Subject: [MEXT] question to draft-laganier-mext-lone-home-binding-00

From: liu dapeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:40:44 +0800

Hi all,

in section 4:
" If the Mobile Node is not allowed to create a Lone Home Binding, it
   will send this Binding Update from a Care-of Address on a visited
   link.  The receiver will ignore the BID and FID options it does not
   understand, and as a result will create a single binding towards the
   Care-of Address.  This will disrupt the Mobile Node transmission
   and/or reception of traffic on the Home Link."

If the HA does not understand BID/FID options, why not it just do
nothing rather than create a single binding towards the Care-of
Address?

BR,
Dapeng Liu

---

From: "Laganier, Julien" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 08:59:23 -0700

> nothing rather than create a single binding towards the Care-of

Because RFC 3775 says so:

   Mobility Options

      Variable-length field of such length that the complete Mobility
      Header is an integer multiple of 8 octets long.  This field
      contains zero or more TLV-encoded mobility options.  The encoding
      and format of defined options are described in Section 6.2.  The
      receiver MUST ignore and skip any options which it does not
      understand.

--julien