Subject: [MEXT] Protocol Action: 'Flow Bindings in Mobile IPv6 and NEMO Basic Support' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 14:36:45 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Flow Bindings in Mobile IPv6 and NEMO Basic Support'
  <draft-ietf-mext-flow-binding-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mext-flow-binding/

Technical Summary

  This document introduces extensions to Mobile IPv6 that allow nodes
  to bind one or more flows to a care-of address.  These extensions
  allow multihomed nodes to instruct home agents and other Mobile IPv6
  entities to direct inbound flows to specific addresses.

Working Group Summary

  The document has been discussed in depth in the WG.
  The WG feels that this is an important document
  and should be published.

  The main controversy was whether there should be one or more
  traffic selector format defined. The current spec. supports
  multiple formats, but only one is being defined at this point.
  This is issue is related to this document, but not specific to
  this document, as i stated before, this spec supports multiple
  formats.  

Document Quality

   There is at least on ongoing effort for implementing this
   specification.

   There were many reviewers of the document, but especial
   in depth reviews were provided by Dave Craig, Benjamin Lim,
   Sundararajan Jay Kumar, Raj Patil, Conny Larson, Yuri Ismailov.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd is Marcelo Braun and the responsible Area
   Director is Jari Arkko.