Subject: Re: [Megaco] T.38 Signals - appendix III

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 09:55:31 +0200

Silvain,
 
it seems to be that you are right with App. III in T.38.
There wasn't any update in latest H.248.2 from 01/2007, too.
Anyway, H.248 entities implementing the H.248.2 ctyp package and not
App. III of T.38.
There shouldn't therefore any interop issue because that call flow
example may not occur in reality IMO.
 
Regards,
Albrecht
 
PS
Christian, do you have more information?

H.248.2 (2005) Amendment 1 (01/07)
T.38 (04/2007)

________________________________

	From: Silvio Shefer [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Freitag, 2. Mai 2008 15:34
	To: Schwarz Albrecht
	Subject: T.38 Signals - appendix III

	Hello Albrecht,

	I found the following question on the Megaco list - but I did
not find any answer to the question.

	So -is there a problem with Appendix III of T.38 (04/2007) ???

	Best regards

	                        Silvain

	[Megaco] T.38 Signals {ctyp/ans{anstype=v21flags}}?

________________________________

	*	To: megaco at ietf.org <mailto:[email-masked]>  
	*	Subject: [Megaco] T.38 Signals
{ctyp/ans{anstype=v21flags}}? 
	*	From: Richard Sun <xsun at lucent.com
<mailto:[email-masked]> > 
	*	Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:39:23 -0400 
	*	List-help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>

	*	List-id: Media Gateway Control <megaco.ietf.org> 
	*	List-post: <mailto:[email-masked]> 
	*	List-subscribe:
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco>,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe> 
	*	List-unsubscribe:
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco>,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe> 
	*	User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.2 (Windows/20060308) 

________________________________

	size=2 width="100%" align=center> 
	In T.38 (e.g. page 86 of the 09/2005 version), there is a
command
	      Signals {ctyp/ans{anstype=v21flags, SignalType=TimeOut}}
	from MGC to MG to generate V21flags.

	But from H248.2, v21flags is NOT a valid enum:
	8.3.2.1.1      Answer Type
	Possible values:
	        ANS            (0x0001) V.25 ANS (equivalent to T.30
CED) for all modes
	        ANSBAR  (0x0002) V.25 ANS with phase reversals for all
modes
	        ANSAM          (0x0003) V.8 ANSam for all modes
	        ANSAMBAR       (0x0004) V.8 ANSam with phase reversals
for all modes
	        V18txp1 (0x0005) A V.18 txp signal played in V.21
channel (1) for TEXT
	        V18txp2 (0x0006) A V.18 txp signal played in V.21
channel (2) for TEXT
	        ansnosig       (0x0007)       Not used (Reserved)

	is there a fix for this somewhere?
	Thanks for any info.
	-Richard

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco