Subject: [Megaco] TerminationState descriptor

From: "Nenad Milidrag" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:52:29 -0400

Hi,

I am not sure how to interpret TISPAN's document ETSI ES 283 018 (it
defines BGF profile) in the case, for example, of TerminationState
descriptor.  I would appreciate if somebody can explain.

In section 5.7.1 it defines TerminationState descriptor and it only
mentions ServiceState property so I assume other stream-independent
properties don't need to be supported for this profile.  However, in
section 5.14.2.2 same document states that all properties from base root
package should be supported and this means that many other
stream-independent properties should be supported.  Hence, my question
is was my assumption made in 5.7.1 wrong?  Probably yes, but then
document probably should omit section 5.7.1 it is confusing, right?  Or
at least have a comment related to other properties.

Thank you,

Nenad

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:41:03 +0530

Hi

I do agree with you that current profile template is bit confusing since it does not mention anything about the various package properties in TerminationStateDescriptor(TSD)

and LocalControlDescriptor(LCD) in section 5.7 of Profile template, except in the package section 5.14.

Therefore there is a need for the profile template as defined in Appendix III, H248.1 V3(Sep 2005) to be modified to handle following items:

> TerminationState Descriptor, currently it is missing

> section which captures what all properties as defined in various packages are relevant for TSD and LCD or give proper comments that properties relevant for the profile

are captured in the package section 5.14.

currently there are certain profiles like ETSI TISPAN Mp Profile and ETSI TISPAN ETSI ES 283 002(profile for access and residential gateway) that do capture

properties relevant in the 5.7 section also.

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

"Nenad Milidrag" <[email-masked]>

"Nenad Milidrag" <[email-masked]>

04/19/2006 01:22 AM

To

<[email-masked]>

cc

Subject

[Megaco] TerminationState descriptor

Hi,

I am not sure how to interpret TISPAN’s document ETSI ES 283 018 (it defines BGF profile) in the case, for example, of TerminationState descriptor. I would appreciate if somebody can explain.

In section 5.7.1 it defines TerminationState descriptor and it only mentions ServiceState property so I assume other stream-independent properties don’t need to be supported for this profile. However, in section 5.14.2.2 same document states that all properties from base root package should be supported and this means that many other stream-independent properties should be supported. Hence, my question is was my assumption made in 5.7.1 wrong? Probably yes, but then document probably should omit section 5.7.1 it is confusing, right? Or at least have a comment related to other properties.

Thank you,

Nenad

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:53:34 +0200

Just some background:
A  specific  clause on the "TerminationState Descriptor" is not part of the
ITU-T  profile  template  (H.248.1  V3,  App. III), and was not part of the
initial Ia Profile draft, too.
Clause  §  5.7.1  TerminationState Descriptor was rather late introduced in
draft  283  018  v1.0.5, before TISPAN#09, and again discussed at TISPAN#09
based on 09TD134 ("which proposed to delete this subclause").

The  agreed  solution was to revise Table 5.7.1/1 and to add a NOTE. Please
have  a  look  at  the  note  below  this  table, which should clarify your
questions.

Perhaps Christer may provide further clarifications.

- Albrecht

                      "B Venkat S.R Swamy"                                                                                               
                      <b.swamy@flextronicsso         To:      "Nenad Milidrag" <[email-masked]>                            
                      ftware.com>                    cc:      [email-masked]                                                            
                                                     Subject: Re: [Megaco] TerminationState descriptor                                   
                      19.04.2006 06:11                                                                                                   

Hi

I do agree with you that current profile template is bit confusing since it
does not mention anything about the various package properties in
TerminationStateDescriptor(TSD)
and LocalControlDescriptor(LCD) in section 5.7 of Profile template, except
in the package section 5.14.

