Subject: [mif] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 19:33:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Happy Eyeballs Extension for Multiple Interfaces
	Author(s)       : Gang Chen
                          Carl Williams
                          Dan Wing
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-10-21

Abstract:
   Currently the interface selection in multi-interface environment is
   exclusive - only one interface can be used at the time, frequently
   needing manual intervention.  Happy Eyeballs in MIF would make the
   selection process smoother by using the connectivity checks over a
   pre-filtered interfaces according to defined policy.  This would
   choose "best" interface with an automatic fallback.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: GangChen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:02:45 +0800

Dear folks,

We have updated the draft with the comments received so far.

The changes mainly are

1) Added the further discussions on the setting of Fallback Timeout in
Section 6.2. The draft described several available recommendations we
found. For more optimal timers, authors believe those settings should
leave to particular cases and implementation decisions. We provided
discussions accordingly to clarify the concerns.

2) The precedence of user inputs has been highlighted

3) Two-stage approach has been claimed to be "not prescribed" in section 4

4) Several editorial improvements

Your further comments are more than welcome

Many thanks

Gang

2012/10/22, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>