Subject: Re: [mif] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-blanchet-mif-problem-statement-00.txt]

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:50:47 +0200

Hi,

On 1. "Introduction" you might want to add IKEv2 [RFC4306] into example list of mechanisms.

On 2. "Split DNS" you might want to expand with that this may influence on DNS server selection as well, e.g.:

"Therefore the traffic related to these names and addresses has to go through the right interface, including the traffic related to the DNS name resolution procedures. The DNS resolution procedure may fail if a DNS resolver implementation does not take split DNS into account during DNS server selection. Furthermore, a typical IP stack..."

On 3. "Routing", perhaps mention that multi-homed host may have just a single route to a destination, e.g.
"A multi-homed host may have single or multiple routes to a destination."

Best regards,

	Teemu

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
>Behalf Of ext Marc Blanchet
>Sent: 09 December, 2008 22:47
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [mif] [Fwd: I-D 
>Action:draft-blanchet-mif-problem-statement-00.txt]
>
>hi,
> here is the first pass of the PS document. I tried to 
>summarize the issues, be concise and to the point. Please comment!
>
>Marc.
>
>-------- Message original --------
>Sujet : I-D Action:draft-blanchet-mif-problem-statement-00.txt
>Date : Tue,  9 Dec 2008 12:45:02 -0800 (PST) De : 
>[email-masked] Répondre à : [email-masked] 
>Pour : [email-masked]
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
>Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>	Title           : Multiple Interfaces Problem Statement
>	Author(s)       : M. Blanchet
>	Filename        : draft-blanchet-mif-problem-statement-00.txt
>	Pages           : 7
>	Date            : 2008-12-09
>
>A multi-homed host receives node configuration information 
>from each of its access networks.  Some configuration objects 
>are global to the node, some are local to the interface.  
>Various issues arise when multiple configuration objects that 
>are global to the node are received on the many interfaces the 
>multi-homed host has.  This document describes these issues.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blanchet-mif-problem-
>statement-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
>reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
>version of the Internet-Draft.
>
>
>--
>=========
>IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley, 2006. 
>http://www.ipv6book.ca Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW 
>traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
>
>
_______________________________________________
mif mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mif