Subject: Re: [mif] Five additional problem statements for mif ---- hostrouting

From: "liuyin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:31:31 +0800

Hi,hui
I think there is a problem in the description. Please see inline. Thanks.
Best regards.

liuyin

2009-03-18 

liuyin 

发件人： Min Hui 
发送时间： 2009-03-18  11:45:44 
收件人： mif 
抄送： 
主题： Re: [mif] Five additional problem statements for mif ---- hostrouting 
 
Hi, everyone
This is the first one: Host routing
The host routing currently follows the default gateway mechanism,
which will choose the unify gateway among more than one default routes
('0.0.0.0'), the detail is described in RFC1122. The default gateway
guarantees there always has a route to network when the host can not
find a specific route for a datagram in the route table.
But when it comes to multiple interfaces situation, the default
gateway mechanism in host routing will let all the IP flows go out
through one interface except some specific assignment (e.g. static
routing item). In this case, the applications can’t use different
interfaces which are the aim of multiple interfaces.

==> This sentence makes me confused. I think it should express like this:
 In this case, the applications can't use different interfaces, which against
the aim of multiple interfaces.

 The reason is the
application will not appoint a source address in most situations
currently. The source address will be determined by host operating
system after querying the host routing table, if there is any
available routing item for the destination, the corresponding source
address of this routing item will be selected. In most cases, the
routing item of default gateway will be used, so that every
application will use the same interface.
In conclusion, the above host routing mechanism is one of problems in
the way to maintain multiple interfaces work simultaneously.
- Hui Min
2009/3/18 Min Hui <[email-masked]>:
> Hi, all mif fans
>
> I have viewed the agenda of mif bof, and I notice some problem
> statements for mif are not concluded in the current ps documents which
> will be discussed in the meeting.
> So I post these additional problems in the mail list for discussion,
> all of them come from the draft
> "draft-hui-ip-multiple-connections-ps-02" with some modifications
> according to the comments received recently.
> There are five problems in addition, which will be proposed in five
> separated mails in order to have sufficient discussion for each of
> them.
> Five mails will be sent out following this mail, the structure is:
> 1. Host routing
> 2. DNS selection
> 3. Different metric measurements
> 4. Source address selection for IPv4
> 5. TOS consideration
>
> Any comment is welcomed, and thanks for your notice.
>
> BR,
> - Hui Min
>
_______________________________________________
mif mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mif

---

From: Min Hui <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:26:19 +0800

Hi, Liuyin

Thanks for correcting, I'll modify this sentence.

Thank you very much.

- Hui Min

2009/3/18, liuyin <[email-masked]>:
> 2009-03-18 ________________________________
>
> liuyin ________________________________
>
> 发件人： Min Hui