Subject: RE: [Megaco] how to deal the (dd/ce), when MG not receive any digit

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:13:38 -0500

The MG would send back:

!/1 [12.34.56.78]:2944 T=123{C=12{N=term{OE=12{dd/ce{ds="",meth=PM}}}}}

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of yu zhong
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] how to deal the (dd/ce), when MG not receive any digit

hi all !

       if MGC send to MG (dd/ce),  but MG not rceive any digit ,then
Timer is out ,so MG will report (dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM).
       I think if MG do not report (dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM)  , the MGC will
not know what happend, will casue a call is hung! so the MG
report(dd/ds="",dd/meth=PM) is important.
      or it will cause any other problem?

Thanks

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:29:42 +0530

Hi

just to add to this,  if extended digitmap procedures are used then MG can
also specifiy the start timer expiry by specifying start timer(T) in the
digitstring:
!/2 [12.34.56.78]:2944 T=123{C=12{N=term{OE=12{xdd/xce{ds="T",meth=PM}}}}}

however I have a related query, In Megaco V2, the ABNF syntax for
digitMapLetter allows start timer "T" also.

*******************
digitMapLetter       = DIGIT   ;Basic event symbols
                      / %x41-4B / %x61-6B ; a-k, A-K
                      / "L" / "S" / "T" ;Inter-event timers
                              ; (long, short, start)
                      / "Z"             ;Long duration modifier

*******************************
so the query is, what are the scenario where the start timer "T"  will be
part of Dialplan. As per the digitmap procedures, start timer(either
configured or specified in the digit map descriptor) is started as soon as
the dial plan gets activated irrespective of whether it is mentioned in the
dialplan or not. Hence what is the significance of "T" in the dialplan
given by MGC to MG.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             "Kevin Boyle"                                                 
             <[email-masked]                                             
             m>                                                         To 
             Sent by:                  "yu zhong"                          
             megaco-bounces@ie         <[email-masked]>,          
             tf.org                    <[email-masked]>                   
                                                                        cc 
                                       [email-masked], [email-masked], 
             01/27/2006 10:43          [email-masked],             
             AM                        [email-masked],                  
                                       [email-masked]             
                                                                   Subject 
                                       RE: [Megaco] how to deal the        
                                       (dd/ce), when MG not receive any    
                                       digit                               

                                                                           

The MG would send back:

Kevin

-----Original Message-----

hi all !

Thanks

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."