Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for a mentor

From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:41:02 +0000

Hi there,

Would like to put my name forward for becoming a mentor, if my skills 
and qualifications would be seen as suitable. This is not a spontaneous 
action from my side, the potential time and effort commitments have been 
considered.

Below are the details of the mentoring form.

Full name: Ignas Bagdonas

Email address: [email-masked]

Affiliation: Routing System Ltd

Country in which you are based: UK

Gender: Male

IETF area(s) of expertise:Routing and Operations would be main ones, 
Internet as a secondary.

IETF WGs that you are familiar with: idr i2rs mpls ccamp isis pce bfd 
nvo3 bess grow netconf netmodtrill

How many years have you been participating in the IETF? Since 2001 on 
and off, since 2010 constantly involved.

What other SDOs and/or technical activities do you engage in? Following 
BBF, ITU-T for packet transport development, ONF, somewhat involved with 
OIF.

What languages other than English would you be comfortable conversing in 
with your mentee? Russian. In fact this would be my main interest in 
putting the name forward for being a mentor, as in many events and 
conferences discussing with attendees from Russian-speaking countries, 
the language barrier is noted as a major one to be able to get into the 
community. Therefore if anyone from that region would be looking for a 
mentor, I would be happy to help. Lithuanian too, although I guess then 
I would have to be a mentor for myself. ;-)

Do you plan to attend the newcomers' meet-and-greet on Sunday at 
16:00?Yes, unless there would be a conflict with YANG editing session, 
would have to split time then.

Do you plan to attend the welcome reception on Sunday at 17:00? Yes.

Any other info you'd like to share: Would be interested to help someone 
from LT, LV, EE, RU, UA, PL, GE, or around.

Thank you.

Ignas