Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] IETF Guide for Rafik P P

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2018 05:15:28 -0700

Dear Rafik P and Stephen,

Welcome to the guides programme! In this programme we aim to
facilitate knowledge transfer between experienced IETF-ers and new
participants in the community. The IETF is not your typical
organization so some help along the way might help you make your
landing a bit smoother, so you will stay with us longer!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to each other. Stephen has kindly
offered to be Rafik P's guide for IETF103. Rafik P has expressed a specific
interest in ipv6 and I don't know yet. not yet.

The IETF guides programs aims to have three parts: 

0. Introduction conversations before the meeting
1. Face to face meeting at the beginning of the meeting
2. Check-in during the week.

It would be great if you could meet early in the week and discuss
questions, interests, and 'how-to-get-things-done' in the IETF,
and perhaps have a follow-up during the week to check-in whether
there are any questions.  Hopefully you'll both have the chance
to attend the newcomer's meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00.

You both have the responsibility to make meetings between you happen,
but it would be great if the guide would take the lead in setting up
the first meeting.

As mentee it would help if you follow your interests within the IETF:
Ask the guide what you think you need to make the meeting a
success. The guide is there to help you, but the guide likely also
knows many things that "you don't know you need to know"!

Good topics of conversation include the IETF toolchain, the meeting
agenda, the IETF app, how to use jabber rooms, the IETF document
datatracker (where all Internet Drafts, Working Group and Research
Group agenda's and RFCs can be found), and more! Much of this info can
also be found in the Tao of the IETF at https://ietf.org/tao .
Additionally, we have prepared the following list of conversation
topics that past participants have found useful to discuss:
https://www.isi.edu/~hardaker/ietf/topics.html

Specific questions about your favorite topics of interest are wise to
discuss such as: relevant working groups or research groups, relevant
authors, working group chairs and area directors.  You might want to
discuss trending issues in the upcoming meetings (also check the ISOC
"rough guides" in the IETF journal)

Please let us if there is any way in which we can support your
interactions.  Please mail any questions you have to
[email-masked].

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 12:36:09 +0000

Hi Rafik,

I'm just travelling to BKK now, get there Sat morning. Ping me
and we can arrange to meet/chat,

Cheers,
Stephen.

---

From: Rafik P <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 13:11:09 +0000

Hi Stephen,

My travel is no approved, so I'm attending remotely. May be next ietf-104 as we are planning preset our new draft.

Thanks,
Rafik

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 6:06 PM
To: Rafik P <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: IETF Guide for Rafik P P

Hi Rafik,

I'm just travelling to BKK now, get there Sat morning. Ping me and we can arrange to meet/chat,

Cheers,
Stephen.

On 02/11/2018 12:15, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> offered to be Rafik P's guide for IETF103. Rafik P has expressed a 
> specific interest in ipv6 and I don't know yet. not yet.
> 
> 0. Introduction conversations before the meeting 1. Face to face 
> meeting at the beginning of the meeting 2. Check-in during the week.
> 
> questions, interests, and 'how-to-get-things-done' in the IETF, and 
> perhaps have a follow-up during the week to check-in whether there are 
> any questions.  Hopefully you'll both have the chance to attend the 
> newcomer's meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00.
> 
> Ask the guide what you think you need to make the meeting a success. 
> The guide is there to help you, but the guide likely also knows many 
> things that "you don't know you need to know"!
>

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 08:03:45 -0700

Sorry to hear that Rafik.  Please do apply again for a guide if you're able
to come to Prague in March.  I'm sure we can continue answering any
questions you have over email as well.  Make sure you read the Tao of the
IETF too!

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 6:11 AM Rafik P <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> mentoring-coordinators mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators
>

-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI

---

From: Rafik P <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 04:31:10 +0000

Sure. hope we will meet in next ietf meeting.

Thanks,
Rafik

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 8:34 PM
To: Rafik P <[email-masked]>
Cc: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mentoring-coordinators] IETF Guide for Rafik P P

Sorry to hear that Rafik.  Please do apply again for a guide if you're able to come to Prague in March.  I'm sure we can continue answering any questions you have over email as well.  Make sure you read the Tao of the IETF too!

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 6:11 AM Rafik P <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

Thanks,
Rafik

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 6:06 PM
To: Rafik P <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: IETF Guide for Rafik P P

Hi Rafik,

Cheers,
Stephen.

On 02/11/2018 12:15, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> also be found in the Tao of the IETF at https://ietf.org/tao<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ietf.org_tao&d=DwMFaQ&c=HAkYuh63rsuhr6Scbfh0UjBXeMK-ndb3voDTXcWzoCI&r=hrkZ-LlKGP9ExvPnTVTrzkHcAbJa-Rl7jWl4RDflSXA&m=iMyb5NHGheTzw6s8V-pKM4e5RbhtspAlMtPs4mPaaJk&s=mGADbEiH7-mqhl1g4s9-kIvIkEHQ0kxxLfm0U_D_r38&e=> .
> https://www.isi.edu/~hardaker/ietf/topics.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.isi.edu_-7Ehardaker_ietf_topics.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=HAkYuh63rsuhr6Scbfh0UjBXeMK-ndb3voDTXcWzoCI&r=hrkZ-LlKGP9ExvPnTVTrzkHcAbJa-Rl7jWl4RDflSXA&m=iMyb5NHGheTzw6s8V-pKM4e5RbhtspAlMtPs4mPaaJk&s=tGmuG7DWzBxCLssraZhWhpJDCLfoNYZvBU_1yWv_Hp0&e=>
>
> [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.
>
_______________________________________________
mentoring-coordinators mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_mentoring-2Dcoordinators&d=DwMFaQ&c=HAkYuh63rsuhr6Scbfh0UjBXeMK-ndb3voDTXcWzoCI&r=hrkZ-LlKGP9ExvPnTVTrzkHcAbJa-Rl7jWl4RDflSXA&m=iMyb5NHGheTzw6s8V-pKM4e5RbhtspAlMtPs4mPaaJk&s=L-tXqX_58SLev_RUexkMcbPDXlD9E0V7M1HxreQLIZI&e=>

--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI