Subject: [MEXT] Workshop WSDF 2012 - CfP (to be held in conjunction with ARES 2012)

From: "Yvonne Poul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:37:15 +0100

Call for Papers

The Fifth International Workshop on Digital Forensics (WSDF 2012)

http://www.ares-conference.eu/conf/index.php?option=com_content
<http://www.ares-conference.eu/conf/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl
e&id=49&Itemid=95> &view=article&id=49&Itemid=95

University of Economics, Prague
August 20th-24th, 2012

To be held in conjunction with the 7th International Conference on
Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2012 -
http://www.ares-conference.eu).

Overview

Digital forensics is a rapidly evolving field primarily focused on the
extraction, preservation and analysis of digital evidence obtained from
electronic devices in a manner that is legally acceptable. Research into new
methodologies tools and techniques within this domain is necessitated by an
ever-increasing dependency on tightly interconnected, complex and pervasive
computer systems and networks. The ubiquitous nature of our digital
lifestyle presents many avenues for the potential misuse of electronic
devices in crimes that directly involve, or are facilitated by, these
technologies. The aim of digital forensics is to produce outputs that can
help investigators ascertain the overall state of a system. This includes
any events that have occurred within the system and entities that have
interacted with that system. Due care has to be taken in the identification,
collection, archiving, maintenance, handling and analysis of digital
evidence in order to prevent damage to data integrity. Such issues combined
with the constant evolution of technology provide a large scope of digital
forensic research. WSDF aims to bring together experts from academia,
industry, government and law enforcement who are interested in advancing the
state of the art in digital forensics by exchanging their knowledge,
results, ideas and experiences. The aim of the workshop is to provide a
relaxed atmosphere that promotes discussion and free exchange of ideas while
providing a sound academic backing. The focus of this workshop is not only
restricted to digital forensics in the investigation of crime. It also
addresses security applications such as automated log analysis, forensic
aspects of fraud prevention and investigation, policy and governance.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

*	Digital Evidence
*	Network Forensics
*	Anti Forensics
*	Physical Memory Acquisition and Analysis
*	Digital Forensic Information Visualisation
*	Fraud Investigations Involving Technology
*	Portable Devices
*	Cyber Terrorism
*	Log Analysis
*	Risk and Incident Management
*	Investigative Case Studies
*	Data Hiding Techniques and Steganography
*	Novel Data Recovery Techniques
*	Digital Evidence Extraction Techniques
*	Digital Evidence Search Techniques 
*	Standards, Guidelines, Certification and Training
*	Digital Forensics Tools
*	Digital Forensic Implications for Cloud Environments
*	Critical Infrastructure Incident Investigation

Important Dates

Submission Deadline: March 30th, 2012
Author Notification: May 1st, 2012
Conference: August 20th - 24th, 2012

Workshop Chairs

.         Jill Slay (Chair), University of South Australia

.         Martin Mulazzani (Co-Chair), Vienna University of Technology,
Austria

.         Sebastian Schrittwieser (Co-Chair), SBA Research, Austria

We are looking forward to your submission!

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us:
[email-masked]

Best regards

Yvonne Poul

ARES Organizing Team

SBA Research

Office: Sommerpalais Harrach / Favoritenstr. 16 / 1040 Wien

Mobil: +43 699 100 41 066

E:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] 

 <http://www.ares-conference.eu> http://www.ares-conference.eu