Subject: [Megaco] Another question about H248V3

From: Tony Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:35:15 +0800

Hi:

I have some question to ask:

transactionReply     = ReplyToken EQUAL TransactionID [SLASH segmentNumber

                                  [SLASH SegmentationCompleteToken]] LBRKT

                                  [ImmAckRequiredToken COMMA]

                                  (errorDescriptor / actionReplyList) RBRKT

actionReplyList      = actionReply *(COMMA actionReply)

actionReply = CtxToken EQUAL ContextID [LBRKT (errorDescriptor /

                                  commandReply /(commandReply COMMA

                                  errorDescriptor)) RBRKT]

commandReply         = ((contextProperties [COMMA commandReplyList]) /

                                  commandReplyList)

commandReplyList           = commandReplys *(COMMA commandReplys)

commandReplys        = (serviceChangeReply / auditReply / ammsReply /

                                  notifyReply)

contextProperties          = contextProperty *(COMMA contextProperty)

question:

If (contextProperties [COMMA commandReplyList]) appear in commandReply,how to deal with this circs when segment?

Is there has particular rules to segment?

regards

[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:18:38 +0530

Hi

IMO, the procedures section in E.14 of H.248.1 V3(Sep 2005), clearly
mentions
that segmentation has to be done in such a way that each individual segment
are syntactically valid constructs. The example in the same section
highlights
such a case for a wildcarded Audit scenario. Also each segment should be
limited to the size (MGMaxPDUSize/MGCMaxPDUSize) properties
as mentioned in the package.

As far as your particular query is concerned, the segmentation can be done
at Action level and in the first segment, the context properties and some
command replies(limited by size propertis) can be sent and in the next
segment rest of the command replies can be sent without repeating the
context properties in subsequent segments.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             Tony Zhang                                                    
             <zhangtao_hw@huaw                                             
             ei.com>                                                    To 
                                       [email-masked]                     
             08/23/2006 09:05                                           cc 
             AM                                                            
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Another question about     
                                       H248V3                              

                                                                           

Hi:

question:
If (contextProperties [COMMA commandReplyList]) appear in commandReply,how
to deal with this circs when segment?

regards

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."