Subject: [Megaco] Notify reply issue.

From: "Nicolas Emiliani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:42:58 -0300

Hi list!
Well, I have an issue with the reply to a notify command that comes from the
MG. Basically I'm receiving this message :

   MEGACO/1 [192.168.0.206]:2944
    T=17201{
    C = 2 {
    O-N=TGW206/PDC1/2{
    OE=1235{
    19700101T00015312 : ct/cmp{
    res=Success}}}}}\000

So as u see I have an O-N, in the RFC it says O- means that it's a command
request list for which I  don't understand the use, cause there is only one
command (the notify). Anyways, this is what I'm answering as the MGC:

MEGACO/1 [192.168.0.187]:2948
Reply=17201{
Context=2{O-Notify=TGW206/PDC1/2}}
TransactionResponseAck{3}

What happens next is that the MG starts retransmitting the Notify command
cause it doesn't like my reply. The board I'm using is a trunk gateway from
Audicodes. The guys from audoicodes say that my reply is not valid cause
O-Notify is not  a legal response. I'm really not sure about that, so what
I'm asking is if my answer is ok or not. Should it be "...
Context=2{Notify=TGW206/PDC1/2}... " instead?

shouldn't the TGW be sending a syntax error instead of retransmitting as if
the had no reply?

If anyone could send me an expample of use of the "O-" thing I wpould
appreciate it since I don't fully understand it's use and I can't find any
expamples about it.

Thanks!

Nico
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Maridi Raju Makaraju\(Raju\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:59:18 -0500

Hi Nicolas,

"O-" in front of any Command Request means the command is optional and the
processing can continue
with next command in the request even if a "O-" command fails.
In your case, you just have one command request, so it's not really needed
to include "O-", but it's still
legal to include it in the request.

"O-" (and also "W-" for wildcards) only applies to requests not responses.
So, you should not send back
"O-Notify"... the example you mentioned "...
Context=2{Notify=TGW206/PDC1/2}... " should be the
right response.

-Raju
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Nicolas Emiliani [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:43 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [Megaco] Notify reply issue.

  Hi list!
  Well, I have an issue with the reply to a notify command that comes from
the MG. Basically I'm receiving this message :

  shouldn't the TGW be sending a syntax error instead of retransmitting as
if the had no reply?

  Thanks!

  Nico