Subject: [mif] #9: violates RFC 5505 section-3.2.1 (fate sharing)

From: "mif issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 06:52:50 -0000

#9: violates RFC 5505 section-3.2.1 (fate sharing)

 From http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5505#section-3.2.1 :

 "For example, learning default gateways via Router Advertisements
 provides perfect fate sharing. That is, gateway addresses can be
 obtained if and only if they can actually be used."

 "Similar limitations exist for other server-based configuration
 mechanisms such as DHCP.  Typically DHCP servers do not check for
 the liveness of the configuration information they provide, and do
 not discover new configuration information automatically.  As a
 result, there is no guarantee that configuration information will
 be current."

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ek@…         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-mif-dhcpv6-route-
     Type:  defect       |  option@…
 Priority:  blocker      |     Status:  new
Component:  dhcpv6       |  Milestone:
  -route-option          |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mif/trac/ticket/9>
mif <http://tools.ietf.org/mif/>