Subject: [Mip4] Chairing and status of mip4 WG

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:51:13 -0400

As I mentioned in Vienna, I think the proposed MIP4 charter is ready
to take to the IESG for their review and will do so shortly. There has
been a bit more wordsmithing to its content, so we'll post the updated
version to the list shortly.

In terms of chairing, Henrik Levkowetz and Pete McCann have agreed to
co-chair the new group. I'd like to welcome Henrik and Pete and thank
Gabriel, Raj and Phil for their work in chairing the WG up until this
point. The new and previous chairs are working together to ensure a
smooth transition.

At this point, all mip4 related discussion should be taking place on
the mip4 mailing list, and should no longer (in general) be cc'ed to
the mobileip mailing list. To get on the new list:

    Mip4 mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4

Thomas

_______________________________________________
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:36:16 -0500

Hi, Thomas, all,

Thanks for the welcome, and for entrusting Henrik and me with the job
of overseeing the important work that needs to get accomplished here
in MIP4.  My thanks as well to Gabriel, Raj, and Phil for their help
so far (I'm sure we'll need more of it in the days and weeks to come).

My hope is that the MIP4 working group becomes a place where
well-reasoned, focused, and amicable (yes!) discussion produces
standards that meet the current deployment needs of Mobile IPv4,
without compromising the quality and integrity we expect from Internet
protocols.

-Pete

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:54:31 +0200

Hi,

	Yes, what more can I say? Pete's said it so well, and has my
complete agreement!

	Henrik