Subject: [MEXT] [Fwd: Re: access to ETSI standards]

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 09:36:41 +0100

FYI

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: 	Re: access to ETSI standards
Fecha: 	Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:07:26 +0100
De: 	Andreas Festag <[email-masked]>
Para: 	marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
CC: 	Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>, Soeren Hess 
<[email-masked]>, Martin Arndt <[email-masked]>
Referencias: 	<[email-masked]>

Dear Marcelo,

As for ETSI work, I can say that in TC ITS WG4 (Media) there is  
currently an ongoing effort to prepare a "European profile standard of  
IEEE 802.11". The intention is to determine those features of the  
802.11 standard that are relevant for its deployment in Europe, in  
particular for IEEE 802.11p. It is important to note that this profile  
standard does not rewrite the current 802.11 standard but represents  
rather a subset and possibly some extensions. In general, all ETSI  
standards are publicly available and free-of-charge, access is assured  
after completion of the standard. I expect that the "European profile  
standard of IEEE 802.11" will be completed in the 1st half year  
(Soeren, please correct if I am wrong).

Kind regards,

Andreas

On 30.11.2008, at 18:44, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you may have seen, there are members of the MEXT wg that are  
> asking to have access to the standards related to the link layer  
> technology used in the automotive scenario. I was wondering if you  
> could provide some guidance about this.
>
> Thanks, marcelo
>

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 16:54:59 +0100

> FYI

Where is the url to access ETSI's "European profile standard of  IEEE
802.11", in particular for 802.11p?

Thank you,

Alex

> 
> -------- Mensaje original -------- Asunto:     Re: access to ETSI
> standards Fecha:     Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:07:26 +0100 De:     Andreas
> Festag <[email-masked]> Para:     marcelo bagnulo braun
> <[email-masked]> CC:     Julien Laganier
> <[email-masked]>, Soeren Hess <[email-masked]>,
> Martin Arndt <[email-masked]> Referencias:
> <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> 
> Dear Marcelo,
> 
> currently an ongoing effort to prepare a "European profile standard
> of IEEE 802.11". The intention is to determine those features of the
>  particular for IEEE 802.11p. It is important to note that this
> profile standard does not rewrite the current 802.11 standard but
> represents rather a subset and possibly some extensions. In general,
> all ETSI standards are publicly available and free-of-charge, access
> is assured after completion of the standard. I expect that the
> "European profile standard of IEEE 802.11" will be completed in the
> 1st half year (Soeren, please correct if I am wrong).
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> Andreas
> 

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: Andreas Festag <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:09:04 +0100

Dear Alexandru,

The document will be published after its completion. As for the  
estimated time: Currently, the draft is being developed and initial  
versions are under discussions. I expect 1st half of 2009.

Kind regards,

Andreas