Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-sci-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:55:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IODEF-extension to support structured cybersecurity information
	Author(s)       : Takeshi Takahashi
                          Kent Landfield
                          Thomas Millar
                          Youki Kadobayashi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-sci-05.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   This document extends the Incident Object Description Exchange Format
   (IODEF) defined in RFC 5070 [RFC5070] to exchange enriched
   cybersecurity information among cybersecurity entities and facilitate
   their operations.  It provides the capability of embedding structured
   information, such as identifier- and XML-based information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-sci

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-sci-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-sci-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:57:39 +0900

Hello all,

Based on the discussion at the meeting in Vancouver, I've updated the SCI
draft.
The main content of the draft is not changed at all, and how to handle
referenced specifications are the focal point of the changes.
Let me summarize how I did as below.

1. Specification names are removed from the normative reference

All the xml format specifications are removed from the normative reference.
The text in the main body (until section 9) does not have any name of the
specifications.
They appear only in the appendix II and appendix III and informative
references.
For the purpose of providing example XML, it was needed to have these
specifications in the appendices.

2. Trademark remarks are added at the beginning of Appendix II, where these
trademarked specifications firstly appear.

Trademark-related information are marked for all the specifications except
CCSS, CVRF, CVSS, and XCCDF.

3. Mandatory to implement section was changed.

There was a discussion of EICAR before.
Thus the latest version of the draft uses the examples in the draft is used
for that.
The example contains the CEE in XML and CVE identifiers.

I would appreciate any comments on the draft.

Thank you.
Take

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:56 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-sci-05.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mile mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile

---
Takeshi Takahashi, Ph.D.,
Senior Researcher at National Institute of Information and Communications
Technology,
Tokyo, Japan.
[email-masked]