Subject: [Megaco] H248 V3 question

From: Tony Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:49:50 +0800

first choice(red word is the path)：

contextAudit        = ContextAuditToken LBRKT (contextAuditProperties 

                          *(COMMA contextAuditProperties)) /

                            indAudcontextAttrDescriptor     RBRKT

; at-most-once except contextAuditSelector

contextAuditProperties     = (TopologyToken / EmergencyToken /

                                  PriorityToken /IEPSToken/ pkgdName /

                                  contextAuditSelector)

; at-most-once

contextAuditSelector        = priority / emergencyValue / iepsValue / 

                                  contextAttrDescriptor / auditSelectLogic

contextAttrDescriptor      = ContextAttrToken LBRKT (contextIdList /

                                  propertyParm *(COMMA propertyParm)) RBRKT

propertyParm         = pkgdName parmValue

second choice：

contextAudit         = ContextAuditToken LBRKT (contextAuditProperties 

                          *(COMMA contextAuditProperties)) /

                            indAudcontextAttrDescriptor     RBRKT

indAudcontextAttrDescriptor

                           = ContextAttrToken LBRKT contextAuditProperties

                                  *(COMMA contextAuditProperties) RBRKT

question:

       if appear ContextAttrToken after 'ContextAuditToken { ',we can not differentiate between indAudcontextAttrDescriptor and contextAuditProperties.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:15:09 +0530

Hi

Yes you are right, the ContextAudit constructs are quite confusing and we
have initiated a similiar thread earlier also.
 "[Megaco] V3 related clarifications required", Sudhanshu Garg, 5th June
2006
 "[Megaco] Individual context audit", Sudhanshu Garg, 7th July 2006

Also there is a difference in the ASN and ABNF constructs for the
ContextAudit grammar. On this we have floated one
document on V3 ASN-ABNF grammar differences in mailing list  "[Megaco]
ASN-ABNF differences in H.248.1 V3" dated 10th July.

Therefore it is important that the grammar be simplified and remove any
redundant constructs and tokens so that it can be used effectively.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             Tony Zhang                                                    
             <zhangtao_hw@huaw                                             
             ei.com>                                                    To 
                                       [email-masked]                     
             08/21/2006 07:19                                           cc 
             AM                                                            
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] H248 V3 question           

                                                                           

second choice：

question:
       if appear ContextAttrToken after 'ContextAuditToken { ',we can not
differentiate between indAudcontextAttrDescriptor and
contextAuditProperties.
 _______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."