Subject: [mif] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 02:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiple Interfaces and Provisioning Domains Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : M. Blanchet, P. Seite
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-13.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-04-13

This document describes issues encountered by a node attached to
multiple provisioning domains.  This node receives configuration
information from each of its provisioning domains where some
configuration objects are global to the node, others are local to the
interface.  Issues such as selecting the wrong interface to send
trafic happen when conflicting node-scoped configuration objects are
received and inappropriately used.  Moreover, other issues are the
result of simulatenous attachment to multiple networks, such as
domain selection or addressing and naming space overlaps, regardless
of the provisioning mechanism.  While multiple provisioning domains
are typically seen on nodes with multiple interfaces, this document
also discusses single interface nodes situation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.