Subject: [mile] RFC 6546 on Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) Messages over HTTP/TLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:18:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6546

        Title:      Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense 
                    (RID) Messages over HTTP/TLS 
        Author:     B. Trammell
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 19114
        Obsoletes:  RFC6046

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6546.txt

The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) defines a
common XML format for document exchange, and Real-time Inter-network
Defense (RID) defines extensions to IODEF intended for the
cooperative handling of security incidents within consortia of
network operators and enterprises.  This document specifies an
application-layer protocol for RID based upon the passing of RID
messages over HTTP/TLS.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC