Subject: [Megaco] Doubts - RFC3015

From: Leandro Nobre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:11:41 -0200

I would like to kindly ask for your expertise to clarify some doubts
concerning RFC3015 - MEGACO.

1)  According to RFC 2198, it doesn't matter the order of fmtp and rtpmap
within the message (check the example below). The customer requires the MG
to send back the fmtp/rtpmap in the reply message, but the Softswitch (MGC)
is not setting local/remote descriptor parameters in MODIFY message to make
the MG send related values in the reply message. The doubt is: Should the
negotiation of payload type always be handled by the MGC in any way?  

Example:

MG sends the SDP with the following sequence :

 m=audio 4190 RTP/AVP 18 100

a=ptime:20

a=fmtp:100 0-15

a=rtpmap:100 telephone-event/8000

2) According to item 7.1.14.2 of RFC3015,  we comprehend that when the
Modify with DIGITMAP parameter starts a digit/tone detection timer, it
should be renewed by the MGC.  Is it correct even in fax calls ? 

If the MGC don't renew the timing, the MG will send a Notify  empty - ds "".
If this notify is disabled, which will be the consequences on the network?

3) Also according to RFC3015, we understand that after the MODIFY message
starting the event detection, the MGC must send a new MODIFY with g/cause to
stop the MG to notify any event detected. Now, the MGC is not sending any
MODIFY after the detection, and we have an excess of NOTIFY messages in the
network. Is there any other way to stop this event detection not by the MGC
acting like mentioned above?

eventsDescriptor = EventsToken EQUAL RequestID LBRKT

requestedEvent *( COMMA requestedEvent ) RBRKT

4) Customer wants to make the AuditValue command act as the NOTIFY {it/ito}
heartbeat function. We understand that, instead of MGCP AuditEndpoint
command, the AuditValue command should not be used in this way. Is it
correct?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Leandro Nobre Leal Rodrigues 
FN Engineer | NGN Team | Huawei Technologies 
Mobile: +55 11 9453 4355 
Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]  
 <http://www.huawei.com/> www.huawei.com 
TAC - TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CENTER - 0800 707 707 3
 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco