Subject: Re: [mif] questions on draft-ietf-mif-api-extension

From: "Zuniga, Juan Carlos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 23:27:18 -0400

Ted,

At the moment Pierrick and I were not planning to make a new version of
the current Connection Manager MIF API considerations document we
recently submitted (draft-seite-mif-cm), unless of course we got
specific comments before the deadline. However, by looking at your
previous response I think we are converging to the same line of thought.

We can take a look again at the document according to the suggestion
from your previous posting: 

" What I would encourage you to do if you want to go down this path is
think about the current [MIF API] document in terms of what it might
_prevent_ you from doing in the supplementary [extended MIF API]
document, and ask us to fix those bits."

Likewise, if you have time to read draft-seite-mif-cm and can send us
some comments to clean it up wrt the current MIF API document before the
next IETF it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Ted Lemon
> Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:32 AM
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [mif] questions on draft-ietf-mif-api-extension
> 
> On Sep 26, 2012, at 9:36 AM, <[email-masked]>
>  wrote:
> > Actually, Juan-Carlos and myself have submitted a discussion draft
to
> address this point. Now, I understand better the purpose of the MIF
API
> and we need to revise according to your feedback. Hopefully, we'll be
> ready to discuss it at the next IETF.
> 
> Yup, I was happy to see that, but haven't had time to read it yet.
If
> you get a new version out before the next IETF, I'll be ready to
> discuss it with you there.   :)
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mif mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mif