Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] IETF Guide for juliana guerra

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 21:12:05 -0700

Dear juliana and Paul,

Welcome to the guides programme! In this programme we aim to
facilitate knowledge transfer between experienced IETF-ers and new
participants in the community. The IETF is not your typical
organization so some help along the way might help you make your
landing a bit smoother, so you will stay with us longer!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to each other. Paul has kindly
offered to be juliana's guide for IETF103. juliana has expressed a specific
interest in Non technical: Humans Rights :) ART    SEC TSV  calext, doh, regext, sipcore, uta, i2nsf, mls, tls.

The IETF guides programs aims to have three parts: 

0. Introduction conversations before the meeting
1. Face to face meeting at the beginning of the meeting
2. Check-in during the week.

It would be great if you could meet early in the week and discuss
questions, interests, and 'how-to-get-things-done' in the IETF,
and perhaps have a follow-up during the week to check-in whether
there are any questions.  Hopefully you'll both have the chance
to attend the newcomer's meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00.

You both have the responsibility to make meetings between you happen,
but it would be great if the guide would take the lead in setting up
the first meeting.

As mentee it would help if you follow your interests within the IETF:
Ask the guide what you think you need to make the meeting a
success. The guide is there to help you, but the guide likely also
knows many things that "you don't know you need to know"!

Good topics of conversation include the IETF toolchain, the meeting
agenda, the IETF app, how to use jabber rooms, the IETF document
datatracker (where all Internet Drafts, Working Group and Research
Group agenda's and RFCs can be found), and more! Much of this info can
also be found in the Tao of the IETF at https://ietf.org/tao .
Additionally, we have prepared the following list of conversation
topics that past participants have found useful to discuss:
https://www.isi.edu/~hardaker/ietf/topics.html

Specific questions about your favorite topics of interest are wise to
discuss such as: relevant working groups or research groups, relevant
authors, working group chairs and area directors.  You might want to
discuss trending issues in the upcoming meetings (also check the ISOC
"rough guides" in the IETF journal)

Please let us if there is any way in which we can support your
interactions.  Please mail any questions you have to
[email-masked].

Please note that Paul has graciously volunteered to act as a guide
for more than one person.  Because of this, he may look at ways of conversing with 
multiple people at once, such as finding a meeting time to meet with multiple
newcommers at once.

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 00:16:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, Wes Hardaker wrote:

Hi Juliana,

I just had my coffee outside and will go back to the hackathon area. So
if you are around we can chat for a bit, although I recommend you attend
the newcomer session at 12:30 in the room "Meeting 1" if you haven't
already attended one at a previous IETF.

You can mail me, but a better response time will come via iMessage
([email-masked] or [email-masked]) or via hangouts (as "letoams")

Otherwise, I might see you as the speed event or the newcomers social
event where I will be around the Security table.

Paul

> Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 00:12:05
> From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> To: juliana guerra <[email-masked]>,
>     Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
> Subject: IETF Guide for juliana guerra
> 
>
> Dear juliana and Paul,
>

---

From: Juliana Guerra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 22:52:42 -0600

Hi Paul, thankyou for your response. I don't use iMessage or hangouts
but I'm here at the hackathon. Anyway, see you in the speed event and
there we can talk more.

juliana

On 11/3/18 10:16 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:
>> interest in Non technical: Humans Rights :) ART    SEC TSV  calext,
>> doh, regext, sipcore, uta, i2nsf, mls, tls.
>>