Subject: Re: [mif]draft-blanchet-mif-problem-statement-00.txt‏

From: "Kai Ju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:29:36 +0800

Hi,all

As viewed from the aspect of terminal，would you please clafiry these
questions below:

1、Which way would the server assign the routing table to the terminal by?
2、Assuming question 1 is done, how to decide which gateway to assign the
terminal's routing strategy in a multi-connection environment? And how can
this gateway know about the whole connection environment？
3、Assuming question 2 can be solved in the way that the corresponding
gateway of each connection assigns its own routing strategy for the
terminal, then the terminal needs to make a strategy priority filtering
mechanism. The new problem resulting from this solution is that this
mechanism also needs to be defined.

If all these questions are solved, smart phone should be able to realize it,
only some problem, as you know, might occur in feature phone.
_______________________________________________
mif mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mif

---

From: "Hui Deng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:32:06 -0700

Hi, Kai Ju,

thanks for your comments, what the question you asked here is related
proposal from China Mobile. see inline reply

2009/1/10 Kai Ju <[email-masked]>

> 1、Which way would the server assign the routing table to the terminal by?

==>There are multiple way could do this, in the mobile access network ,
ANDSF, DHCP, IKE et al.

> this gateway know about the whole connection environment？

==> it could rely on ISP's policy strategy. anyway, it is a point to be
solved for coordination.

> mechanism also needs to be defined.

==> some time, mobile terminal could select based on several options, but
not all subscriber are smart like that, anyway, both solution should be
considered.

>
> If all these questions are solved, smart phone should be able to realize
> it, only some problem, as you know, might occur in feature phone.

==> Thanks for your discussion, feature phone still have some issue, smart
phone is best host facing this challenges,

Please feel free to raise your question and solution.

thanks again

-Hui