Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] IETF Guide for Axel Dahlberg

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2018 08:10:35 -0700

Dear Axel and Lucy,

Welcome to the guides programme! In this programme we aim to
facilitate knowledge transfer between experienced IETF-ers and new
participants in the community. The IETF is not your typical
organization so some help along the way might help you make your
landing a bit smoother, so you will stay with us longer!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to each other. Lucy has kindly
offered to be Axel's guide for IETF103. Axel has expressed a specific
interest in Quantum networks       I don't know yet. qirg.

The IETF guides programs aims to have three parts: 

0. Introduction conversations before the meeting
1. Face to face meeting at the beginning of the meeting
2. Check-in during the week.

It would be great if you could meet early in the week and discuss
questions, interests, and 'how-to-get-things-done' in the IETF,
and perhaps have a follow-up during the week to check-in whether
there are any questions.  Hopefully you'll both have the chance
to attend the newcomer's meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00.

You both have the responsibility to make meetings between you happen,
but it would be great if the guide would take the lead in setting up
the first meeting.

As mentee it would help if you follow your interests within the IETF:
Ask the guide what you think you need to make the meeting a
success. The guide is there to help you, but the guide likely also
knows many things that "you don't know you need to know"!

Good topics of conversation include the IETF toolchain, the meeting
agenda, the IETF app, how to use jabber rooms, the IETF document
datatracker (where all Internet Drafts, Working Group and Research
Group agenda's and RFCs can be found), and more! Much of this info can
also be found in the Tao of the IETF at https://ietf.org/tao .
Additionally, we have prepared the following list of conversation
topics that past participants have found useful to discuss:
https://www.isi.edu/~hardaker/ietf/topics.html

Specific questions about your favorite topics of interest are wise to
discuss such as: relevant working groups or research groups, relevant
authors, working group chairs and area directors.  You might want to
discuss trending issues in the upcoming meetings (also check the ISOC
"rough guides" in the IETF journal)

Please let us if there is any way in which we can support your
interactions.  Please mail any questions you have to
[email-masked].

---

From: Lucy Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 05:40:54 +0700

Hi Axel -

When do you arrive?

I’m on site in Bangkok already and can be found in the NOC on the second floor so just ping me when you get in and we’ll set up a first meeting before NewComers.

If you plan to do tutorials on Sunday I might see you at HotRFCs as well.

Cheers -

Lucy

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 2, 2018, at 10:10 PM, Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Dear Axel and Lucy,
>

---

From: Axel Dahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 11:55:30 +0000

Hi Lucy! I just boarded my flight and will land in Bangkok tomorrow morning. I will contact you then again. Looking forward to IETF and meeting you!

/Axel Dahlberg

On 2 Nov 2018 23:41, Lucy Lynch <[email-masked]> wrote:
Hi Axel -

When do you arrive?

Cheers -

Lucy

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: Axel Dahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 11:14:05 +0000

Hi Lucy! I had some delays because of flights so I missed the first day today, but I'll be in tomorrow! I'm currently watching the newcomers overview which was streamed. I'm planning to go to nwcrg tomorrow morning and then meet up with someone. How does your day look?

/Axel Dahlberg

________________________________
From: Axel Dahlberg
Sent: 03 November 2018 12:55:30
To: Lucy Lynch
Cc: Wes Hardaker; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: IETF Guide for Axel Dahlberg

/Axel Dahlberg

When do you arrive?

Cheers -

Lucy

Sent from my iPhone