Therefore there is a need for the profile template as defined in Appendix
III, H248.1 V3(Sep 2005) to be modified to handle following items:
> section which captures what all properties as defined in various packages
are relevant for TSD and LCD or give proper comments that properties
relevant for the profile
are captured in the package section 5.14.

currently there are certain profiles like ETSI TISPAN Mp Profile and ETSI
TISPAN ETSI ES 283 002(profile for access and residential gateway) that do
capture
properties relevant in the 5.7 section also.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone: +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com
(Embedded image moved to file: pic29213.gif)"Nenad Milidrag"
<[email-masked]>

                         "Nenad Milidrag"                                  
                         <nenad.milidrag@                                  
                         navtelcom.com>                                    
                                          (Embedded image moved to file:   
                                          pic05109.gif)                    
                         04/19/2006 01:22                               To 
                         AM                          (Embedded image moved 
                                                     to file:              
                                                     pic14534.gif)         
                                                     <[email-masked]>     
                                          (Embedded image moved to file:   
                                          pic29556.gif)                    
                                                                        cc 
                                                     (Embedded image moved 
                                                     to file:              
                                                     pic18958.gif)         
                                          (Embedded image moved to file:   
                                          pic05751.gif)                    
                                                                   Subject 
                                                     (Embedded image moved 
                                                     to file:              
                                                     pic23627.gif)         
                                                     [Megaco]              
                                                     TerminationState      
                                                     descriptor            

                                          (Embedded image moved to file:   
                                          pic06410.gif)                    
                                                 (Embedded image moved to  
                                                 file: pic28225.gif)       

Hi,

In section 5.7.1 it defines TerminationState descriptor and it only
mentions ServiceState property so I assume other stream-independent
properties don't need to be supported for this profile. However, in section
5.14.2.2 same document states that all properties from base root package
should be supported and this means that many other stream-independent
properties should be supported. Hence, my question is was my assumption
made in 5.7.1 wrong? Probably yes, but then document probably should omit
section 5.7.1 it is confusing, right? Or at least have a comment related to
other properties.

Thank you,
Nenad

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:00:59 +0530

Hi

I guess the agreed solution you are referring to in the mail below is with reference to draft 283 018 and the note in the 5.7.1/1

However my suggestion is more in generic sense and refers to the issues in the Package template as defined in H248.1 V3(Sep 2005).

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

04/19/2006 12:23 PM

To

B Venkat S.R Swamy/HSS@HSS

cc

[email-masked], "Nenad Milidrag" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Subject

Re: [Megaco] TerminationState descriptor

Just some background:

questions.

- Albrecht

"B Venkat S.R Swamy"

19.04.2006 06:11

Hi

relevant for the profile

capture

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

"Nenad Milidrag"

<nenad.milidrag@

navtelcom.com>

pic05109.gif)

04/19/2006 01:22                               To

AM                          (Embedded image moved

to file:

pic14534.gif)

<[email-masked]>

pic29556.gif)

cc

(Embedded image moved

to file:

pic18958.gif)

pic05751.gif)

Subject

(Embedded image moved

to file:

pic23627.gif)

[Megaco]

TerminationState

descriptor

pic06410.gif)

(Embedded image moved to

file: pic28225.gif)

Hi,

other properties.

Thank you,

Nenad

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

(See attached file: pic29213.gif)(See attached file: pic05109.gif)(See attached file: pic14534.gif)(See attached file: pic29556.gif)(See attached file: pic18958.gif)(See attached file: pic05751.gif)(See attached file: pic23627.gif)(See attached file: pic06410.gif)(See attached file: pic28225.gif)

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:09:27 +1000

Hello,

Do you mean the "Profile Template"?

The first intention of the Profile Template was that it was a "minimum" 
set of items that should be described. People are encouraged to provide 
further clarification where necessary. The secondary consideration was 
to try to minimise duplication of information.

I agree something can be added to 5.7.x for Termination State to at 
least state that the properties for termination state can be found in 5.14.

Regards, Christian

B Venkat S.R Swamy wrote:

> Hi
>
> I guess the agreed solution you are referring to in the mail below is 
> with reference to draft 283 018 and the note in the 5.7.1/1
>
> However my suggestion is more in generic sense and refers to the 
> issues in the Package template as defined in H248.1 V3(Sep 2005).
>
> regards
> B Venkat S.R Swamy
> Senior Technical Leader
> Inactive hide details for 
> [email-masked]@alcatel.de
>
>
>                         [email-masked]*
>
>                         04/19/2006 12:23 PM
>
> 	
>
> To
> 	
> section
> /(See attached file: pic29213.gif)//(See attached file: 
> pic05109.gif)//(See attached file: pic14534.gif)//(See attached file: 
> pic29556.gif)//(See attached file: pic18958.gif)//(See attached file: 
> pic05751.gif)//(See attached file: pic23627.gif)//(See attached file: 
> pic06410.gif)//(See attached file: pic28225.gif)/
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>