Subject: [Megaco] ADD problem ERR 441

From: "Nicolas Emiliani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:16:34 -0300

Hi.... I'm trying to do an add on a Ione AccessGateway with no luck, This is
teh message :

 MEGACO/1 [192.168.0.187]:2944
    Transaction=4{
    Context=${Add=AGW215/1{Media{LocalControl{Mode=inactive}}},
    Add=${Media{LocalControl{Mode=inactive},Local{
    v=0
    c=IN IP4 $
    m=audio $ RTP/AVP 8 97
    a=rtpmap:8 pcma/8000
    a=rtpmap:97 telephone-event 0-15
    }}}}}

It's a pretty simple transaction but it is replying this :

err=441 "missing RemoteDecriptor"

I'm kind of lost, since this is an outgoing call I don't know the remote
end, and this exact same package works with an Audioces trunkgateway.
I tried adding the Stream clause but it didn't work either.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:34:18 -0400

It appears that the MG is demanding a Remote Descriptor in order to
perform the add of the ephemeral termination.  This is something you
should take up with the manufacturer.  Generally speaking, a Remote
Descriptor shouldn't be necessary until the MGC attempts to set the
termination to send only or send/receive.
 
Kevin

________________________________

From: Nicolas Emiliani [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 10:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] ADD problem ERR 441

Hi.... I'm trying to do an add on a Ione AccessGateway with no luck,
This is teh message :

Thanks!