Subject: [MEXT] Workshop MoCrySEn 2012 - CfP (to be held in conjunction with ARES 2012)

From: "Yvonne Poul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:16:19 +0100

Call for Papers

The First International Workshop on Modern Cryptography and Security
Engineering

(MoCrySEn 2012)

http://www.ares-conference.eu/conf/index.php?option=com_content
<http://www.ares-conference.eu/conf/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl
e&id=65&Itemid=120> &view=article&id=65&Itemid=120

University of Economics, Prague
August 20th-24th, 2012

To be held in conjunction with the 7th International Conference on
Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2012 -
http://www.ares-conference.eu).

Overview

The First International Workshop on Modern Cryptography and Security
Engineering  (co-located with the International Conference on Availability,
Reliability and Security)  aims to bring together researchers working in
theoretical aspects of modern cryptography (including but not restricted to
design and analysis of symmetric-key primitives and cryptosystems, block and
stream ciphers, hash functions and MAC algorithms, efficient implementations
and analysis of code-based cryptosystems, threshold schemes) with
professionals working on applied aspects of security engineering,
particularly people involved in standardization and in industrial deployment
of cryptography (encryption schemes for databases and related security,
cryptography in wireless applications, hardware for cryptanalysis, FPGA and
smart cards security). The main goal of the workshop is to strengthen the
dialogue between these two groups, which is currently perceived to be weak.
Ultimately, we aim to make a start on bridging the gap between what academic
cryptographers believe should be the goals of cryptographic design and what
is actually implemented in the real world. MoCrySEn intends to provide a
better understanding of real-world cryptographic issues to the theoretical
community, helping to inform their research and set new research challenges
for the theoretical community and enable practitioners to develop a clearer
view of the current state-of-the-art in cryptographic research and what it
offers to practitioners.  

Important Dates

Submission Deadline: March 31st, 2012
Author Notification: May 1st, 2012
Conference: August 20th - 24th, 2012

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

.         Symmetric cryptography

.         Code-based cryptosystems

.         Secret-sharing cryptography

.         Algorithmic cryptanalysis 

.         Database encryption 

.         Hardware security

.         Data privacy in practice

.         Interactions between cryptographic theory and implementation
issues

Workshop Chair

.         Dimitris E. Simos, INRIA, France

We are looking forward to your submission!

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us:
[email-masked]

Best regards

Yvonne Poul

ARES Organizing Team

SBA Research

Office: Sommerpalais Harrach / Favoritenstr. 16 / 1040 Wien

Mobil: +43 699 100 41 066

E:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] 

 <http://www.ares-conference.eu> http://www.ares-conference.eu