Subject: [Mip4] [issue25] AAA-NAI extension sub-types for non-AAA NAIs

From: Mip4 Issue Tracker Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:08:35 +0000

This comment from Mip4 Issue Tracker Admin <[email-masked]> has been added to issue 25:

draft: draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-nai -> draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-nai
status: Text proposed -> Accepted

Having had no adverse responses to the proposed changes to the aaa-nai draft,
here is the proposed resolution:
(an updated draft is available at http://mip4.org/drafts/aaa-nai/ )

Change the title:
Old:
    Mobile IPv4 Extension for AAA Network Access Identifiers
New:
    Mobile IPv4 Extension for carrying Network Access Identifiers

Throughout the document, change "AAA NAI Extension" to "NAI Carrying Extension"

In the abstract, change
Old:
    This document defines a Mobile IP
    extension that enables the HA to pass its identity to the mobile node
    which can then pass it on to the new AAA server when changing point	
    of attachment.		
New:
    This document
    defines a Mobile IP extension that carries identities in the form of
    Network Access Identifiers (NAIs), which may be used by an HA to pass
    its identity to the mobile node which can then pass it on to the new
    AAA server when changing point of attachment. This extension may also
    be used in other situations requiring communication of a NAI between
    Mobile IP nodes.

Section 3, first paragraph, change
Old:
    This section defines the AAA NAI Extension which may be carried in	
    Mobile IP Registration Request and Reply messages [1]. The extension
    may be used by any node that wants to send identity information in	
    the form of a NAI [3]. This document defines subtype numbers which	
    identify the NAI as a HA identity and a Home AAA identity,		
    respectively.		
New:
    This section defines the NAI Carrying Extension which may be used in
    Mobile IP Registration Request and Reply messages, and also in Mobile
    IP Agent Advertisements [1]. The extension may be used by any node
    that wants to send identity information in the form of a NAI [3].
    This document also defines some subtype numbers which identify the
    specific type of NAI carried, in Section 4 and Section 5. It is
    expected that other types of NAI will be defined by other documents
    in the future.

Change the description of the Sub-Type field:
Old:
    Sub-Type This field describes the type of the entity which owns the	
    NAI. The following subtypes are defined:		
	 	
        1 HA Identity NAI (Section 4)		
		
        2 AAAH Identity NAI (Section 5)
New:
    Sub-Type This field describes the particular type NAI which is
    carried in the NAI field.

In IANA Considerations section, add:
New:
    The content and format for this extension is not specific to AAA
    NAIs, so if in the future new NAIs are defined which does not
    strictly fall within the category of AAA NAIs, they may nevertheless
    be accomodated within the subtype numbering space defined for the AAA
    NAI Extension defined in this document.
_________________________________________________
Mip4 issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mip4/issue25>
_________________________________________________

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4