Subject: [mif] IPsec and multiple interfaces: draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00.txt

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 12:26:28 +0200

Hi,

Please find here the new draft on multiple IPsec interfaces. From comments
of IETF86, we do not create multiple VPNs on each interfaces from a single
IKEv2 channel. Instead we keep a single IKEv2 channel for each VPN.

To create VPNs on multiple interfaces, we first create parallel IKEv2 (and
associated VPNs). These VPNS are using the same interfaces.Then the
additional IKEv2 channel (and associated VPN) are moved to the proper
interface using MOBIKE.

We believe the changes IPsec are minors. Feel free to make comments!

URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00.txt

Best Regards,
Daniel
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00.
txt
To: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Daniel Migault and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa
Revision:        00
Title:           KEEP_OLD_IKE_SA Extension
Creation date:   2013-07-05
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00

Abstract:
   This document considers a VPN Client setting a VPN with a security
   gateway where at least one of the peer has multiple interfaces.

   With the current IKEv2, the outer IP addresses of the VPN are
   determined by those used by IKEv2 channel.  As a result using
   multiple interface requires to set an IKEv2 channel on each
   interface, and then on each paths if both the VPN Client and the
   security gateway have multiple interfaces.  Setting multiple IKEv2
   channel involves multiple authentications which MAY each require
   multiple round trips and delay the VPN establishment.  In addition
   multiple authentications unnecessarily load the VPN client and the
   authentication infrastructure.

   This document presents the KEEP_OLD_IKE_SA extension, where an
   additional IKEv2 channel from an already authenticated IKEv2 channel.
   The newly created IKEv2 channel is set without the IKEv2
   authentication exchange.  The newly created IKEv2 channel can then be
   assigned to another interface using MOBIKE.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58