Subject: [mile] RFC 6545 on Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:18:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6545

        Title:      Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) 
        Author:     K. Moriarty
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      84
        Characters: 203100
        Obsoletes:  RFC6045

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6545.txt

Security incidents, such as system compromises, worms, viruses,
phishing incidents, and denial of service, typically result in the
loss of service, data, and resources both human and system.  Service
providers and Computer Security Incident Response Teams need to be
equipped and ready to assist in communicating and tracing security
incidents with tools and procedures in place before the occurrence of
an attack.  Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) outlines a
proactive inter-network communication method to facilitate sharing
incident-handling data while integrating existing detection, tracing,
source identification, and mitigation mechanisms for a complete
incident-handling solution.  Combining these capabilities in a
communication system provides a way to achieve higher security levels
on networks.  Policy guidelines for handling incidents are
recommended and can be agreed upon by a consortium using the security
recommendations and considerations.  This document obsoletes RFC
6045.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC