
not know what happend, will casue a call is hung! so the MG
report(dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM) is important.
      or it will cause any other problem?

Thanks

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."