Subject: [mile] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-rolie-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 07:41:14 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mile-rolie-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rolie/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The schema registration in Section 8.1 says "See section A of this document." I
think you mean Appendix A? Also, as with Ben I don't understand what it implies
for the schema to be informative.

Section 8.3 says "Designated Expert reviews should be routed through the MILE
WG mailing list.  Failing this, the Designated Expert will be assigned by the
IESG." Might it be better to assign a back-up designated expert at the time of
the document's approval, so that we don't end up in a situation of prolonging a
registration delay by having to find and approve an expert after the WG mailing
list has proved unresponsive?

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:44:53 -0400

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rolie/

This is my fault, I didn't check the text after I had asked for
corrections.  If you see the ballot text, I had already named 2 DEs
and had expected the text to say that the discussion would be on list.

Thanks for catching that!
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 11:24:03 -0400

> On Oct 25, 2017, at 10:44 AM, Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Oh, great. I did not read the ballot text. ;)