Subject: Re: [mile] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-rfc5070-bis-22: (with COMMENT)

From: "Roman D. Danyliw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:33:05 +0000

Hello Alvaro!

Thanks for the review.  A response is below ...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alvaro Retana [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:24 PM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]
> Subject: Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-rfc5070-bis-22: (with
> COMMENT)

[snip]
 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> COMMENT:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I am out of my depth here…
> 
> I noticed that rfc6685 Updated rfc5070, which this document Obsoletes.
> rfc6685 just "specifies additional expert reviews for IODEF extensions".
> But a similar consideration was not included in the bis.  Is it not needed?

Good point.  This was an oversight.  The expert review suggested by rfc6685 should be added to this draft too.

> Should this document also Obsolete rfc6685?

Yes, it should.

Thanks for catching this issue!

Roman

---

From: "Roman D. Danyliw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 13:55:44 +0000

Hello Alvaro!

> From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roman D. Danyliw
> Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 9:33 AM
> To: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>; The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [mile] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-rfc5070-
> bis-22: (with COMMENT)
> 
> Hello Alvaro!
> 

The new text in -23 reads as follows:

10.3.  Expert Review of IODEF-Related XML Registry Entries

   IODEF class extensions, per Section 5.2, could register their
   namespaces and schemas with the IANA XML Namespace ("ns",
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/xml-registry.xhtml#ns)
   and Schema registries ("schema", http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-
   registry/xml-registry.xhtml#schema) described in [RFC3688].  In
   addition to any reviews required by IANA, changes to the XML Schema
   registry for schema names beginning with
   "urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:iodef" are subject to an additional IODEF
   Expert Review [RFC5226] to ensure compatibility with IODEF and other
   existing IODEF extensions.

   The IODEF expert(s) for these reviews will be designated by the IETF
   Security Area Directors.

   This document obsoletes [RFC6685].

Thanks again for the feedback,
Roman