Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 09:17:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange of the IETF.

        Title           : IODEF Usage Guidance
        Authors         : Panos Kampanakis
                          Mio Suzuki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2017-05-22

Abstract:
   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format v2 [RFC7970] defines
   a data representation that provides a framework for sharing
   information commonly exchanged by Computer Security Incident Response
   Teams (CSIRTs) about computer security incidents.  Since the IODEF
   model includes a wealth of available options that can be used to
   describe a security incident or issue, it can be challenging for
   security practitioners to develop tools that can leverage IODEF for
   incident sharing.  This document provides guidelines for IODEF
   implementers.  It also addresses how common security indicators can
   be represented in IODEF and use-cases of how IODEF is being used.
   This document aims to make IODEF's adoption by vendors easier and
   encourage faster and wider adoption of the model by Computer Security
   Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) around the world.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Panos Kampanakis (pkampana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 16:24:16 +0000

Hi Nancy and Take-san,
This submission addresses all feedback we received while in the WGLC . 
Let us know if there is anything else we should address on our end. 
Thank you,
Panos

-----Original Message-----
From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 12:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
mile mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 13:44:04 +0000

Just a thought – would it worthwhile to have a hackathon project on interoperable exchange of information by CSIRTs based on the IODEF model and guidance in this draft?
https://www.ietf.org/hackathon/

Cheers,
Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: mile <[email-masked]> on behalf of "Panos Kampanakis (pkampana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 9:24 AM
To: "Nancy Cam-Winget (ncamwing)" <[email-masked]>, Takeshi Takahashi <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10.txt

    Hi Nancy and Take-san,

    -----Original Message-----
    From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
    Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 12:17 PM
    To: [email-masked]
    Cc: [email-masked]
    Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10.txt

    
    Abstract: