Subject: [MEXT] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-03.txt> (Transport Layer Security-based Mobile IPv6 Security Framework for Mobile Node to Home Agent Communication) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:26:59 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Distributed Mobility Management
WG (dmm) to consider the following document:
- 'Transport Layer Security-based Mobile IPv6 Security Framework for
   Mobile Node to Home Agent Communication'
  <draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-03.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Mobile IPv6 signaling between a mobile node and its home agent is
   secured using IPsec.  The security association between a mobile node
   and the home agent is established using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  The security
   model specified for Mobile IPv6, which relies on IKE/IPsec, requires
   interaction between the Mobile IPv6 protocol component and the IKE/
   IPsec module of the IP stack.  This document proposes an alternate
   security framework for Mobile IPv6 and Dual-Stack Mobile IPv6, which
   relies on Transport Layer Security for establishing keying material
   and other bootstrapping parameters required to protect Mobile IPv6
   signaling and data traffic between the mobile node and home agent.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.