Subject: [Megaco] Error Code #511 "Temporarily Busy"

From: "Miri Epstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:48:24 -0000

Hello Christian,

This error code was added to H.248.8 [08/2007] and has the following
description:
"Definition: The command(s) was rejected due to a temporary busy
condition in the MGC."

First I thought this was a typo and it should have been MG instead of
MGC.
 
Then I took a look at the "old implementor guide" (attached) and found
the following text (clause 8.3):
"H.248.8 defines Error Code 510 "Insufficient resources" to indicate
that the MG can not execute the command due to lack of resources. The
MGC may also experience temporary congestion of software resources.
Therefore a new error code is proposed to indicate that the MG has
temporary lack of resources to execute the command."

It seems that there is no relation between the two last sentences. Could
you please explain this?

May I suggest the following modification in the error description?
Definition: The command(s) was rejected due to a temporary busy
condition in the MGC/MG.

Is there anything I've missed here?

Thanks,
Miri

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:51:26 +1100

Hello Miri,

This error code was introduced in 
http://www.itu.int/md/T05-SG16-060403-D-0303/en

511 was introduced to handle the MGC busy case, 510 is for the MG case. 
In the two sentences you refer to the last instance of "MG" is probably 
a typographic error.

Regards, Christian

---

From: "Miri Epstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:00:57 -0000

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Groves [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:51 AM
To: Miri Epstein
Cc: megaco ietf
Subject: Re: Error Code #511 "Temporarily Busy"

Hello Miri,

Regards, Christian