Subject: [Megaco] Questions in regards to Signal Descriptor Replacement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 11:17:28 +0800

Hi all,

I got questions in regards to Signal Descriptor Replacement.

According to the protocol:
Any signals applied to the termination not in the replacement descriptor
shall be stopped, and new signals are applied, except as follows. Signals
present in the replacement descriptor and containing the KeepActive flag
shall be continued if they are currently playing and have not already
completed. If a replacement Signals Descriptor contains a signal that is
not currently playing and contains the KeepActive flag, that signal shall
be ignored. If the replacement descriptor contains a sequential signal list
with the same identifier as the existing descriptor, then

   •      the signal type and sequence of signals in the sequential signal
          list in the replacement descriptor shall be ignored; and

   •      the playing of the signals in the sequential signal list in the
          existing descriptor shall not be interrupted.

My questions are
1. "Do we have KeepActive Flag in signal list level?"
2. "If the replacement descriptor contains a different sequential signal
list from the existing descripment, are we supposed to stop the existing
sequential signal list and play the replacement sequential signal list?"
3. "Should we consider KeepActive Flag in any signals in a sequential
signal list in the existing descriptor?"

Thx

Candice

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 01:43:31 -0400

The answers to your question are within the text you quoted or defined
in the syntax.

1. Per the syntaxes in Annexes A and B, no, there is no KA for a
SignalList as a whole. 

2. Quoting the passage you quoted: "Any signals applied to the
termination not in the replacement descriptor shall be stopped, and new
signals are applied, except as follows." and "If the replacement
descriptor contains a sequential signal list with the same identifier as
the existing descriptor, then

   *      the signal type and sequence of signals in the sequential
signal
          list in the replacement descriptor shall be ignored; and

   *      the playing of the signals in the sequential signal list in
the
          existing descriptor shall not be interrupted."
From these, the answer to your question is that the new SignalList
starts upon application of the descriptor, and the old one is halted if
it is not present in the new descriptor.  If there is a SignalList in
the new descriptor with the same identifier as the one already playing,
it continues and is not interrupted.  In the case where there is a new
SignalList *and* the old SignalList in the new descriptor, the old one
continues and the new one plays out from the beginning simultaneously.

3. Quoting again from this passage: "If the replacement descriptor
contains a sequential signal list with the same identifier as the
existing descriptor, then

   *      the signal type and sequence of signals in the sequential
signal
          list in the replacement descriptor shall be ignored;"
Therefore, KA is irrelevant to the replacement of the descriptor for a
SignalList.  For a SignalList, apply the rules in this section as they
are written.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Questions in regards to Signal Descriptor Replacement

Hi all,

According to the protocol:
Any signals applied to the termination not in the replacement descriptor
shall be stopped, and new signals are applied, except as follows.
Signals present in the replacement descriptor and containing the
KeepActive flag shall be continued if they are currently playing and
have not already completed. If a replacement Signals Descriptor contains
a signal that is not currently playing and contains the KeepActive flag,
that signal shall be ignored. If the replacement descriptor contains a
sequential signal list with the same identifier as the existing
descriptor, then

   *      the signal type and sequence of signals in the sequential
signal
          list in the replacement descriptor shall be ignored; and

   *      the playing of the signals in the sequential signal list in
the
          existing descriptor shall not be interrupted.

My questions are

Thx

Candice

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail
is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication
is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain
secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this
communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam
system.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco