Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] IETF Guide for Montresor KONAN

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 00:55:42 -0700

Dear Montresor and Stuart,

Welcome to the guides programme! In this programme we aim to
facilitate knowledge transfer between experienced IETF-ers and new
participants in the community. The IETF is not your typical
organization so some help along the way might help you make your
landing a bit smoother, so you will stay with us longer!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to each other. Stuart has kindly
offered to be Montresor's guide for IETF103. Montresor has expressed a
specific interest in DNS, IPWAVE, SWIF CODEC, IPWAVE, SWIF CODEC.

The IETF guides programs aims to have three parts: 

0. Introduction conversations before the meeting
1. Face to face meeting at the beginning of the meeting
2. Check-in during the week.

It would be great if you could meet early in the week and discuss
questions, interests, and 'how-to-get-things-done' in the IETF,
and perhaps have a follow-up during the week to check-in whether
there are any questions.  Hopefully you'll both have the chance
to attend the newcomer's meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00.

You both have the responsibility to make meetings between you happen,
but it would be great if the guide would take the lead in setting up
the first meeting.

As mentee it would help if you follow your interests within the IETF:
Ask the guide what you think you need to make the meeting a
success. The guide is there to help you, but the guide likely also
knows many things that "you don't know you need to know"!

Good topics of conversation include the IETF toolchain, the meeting
agenda, the IETF app, how to use jabber rooms, the IETF document
datatracker (where all Internet Drafts, Working Group and Research
Group agenda's and RFCs can be found), and more! Much of this info can
also be found in the Tao of the IETF at https://ietf.org/tao .
Additionally, we have prepared the following list of conversation
topics that past participants have found useful to discuss:
https://www.isi.edu/~hardaker/ietf/topics.html

Specific questions about your favorite topics of interest are wise to
discuss such as: relevant working groups or research groups, relevant
authors, working group chairs and area directors.  You might want to
discuss trending issues in the upcoming meetings (also check the ISOC
"rough guides" in the IETF journal)

Please let us if there is any way in which we can support your
interactions.  Please mail any questions you have to
[email-masked].

---

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 17:57:04 +0700

> specific interest in DNS, IPWAVE, SWIF CODEC, IPWAVE, SWIF CODEC.

Hello Montresor,

Welcome to the IETF.

When do you arrive on site? If you’re here on Sunday, you can meet me any time at the Hackathon, in the Sala Thai room, at the DNS-SD table:

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/103hackathon>

Or we can meet at the Newcomers’ Meet and Greet:

<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/agenda.html>

Otherwise, feel free to email or text me and we can sort out a time and place to get together for a chat.

Stuart Cheshire
Apple DEST, Networking
+1 (408) 666-2262

---

From: Montrésor Konan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 01:25:25 +0000

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for agreeing to be my guide my first participation in an IETF
meeting. I will be in the hackathon room today and I look forward to
meeting you.
Sorry but my English is not very good because I am used to speaking French
but I am doing quite well and I have the will to learn new things about
IETF.

Excellent meeting.

____________________________________________
*Montrésor KONAN*

*=!*  *Digital Manager* Phoenix PHD <https://www.phdmedia.com/>
*=!*  Ingénieur des Systèmes d'Information et Conduite de Projets
Informatiques
*=!*  Intégrateur de solutions libres et Open Source
*=!*  Formateur IT et Gouvernance de l'Internet
=!  Co-fondateur Osouklou <http://osouklou.africa> [ GouvInternet
<http://gouvinternet.africa> | AfricaDNS <http://africa.gouvinternet.africa>
*=!  *Membre de OvillageCI <http://www.ovillage.ci/> *(Espace
d'intelligence collective et d'innovation sociale)*

*Contact : (+225) 08 654 327 |  (+225) 47 002 911*

    *
<https://www.facebook.com/montresorkonan> *
<http://raft.hcuge.ch>

Le sam. 3 nov. 2018 à 10:57, Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> When do you arrive on site? If you’re here on Sunday, you can meet me any
> time at the Hackathon, in the Sala Thai room, at the DNS-SD table:
>