Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mobility Support in IPv6
	Author(s)       : C. Perkins, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 173
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This document specifies a protocol which allows nodes to remain
reachable while moving around in the IPv6 Internet.  Each mobile node
is always identified by its home address, regardless of its current
point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated away from its
home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of address, which
provides information about the mobile node's current location.  IPv6
packets addressed to a mobile node's home address are transparently
routed to its care-of address.  The protocol enables IPv6 nodes to
cache the binding of a mobile node's home address with its care-of
address, and to then send any packets destined for the mobile node
directly to it at this care-of address.  To support this operation,
Mobile IPv6 defines a new IPv6 protocol and a new destination option.
All IPv6 nodes, whether mobile or stationary, can communicate with
mobile nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.