Subject: [MEXT] Workshop WSDF 2012 - CfP (to be held in conjunction with ARES 2012)

From: "Yvonne Poul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:59:04 +0100

Call for Papers

The Fifth International Workshop on Digital Forensics (WSDF 12)

http://www.ares-conference.eu/conf/index.php?option=com_content
<http://www.ares-conference.eu/conf/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl
e&id=49&Itemid=95> &view=article&id=49&Itemid=95

University of Economics in Prague, Czech Republic

August 20th - 24th, 2012

To be held in conjunction with the 7th International Conference on
Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2012 -
http://www.ares-conference.eu).

Workshop:

Digital forensics is a rapidly evolving field primarily focused on the
extraction, preservation and analysis of digital evidence obtained from
electronic devices in a manner that is legally acceptable. Research into new
methodologies tools and techniques within this domain is necessitated by an
ever-increasing dependency on tightly interconnected, complex and pervasive
computer systems and networks. The ubiquitous nature of our digital
lifestyle presents many avenues for the potential misuse of electronic
devices in crimes that directly involve, or are facilitated by, these
technologies. The aim of digital forensics is to produce outputs that can
help investigators ascertain the overall state of a system. This includes
any events that have occurred within the system and entities that have
interacted with that system. Due care has to be taken in the identification,
collection, archiving, maintenance, handling and analysis of digital
evidence in order to prevent damage to data integrity. Such issues combined
with the constant evolution of technology provide a large scope of digital
forensic research.
WSDF aims to bring together experts from academia, industry, government and
law enforcement who are interested in advancing the state of the art in
digital forensics by exchanging their knowledge, results, ideas and
experiences. The aim of the workshop is to provide a relaxed atmosphere that
promotes discussion and free exchange of ideas while providing a sound
academic backing.
The focus of this workshop is not only restricted to digital forensics in
the investigation of crime. It also addresses security applications such as
automated log analysis, forensic aspects of fraud prevention and
investigation, policy and governance.

Important Dates

Submission Deadline: March 30th, 2012

Author Notification: May 01st, 2012

Author Registration: May 18th, 2012

Proceedings Version: June 01st, 2012

Conference / Workshop: August 20th - 24th, 2012

Topics of interest comprise but are not limited to:

Digital Evidence
Network Forensics
Anti Forensics
Physical Memory Acquisition and Analysis
Digital Forensic Information Visualisation
Fraud Investigations Involving Technology
Portable Devices
Cyber Terrorism
Log Analysis
Risk and Incident Management

Investigative Case Studies
Data Hiding Techniques and Steganography
Novel Data Recovery Techniques
Digital Evidence Extraction Techniques
Digital Evidence Search Techniques 
Standards, Guidelines, Certification and Training
Digital Forensics Tools
Digital Forensic Implications for Cloud Environments
Critical Infrastructure Incident Investigation

Workshop Chairs:

Jill Slay (Chair)
University of South Australia

Martin Mulazzani (Co-Chair)
Vienna University of Technology, Austria

Sebastian Schrittwieser (Co-Chair)
SBA Research, Austria

We are looking forward to your submission!

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us:
[email-masked]

Best regards

Yvonne Poul

ARES Organizing Team

SBA Research

Office: Sommerpalais Harrach / Favoritenstr. 16 / 1040 Wien

Mobil: +43 699 100 41 066

E:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] 

 <http://www.ares-conference.eu> http://www.ares-conference.eu