Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:56:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using XMPP for Security Information Exchange
        Authors         : Nancy Cam-Winget
                          Syam Appala
                          Scott Pope
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   This document describes how to use the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP) as a transport for collecting and
   distributing security-relevant information between network-connected
   devices.  To illustrate the principles involved, this document
   describes such a usage for the Incident Object Description Exchange
   Format (IODEF).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 15:43:36 -0600

The authors convinced me to help with this document, so I'm now a
co-author. My perspective on the changes:

1. We clarified the use of SACM terms and their mapping to XMPP terms

2. We tightened the focus on the broker (pubsub) flow

3. We removed a lot of excess text

4. We still need to add multiple examples and explain how to publish
different kinds of payloads (e.g., IODEF vs. other formats)

Unfortunately we ran out of time to address all the issues, so expect
version -05 soon after the IETF meeting.

Peter

On 10/30/17 4:56 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mile mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile
>