Subject: [Mip4] [issue25] AAA-NAI extension sub-types for non-AAA NAIs

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:58:29 +0000

This has been entered in the issue tracker as issue 25.

owner: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>:

category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-nai
priority: Should fix
status: No discussion
title: AAA-NAI extension sub-types for non-AAA NAIs

The draft-ietf-mip4-aaa-nai-00.txt has been submitted to, and
discussed by, the IESG, which had a few comments. These comments should
be handled in the intermediate draft version -01.a available here:

 http://www.mip4.org/drafts/aaa-nai/

One comment has also been made on the list on this draft, which is
that it would be better to define a generalized NAI extension, rather
than this AAA nai extension.

In view of how far the draft has advanced, and the fact that the AAA
NAI extension is referred to in the diameter mip4 application draft
(draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-15.txt), so any larger delay are
rather bad, I propose to resolve this issue as follows:

Add to IANA Considerations section:

  The content and format for this extension is not specific to AAA NAIs,
  so if in the future new NAIs are defined which does not strictly fall 
  within the category of AAA NAIs, they may nevertheless be accomodated 
  within the subtype numbering space defined for the AAA NAI Extension 
  defined in this document.
_________________________________________________
Mip4 issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mip4/issue25>
_________________________________________________

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4

---

From: Alpesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:21:35 -0800

Henrik -

I agree that we want to keep it extensible. I am okay with the statement
that other types of NAI can be defined in the sub-type field in future.

-a