Subject: [Megaco] which error code replaces error code 540 (Unexpected Initial Hook State)?

From: "Oikonomou, Ioannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:12:02 +0300

Hello,

I just realized that in the latest version of H.248.8 (09/2005), the
error code 540 (Unexpected Initial Hook State) has been removed!

What error code are we supposed to use now for the detection of hook
state with 'failWrong' parameter?

Ioannis Oikonomou

Senior Software Engineer

Siemens SA

Greece

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:58:52 +0200

Ioannis,

it was not removed, it was moved to clause § E.9.5/H.248.1 V3 to my
knowledge.

I don't remember the underlying discussion, but I think we concluded to put
package-specific error codes in the package definitions itself. That's why
#540 was moved in the al package spec.

- Albrecht

                      "Oikonomou, Ioannis"                                                                                               
                      <Ioannis.Oikonomou@s         To:      <[email-masked]>                                                            
                      iemens.com>                  cc:                                                                                   
                                                   Subject: [Megaco] which error code replaces error code 540 (Unexpected     Initial    
                      10.08.2006 22:12             Hook State)?                                                                          

Hello,

I just realized that in the latest version of H.248.8 (09/2005), the error
code 540 (Unexpected Initial Hook State) has been removed!
What error code are we supposed to use now for the detection of hook state
with 'failWrong' parameter?

Ioannis Oikonomou
Senior Software Engineer
Siemens SA
Greece

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:54:47 -0400

Package-specific error codes are defined in the relevant package.  Only
"generic" error codes live in H.248.8.  See the package definition
guidelines in Clause 12.1.6/H.248.1 V3.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 4:59 AM
To: Oikonomou, Ioannis
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] which error code replaces error code 540
(Unexpected Initial Hook State)?

Ioannis,

I don't remember the underlying discussion, but I think we concluded to
put package-specific error codes in the package definitions itself.
That's why #540 was moved in the al package spec.

- Albrecht

                      "Oikonomou, Ioannis"

                      <Ioannis.Oikonomou@s         To:
<[email-masked]>

                      iemens.com>                  cc:

                                                   Subject: [Megaco]
which error code replaces error code 540 (Unexpected     Initial    
                      10.08.2006 22:12             Hook State)?

Hello,

Ioannis Oikonomou
Senior Software Engineer
Siemens SA
Greece